• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♛ Legendary Pokemon Club (new event started!) ♛

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
Username: ClumzyTrainR13

2 Partner Pokemon: Palkia and Zekrom

What do you think about Xerneas and Yveltal, the new Legendary Pokemon?

Honestly, I didn't think that when 6th gen would come upon us, that the legendaries would look amazing, just as they did in previous gens. I thought, personally, that the legendaries would be terrible, because GF has to run out of ideas eventually... right? Despite that, I stand corrected. Xerneas and Yveltal look awesome, and in my opinion, I prefer Yveltal because I'm hooked on the "main dragon legend" sort of thing. I also see how Yveltal seems like the "bad guy" based on the trailer, and I always like some sort of variation >: D. Maybe in X and Y you get to choose whether you want to be good or evil? Its just a theory, but i think it would be really fun if that were to happen.

Years
Username: Cirno
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Victini, Shaymin
They're really awesome - I feel like the legendary designs are a lot cooler than the ones we've gotten for the last two gens. <3; We can really get a feel of their personalities from the design too; Xerneas looks more like the mysterious and calm legendary while Yveltal strikes me as the more aggressive legend.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Username: Elgyem
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Lugia and Ho-Oh
I actually quite like them. Their origins are interesting, with Xerneas seeming to originate from the neuron and Yveltal originating from the muscles. These origins are reflected in the appearances of the new legendaries, with Yveltal especially reflecting that with it's red exterior, which seems to be covered with darker red lines, really giving the appearance of muscle. While Xerneas reflects the neuron less than Yveltal reflects the muscle, the inspiration shines through, giving Xerneas a very wise and calculating appearance. As for the animal that the legends are based off of, obviously Xerneas is a stag, but I can draw some interesting parallels between Yveltal and the Hraesvelg of Nordic mythology.

In fact, I have already decided that I like these legendaries better than any of the legendaries that Generations IV and V gave us (although I really don't like the Generation VI starters). The main reason is that while those legendaries looked very mechanical and manufactured, the Generation VI legends look very organic and natural.

Last edited:

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
Is there any possibility that I may switch my pokemon from Palkia to Keldeo? If not, that's completely understandable, but it just seems that Keldeo strikes more of as my partner pokemon. Thank you.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
It just seems that Keldeo strikes more of as my partner pokemon. Thank you.
Why? I'm curious! What is it about Keldeo that strikes you as a partner? It does seem like a very companion-y Pokémon (if that's a word!) but honestly it's not one I've ever really liked, it seems kind of... silly? I don't know, it just looks a bit too childish to be one of these "legendary protector swordsman" things, but maybe that's meant to be the idea and I just haven't read up on its origins haha. Incidentally, I have no idea what Keldeo's Resolute form is supposed to be about, so if anyone cares to explain I'd be grateful! :D

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
@AlexOzzyCake Actually I think I can see where hes coming from. With palkia being a giant and super important legendary pokemon that governs an entire sector of reality, Keldeo does indeed give you that sense of intement companionship along with being able to take Keldo anywhere you go. However I might be wrong.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Courage posted this in another club and I just had to quote it here due to the greatness of the idea.

Haha, yush I do agree in hopes that Yveltal will be dark type. Like the above said, it would make even greater sense if Xerneas was psychic type. But ya never know. Its color scheme and design definately shouts "Dark!". But in any situation, I guess it would depend on their story roles. Heck, Xerneas with its sparkling antlers may be even able to change type.
DFGKLSHF HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE. If Xerneas came in random types or could change type without some gimmick like Arceus's plates or Rotom's washing machines, how epic would that be? Then if it was ______ type at level __ then it'd learn ______ move or _____ move based on the type, and you'd have to be really careful about making sure it learns the exact moves you wanted by constantly swapping it's type which just sounds sooo cool. Plus you'd be able to try out any type of legendary you'd want so if you're yearning for a Poison legendary or you'd love to try out a Rock type deer-goat-thing, it'd be perfect. I'm loving this idea ahhh. *daydreams*

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Hmm.. what if Xerneas could be any type depending on the game? Just like how Wurmple could evolve depending the complex factor of it?

Like some game will have Xerneas as a dark type, and some will have it as a grass type and so on. That would be pretty cool :P

CourageHound

Years
Hmm. Maybe Xerneas could be any random type upon entering battle? :o that or even better, it could turn inyo a type that best resists your opponent's type or strongest move; something like that. Orrr, changing your opponent's type to be weak to xerneas' strongest move :3? Just brainstorming.

