• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Where are the admins? It's been a few days since Megamen was online... and Yellow hasn't been online for two weeks already >.> Is it alright to start worrying?

Years
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Landon Blumenthal

Nickname (Optional): Lan

Age (10-15): 13

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish): tanned skin, emrald green eyes, dark brown hair, wears a light-weight green/brown coat and green/gray shorts along with brown shoes. he also wears yellow gloves and likes to carry around his PokeNav. (i hope u know what a pokenav is. if not it's from gen.3 kinda like the gen.2 pokegear)

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?):

Desires popularity
Loves art
Neat
Dresses up for the occasion
Slight perfectionist
Narcissism
Charitable
Bossy at times
Plans ahead
Attention to detail
Loves public service

Beauty
Gifts
Debates
Attention
Intellectual conversations
Admiration
Credit cards
Mingling
Subtle colours, textures

Dislikes:

Noise
Confusion
Sloppiness
Ugliness
Dirt
Pressured decisions
Being rushed
Criticism

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): Lan grew up a small, lush, forest village located in north-central Orre called Agate Village. A large river runs past the town, accounting for its abundance of flora in an area that is primarily desert. The terrain in the village is also fairly mountainous as it is located near the westernmost edge of Mt. Battle. His parents were married at an early age after they completed their pokemon journey together but divorced a few months after Lan was born. Landon never really knew his father because his mother (Jade Blumenthal ) was the one who took him after his parents divorced. His father was a dirty man who was very irresponcible. he was always gone for a few days only to come back all jacked up which made his wife angry yet sad alot so she decided to leave and live with her mother and father until Lan was born and she could find a job.
Age 5 was when Lan met his step-father (Ty Suki ). he was a about 6' 3", very tan skin, rose red hair, and amber colored eyes that made him look like his personality resembled fire. He was actually the new owner of the orre colleseum. He used a lot of strong pokemon a guy like him would use. His personal favorite, Throh. His new father intimidated Lan and made him really nervous when he was near him. What Landon didn't realize was that his father was probably the most warm hearted guy you'll ever meet and this kinda sadened his new father. Lan's father Ty thought of a way to strenghthen his bond between him and his son and an idea popped into his mind. maybe he could catch him a pokemon, a pokemon that could take good care of Lan and be easy to care for. So,after some more thought and research, he thought of the perfect pokemon. The next morning, Lan silently dragged himself into the kitchen to have his mom make him breakfast when he suddenly stopped in his tracks to look up fearfully at a tall man above him. "Here Lan," his step-father grinned,"I got this for you at the safari zone!" Lan rubbed his eyes to make sure his vision was clear. His eyes widened and a grin formed on his face. The first thing he said ever to his father was, "I love you daddy! Thank you so much!"
Lan felt a drop of water hit his forhead so he looked up. He saw that his father was crying, but they weren't tears of sorrow, they were tears of joy. Since that day,Landon has done just about everything with his pokemon. That pokemon's name was Solosis, or Bubble since Landon did nickname his pokemon. One hot day in the middle of June, his mother and father decided to send him off to this newly founded pokemon trainer academy where he could start his very own journey at. So they helped him pack his things and decided to slip in some potions, full heals, etc. Landon left bright and early the next day, waving goodbye as the cruz ship sailed away toward the vast ocean.
Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.): Solosis
Species: Cell Pokémon
Nickname(Optional): Bubble
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):

Shy
Romantic
Trustworthy
Aloof
Dreamy
Creative
Understanding
Unrealistic
Impractical

Romance
Nature
Ambient music
Poetry
Mystical settings
Being loved / wanted
Freedom
Privacy

Dislikes:

Noise
Crowds
Dirt & ugliness
Garish objects
Being reminded
Tight spaces
Authority
Revealing private life

Lvl(Max 30): Lvl.20
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): 1.Psyshock 2.Recover 3.Future Sight 4.Light Screen 5.Psywave 6.Heal Block

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Sorry for my recent inactivity. I've been occupied with alot of stuff. My youtube channel recently got Partnership so I've been working on a few things there and I'm helping my friend with a fan movie so theres that as well. Anyways I'll go over these SUs fairly soon. I'll get back to ya'll.

