• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a good cook?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Do you know how to cook? Or do your parents cook your meals for you?

Can you make extravagant dishes? Do you know how to bake? What are some of your favourite foods to make?

Are you a good cook?
6a00d83451cb0369e20120a8c500fe970b-800wi

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Yes. n.n I cook all the time and I'm told I'm very talented at it; it's the only thing about myself I admit to being really good at. xD My signature 'dishes' are pork pies with quail eggs inside and practically anything made with mince :3 I also bake tonnes of cakes, apparently the best of which was a black forest gateaux, and I tend to cook at least 4 times a week, so yeah, I'm pretty good at it :D I'll cook literally anything as long as I have the ingredients just because I find cooking a lot of fun and even if the dish doesn't turn out wonderful I'll still try again for fun :3

Years
I can follow the instruction in a recipe, but I'm kinda slow about it so anything that requires me to do several things at once is likely going to result in some unappetizing meal because I left something simmering for too long while I was busy chopping vegetables.

This is why I like making curry. It's just a big stew pot and you throw everything in one after the other depending on how long you want whatever it is to cook. Very easy.

NixChill

Who Ya Callin' Pinhead?
Years
some people say that im a good cook, which is unbelievable because im only 11. but i do know how to cook some classic recipes

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
I'm getting better. I am currently living alone so I'd have to cook most of my meals since I'm sick of takeaway food.

Years
I'm not that good of a cook. I'll follow recipes blindly and sometimes they'll turn out good, sometimes they'll turn out pretty bad. So I typically leave the cooking to my family haha. I want to be a better cook, so I hang around in the kitchen trying to pick up skills lol.

TY

Im decent at cooking stuff, though i cant cook any kind of food without mistakes lol...

pleb

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
Give me the job and I'll end up setting the oven on fire.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I'm getting better. On a limited budget it's hard to build a good empire of a kitchen, but that's where you start. I've mixed a lot of weird stuff together. Fortunately when you and everyone around you is stoned 99% of the time, everything is delicious. I must say I come up with awesome cooking ideas when I'm stoned though. I made the best peanut butter/chocolate cupcakes stoned basically via magic because there is never anything to work with in this house.

I managed to ignite my cereal so...
No, I'm not a cook.
I imagine this spoken by the voice of your avatar character and it's slightly funny to me.

Years
Some funny cooking problems i've done:

- Made my brownies boil. Forgot the eggs 8D
- Used cool aid spoon to stir my ramen on accident. Pink ramen!

In all seriousness, I have messed up a few times. But I can cook some larger recipes without problems. I guess I'm forced to cook and I don't enjoy it at all :c

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I can't really cook but I can bake a cake really well. A lot of people like the sponge cake that I make: It's my specialty. ^_^

Years
My parents cook dinner, though occasionally I'll cook. I'm more of a baker, and I guess I'm fairly good. I enjoy making extravagant things, though I almost never can since my house doesn't have any ingredients. Cookies are boring, and souffles/mousse etc aren't (at least that's how I see it)

I like to make pies and I lovelovelove making pancakes. I had a streak where I made them like 3 times each week for a couple of weeks lol. Muffins are fun too, and I also enjoy making popcorn and caramel, though the latter is scary.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I've been told I'm an excellent cook. However, I never like to think that myself. I like to experiment and I really enjoy cooking. Maybe one day I'll consider myself to actually be good. :D

I specialize in a lot of Italian and oddly enough, Chinese dishes. Don't ask how. :\

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I am a master of the microwave. Does that count?

But seriously, I hate being around heat so getting close to the oven, or boiling water for pasta, or whatever is really hot I don't want to be around it. I feel jittery and nervous around things like that :C But I'm getting better at handling it. I don't usually cook though.

xelarator

Gentlemen.
Years
I guess I'm a decent cook, since I know how to use a stove and make some basic food. One of my favorite foods is a Cheese Quesidilla. You get one flour tortilla, put about 2 slices of cheese on it, then put another tortilla over it. Then I cook it on a stove for about five minutes, a quick and easy snack if I'm hungry. I also know how to make hash browns, and how to properly make a Cheeseburger on the stove. My grandma has been watching the freezer ever since I learned how to make a Cheeseburger, she's afraid that I might eat all the patties (again).

Back