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
I like the idea of being able to choose which path you take good or evil, and that decides which legendary you face (Yveltal for evil and Xerneas for good) and that changing the game storyline. Just an idea, but imagine if you could be on Team _____ and try to beat your rival, who's a good guy. Someone like Ghetsis could relate as a professor. I think that would be pretty gosh dang awesome :D

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I like the idea of being able to choose which path you take good or evil, and that decides which legendary you face (Yveltal for evil and Xerneas for good) and that changing the game storyline. Just an idea, but imagine if you could be on Team _____ and try to beat your rival, who's a good guy. Someone like Ghetsis could relate as a professor. I think that would be pretty gosh dang awesome :D

An alignment system in the game sounds pretty damn cool. Unfortunately, GF will never make it, as they believe that being anything but a goody-two shoes who does everything perfect would be a bad influence for children.

Honestly, though, I'd love to join the enemy team. Going with the rumor that there will be appearance customization in the game, you could be given a uniform for the team, and you could get into triple battles with that team's grunts and commanders, and fight against your rival. Maybe there could be a key point in the game about halfway through where you decided who to side with.

Going with that idea, maybe you would have to capture Xerneas if you choose good and Yveltal if you choose evil. Then, you would have to fight the opposite legendary, who would be captured by your rival. Maybe in the third game, then, you could choose to be neutral and capture the third legendary, and get into an amazing double battle against both of the other legends.

And considering that I have hated every rival from every generation since Gen. III, I wouldn't have to be swayed to turn to the dark side.

As for my favorite of the two, I'd have to say Yveltal. I mean, it's a huge, menacing Norse vulture. Hell yes.

CourageHound

Years
Well i dunno about the whole good/evil thing, but I do agree that it would be a nice plot twist for your path to be influenced by you chasing after either one of the legendaries. Like say if you picked Xerneas you would be on a path of peace and good intentions while picking yveltal would be about misguidence and revenge(or something along those lines). But not neceserrily good or evil. Cuz GF wouldnt do that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Are Pokémon really capable of being Good/Evil though? I suppose legendary Pokémon would be the most likely candidates for this, but I don't think Pokémon are really capable of that level of thought...? Yveltal being evil just doesn't seem too likely to me, unfortunately! It'd be really cool if they did do a good vs evil theme, but I don't think GF will be too on board with that. I suppose some Pokémon like Cobalion/etc have been known to fight evil though, so who knows...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't think some Pokemon are meant to be evil. We see some Pokemon cause havoc, yes. But that's because they're provoked or have some sort of rivalry with other Pokemon. Like Groudon & Kyogre, Dialga & Palkia, Thundurus & Tornadus, Cresselia & Darkrai etc.

CourageHound

Years
Well as seen in the movies pokemon have a clear high standard of intelligence. The only instance of a pokemon being "evil" is under the ownership of an evil organization cuz they are attached to their person. No pokemon really have evil intentions. Malicious maybe, but not evil

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I remember in one episode of the anime. Pikachu and Squirtle said that Ekans and Koffing were evil. And Koffing and Ekans replied by saying that they were not evil, only their masters make them do bad things.

So that pretty much says stuffs about how Pokemon react don't they? Also aren't Pokemon like animals? Animals are also vicious sometimes but they're certainly not evil. Also, I don't think Arceus would make an evil Pokemon. What would be the point of making an evil Pokemon? :P

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Username: Umbr30n
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Rayquaza and Mewtwo

Answer a Topic: There's a possibility here. Only Darkrai really stands out right now. It's been doing bad deeds to citizens of Sinnoh (And possibly other regions too). Besides, I don't really think Darkrai will go around giving nightmares because of how it's rival has been. But then, what would have motivated it to go around causing panic? Why would it put LOADS of people in nightmares? I don't think maliciousness would go this far. However, there is just a slight chance it would have put Team Galactic in nightmares. If this is the case, then ROFL.

What's your favorite signature Legendary Pokémon attack?

Definitely Sacred Fire. It's so awesome. Since Ho-Oh is more of a Physical Attacker, Sacred Fire hits hard and it's a very good move. Plus a 50% chance of burning. That's once every two uses, which is awesomely helpful compared to other moves that have burn chance.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome, folks! Now, I really wish we had some Xerneas and Yveltal sprites to add, gah. :D

What do you think about Xerneas and Yveltal, the new Legendary Pokémon?
Love 'em! They are amazingly designed. I see Xerneas potentially being part Grass/Steel/Psychic while Yveltal could be Flying/Dark/Fire or even Poison or Fighting. I believe they could change their types through some move or some in-game event, kind of like Rotom.

Are Legendary Pokémon really capable of being Good/Evil?
Darkrai isn't exactly malicious (at least in the movie, dunno about the games). Those attacks are mostly defense mechanisms. That's Darkrai's power, to induce sleep and cause nightmares. I guess he can disappear or flee, but he may decide to send his opponent into sleep to ensure that he won't be pursued nor bothered.

Legendary Pokemon are sometimes misunderstood, haha. I remember from Lugia's Pokedex entry that it quietly spends its time in the ocean because its wings are strong enough to knock over houses. :( Like LilJz said, the legendary Pokemon often start fighting when provoked rather than engaging in evil activities. Legendaries do what they want and may destroy their surroundings or cause intense droughts or bend time or... whoops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back