If you guys need to contact me outside of PTA my Skype is the same name as in PTA. Yellow seems to have been on break so I've mostly been taking care of PTA myself. I'll do my best to be the best GM I can be though with all of the stuff I'm doing :) Especially since I'm out of school

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Say, Megaman? Kilik's next class has Lt. Surge & he's an NPC. I don't know who else is participating in his class besides Mana, or who will be controlling Lt. Surge for the class. I'm stuck on what to post exactly. Could you help me out?

Megaman765

Years
Any player in the class is free to control NPC characters. You just have to decide among who's in the class. Anyone else concerned about the second classes and when to go to them, since alot of people seem to be preoccupied, I'll announce when the second classes begin. It won't be too long from now unless some of you are already in your second classes. The two class thing was kind of experimental so the teacher character would have more to do ^_^

Megaman765

Years
Alright! Time to go over ALLL the SUS. Here we go...

@WolfofEve: Your history is pretty short. Remember, 350 word Minimum.

@Mick Fizz: Your good to go. Nice SU :D

@DarkEmeraldRarity: Waaaayyyy too short. Check over the SU base on the front page for the minimum requirements.

@Cheezburgur5793: Same case. Too short, especially in appearance. Throw in some more details. Describing your character is extremely important for others that are interacting with you.

@H3115r3p3ntanc3: Your sign up is good for the RP, but you have to be assaigned to a Dorm. Its a matter of filling spots for the RP (which I haven't updated on the front page yet so I have no clue whats available and whats not. Working on that today) I wouldn't really picture a thirteen year old being able to have a home to himself in Oak town when he would basically have a home to himself in one of the dorms. Of course that dosn't mean he has to stay within the dorms the whole time. I'm fine if you want him to spend most of his time away from the dorms between classes though if you'd like to play on that! That'd be another personality trait for him :D Just lemme know what dorm you'd like to be in and your good to go!

@Mog the Moogle: Um... well this is kind of a new case for me but I would perfer if your Personality was more descriptive rather then a list.

ANYWAYS, time to get my lazy ass off the couch and update the front page. If you don't see your character on the front page please let me know and I'll get right too it as I got through to OOC forum for anything missing.

Megaman765

Years
Ah... sorry to hear that dude. Best wishes to you both :) If you ever wanna talk about anything I'm always around :)

Years
@Mog the Moogle: Um... well this is kind of a new case for me but I would perfer if your Personality was more descriptive rather then a list.

But is it descriptive enough? i tried to make it the least vague without doing so much writing.

what i meant to say was even if it's a list, it describes Landon well enough right?

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
But is it descriptive enough? i tried to make it the least vague without doing so much writing.

what i meant to say was even if it's a list, it describes Landon well enough right?

It's descriptive and gets the point across, but for the sake of being fair to everyone else and going by the SU template, you should try to at least put that list into the form of a paragraph. At least a minimum of 150 words as the template states.

Years
It's descriptive and gets the point across, but for the sake of being fair to everyone else and going by the SU template, you should try to at least put that list into the form of a paragraph. At least a minimum of 150 words as the template states.
oh okay, I understand now. i'll get to it. {XD}

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I fixed it, though it isn't easy to fill a history that large with less than a week's worth of history.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@PinkSapphire: Woah, woah! Don't worry people like that. The only reason I'm not posting much is because I'm currently trying very hard to therapeutically raise my muse from the dead. I've asked Megaman to step up his game in my absence. If for any reason he /isn't/ following through, the moment I find out I'll be back in a heartbeat to push things along.

In other news, the therapy is going pretty well. I've currently successfully gotten my muse to rise through other means. I just now have to find a way to apply that to PTA. (Which is... admittedly the hardest part.)

@WolfOfEve: Speaking of which. Since I /know/ you've updated your application I'm going to go ahead and say "Welcome back!" because your history looks good enough to me. Another odd character from WolfOfEve...

