• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Talc version (Special Shinx Edition)

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
You probably don't know me yet, unless you are one of the mods who annoys me all the time. (Seriously, I sent this thread to Beginner's Showcase and it wasn't approved, because of my past reputation alone. Mods, don't do that. It makes people miss out on a great game!)

Now, anyway, let's get to......

This game is made in RMXP, with Poccil's Essentials Kit. So far I have not much progress, but I have been working hopefully efficient.

Story:
You are a new Trainer, yeah, you get the idea.
The game starts with Oak's intro. Then you go to his lab grab your Shinx and a back door key to the lab, and POOF, there you go on your long journey through the Hyriquo Region defeating new Gyms, (PTCs) and eventually the Pokemon League. Idea gotten? Great. Now finally:

Screenshots:

Yeah, get the idea?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Koolkat, there is a universal problem with your game threads, such that I'm not surprised that they go unoticed/closed most of the time.

For starters, you have AWFUL presentation. The information you are providing on the game is really bare-bones, it doesn't tell us anything about your game to begin with, and it's just unappealing.

Second, your "story" is a joke.
Not only is this sentence grammatically incorrect, it's probably one of the worst ways you could introduce your story. This makes you sound unmotivated, and if an audience thinks you are not motivated to support your own project, so will they be unmotivated. You need to sell yourself better.

The game starts with Oak's intro. Then you go to his lab grab your Shinx and a back door key to the lab, and POOF, there you go on your long journey through the Hyriquo Region defeating new Gyms, (PTCs) and eventually the Pokemon League. Idea gotten? Great.
No... I don't get the idea. What is the Hyriquo region? What is Prof. Oak doing there? Why do I want to set on a journey? You need to tell this like an actual story and not just a description of what technically goes on in the game.

Now onto your screenshots... Ugh. They are all poorly mapped and the tiles are misused, but that's not the essence of the main problems with your game threads, so if you really want details, ask me.

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh to you, but this is a reality check. You really need to put more effort in your game posts, otherwise the only person who will pay attention to it is a mod who's job is to lock threads that don't comply with the forum guidelines.

Nobololol

King Of Mercy
Years
Yeah You definetly need better plans for game. You need to have the starter options, cities, gym leaders... It's really hard to start without any plans

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
I'm not a huge fan of the logo... No offence, but it looks unprofessional...

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
You probably don't know me yet, unless you are one of the mods who annoys me all the time. (Seriously, I sent this thread to Beginner's Showcase and it wasn't approved, because of my past reputation alone. Mods, don't do that. It makes people miss out on a great game!)
The moderators aren't here to annoy you, they do what they have to. You've had more projects this month than I had in my whole life, and the overall quality of those projects wasn't too high in my opinion, and that just makes the forum organized. If you find them to be annoying, you should think about their reason to act like that.

Now, anyway, let's get to......
Your logo really needs work. First off, text drawn with Paint is going to work. You either need to pixel it or just type it with the type tool, which is designed with a purpose. Also, a Shinx head on a letter? I have nothing against creativity, but it doesn't look to good.

Story:
And here I nearly stopped reading.

The game starts with Oak's intro.
You're using the same introduction as Pokemon RBYGSC?
A bit more creativity would be nice...

Then you go to his lab grab your Shinx and a back door key to the lab, and POOF, there you go on your long journey through the Hyriquo Region defeating new Gyms, (PTCs) and eventually the Pokemon League.
Why do you go to his lab? Why is his lab in the Hyriquo region? Why do you grab your Shinx? Why a backdoor key to the lab? Why not use the main entrance? Why do you go on a long journey?
Seriously, this story creates more questions than it answers.
Idea gotten? Great. Now finally:
Is this a joke or something?

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
Well besides the given points with your short introduction, I was really unhappy about the third screenshot. Even a bloody beginner using RMXP would be able to set the stones over the way instead of ruining the map with such cheap tiles. So you are either really really untalented, a troll or just lazy/unmotivated. I hope for the last one.

Back