You only get a pass because Gardevoir is capable of learning telepathy in lore ;P, though I'm not quite sure what 'conflict' could be a great enough threat for the staff to let a gardevoir go around giving kids wedgies. I trust you'll have that covered. ;P

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
@WolfOfEve: Speaking of which. Since I /know/ you've updated your application I'm going to go ahead and say "Welcome back!" because your history looks good enough to me. Another odd character from WolfOfEve...

You only get a pass because Gardevoir is capable of learning telepathy in lore ;P, though I'm not quite sure what 'conflict' could be a great enough threat for the staff to let a gardevoir go around giving kids wedgies. I trust you'll have that covered. ;P
Odd and unusual characters are kinda my thing, and I find them much more entertaining in Roleplays.

What Conflict? Think PTA's Announcement/Front Desk Clerk, minus coffee, plus over-working schedule, bad morning, and multiply every factor by roughly five hundred. This is the Wrath of Zen.

tl:dr; A temper that has not been seen before by Human eyes, coupled with strong abilities and even stronger potential.

Just to make things even more interesting, I think I'll mention that Zen is actually an alternate timeline of a different character of mine.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Sorry I haven't been very active this past couple days, finishing up exams. All done now so I should be back posting tomorrow again. :)

Years
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Landon Vinson

Nickname (Optional): Lan

Age (10-15): 13

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish): tanned skin, emrald green eyes, dark brown hair, wears a light-weight green/brown coat and green/gray shorts along with brown shoes. he also wears yellow gloves and likes to carry around his PokeNav. (i hope u know what a pokenav is. if not it's from gen.3 kinda like the gen.2 pokegear)

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?):
Landon is quite the chatter box and won't hesitate to speak his mind. However, because of this, he can cause some people to get a little ticked off if he doesn't watch what he says. Lan is a very creative and imaginitive person as well, but you may not on the outside. Lan also enjoys attention, but does not demand it. In addition, he can be kind of funny and can really cheer people up even in the saddest situations. He is very interested in becoming a biochemist so he can find the cure for the infamous PokeRus (okay in the games it is good for a few reasons, but who cares it's a virus and it needs a cure! xD). A few things Lan HATES (yes, he really does. REALLY, REALLY DOES!): being dirty, spiders, being rushed, mean people (ex. bullies) and grapefruit.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): So it all started with Landon's father (Demarcus Vinson) and his mother (Orchid Azure) married in Pastoria City, Sinnoh long after they finished their pokemon journey together at age 18. They're goal was to be pokemon professors who would be the first to cure the uncurable, discover the undiscovered, and understand the world better than anyone besides "the creator" (Arceus). They educated their only child Landon at birth. Eventually, he was smart enough to work in his parents lab, experimenting with things without the need of assistance. Eventhough Lan was very smart and sort of a "geek" as most would say, he developed street smarts on his spare time which helped him develop a more childish, typical boy personality. What led him to enrolling at the PTA was a call from Prof. Oak informing that they would love to have a student like Landon at their academy to help him succed at getting a job as a biochemist.
Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.): Solosis
Species: Cell Pokémon
Nickname(Optional): Bubble
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):
Bubble is a goofy character who is very attached to Landon because of the close bond they have. They met in Lan's lab one dark and rainy afternoon, when a lonely Solosis was trying to get out of the rain, it saw a little window leading to a basement, so it squeezed it's way into the basement and the clumsy little pokemon knocked over tons of test tubes, bottles, etc. in the process. Landon, who was startled by the sudden shattering of glass, saw that a pokemon had snuck into his lab. The pokemon looked very sorry and was hiding under a desk. Landon's anger had faded to a light smile as he reached down to grab the little cell looking pokemon. "you'll make a good lab assistant," said Landon as he began to pick up broken bottles. "Now help me clean this up, will ya?"

Lvl(Max 30): Lvl.20

Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): 1.Psyshock 2.Recover 3.Future Sight 4.Light Screen 5.Psywave 6.Heal Block

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Zen is currently eating at the Academy PokeCenter, if anyone is up for interacting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back