• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'm finally in a position where I think I can start collecting again. It's a shame I pretty much completely missed the time where Plasma Blast was easily obtainable. Need to find me some Darkrai tins too so I can finish my deck. I'd like to be able to start playing cards. Liking XY so far though, and a new set comes out in May, so I definitely need to get out to the prerelease event. Always fun.

Years
I'm finally in a position where I think I can start collecting again. It's a shame I pretty much completely missed the time where Plasma Blast was easily obtainable. Need to find me some Darkrai tins too so I can finish my deck. I'd like to be able to start playing cards. Liking XY so far though, and a new set comes out in May, so I definitely need to get out to the prerelease event. Always fun.

Shame, really, because Plasma Blast was the Genesect set. Lots of Genesect there.

Seen anything on prerelease dates yet? I've not seen anything myself, let alone an actual release date.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Shame, really, because Plasma Blast was the Genesect set. Lots of Genesect there.

Seen anything on prerelease dates yet? I've not seen anything myself, let alone an actual release date.

No not me. Though im hoping flash fire will come out soon :(

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years

According to Bulba Flashfire comes out May 7th. Unfortunately my pre release events always happen like the weekend before so I don't really get a very big jump on the sets.

There's a few dates for Oregon here: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?182593-OREGON-XY-Flashfire-Prerelase-Tournaments

I don't know what states you're all in but if you do some digging you should be able to find your dates.

Speaking of XY sets, anyone else think it's weird that Mega cards have words in the art?

Last edited:
Years
I'm still waiting on the local TO to post the dates on his site for the Minneapolis area prereleases. :(

I think the Megas having text is odd, but it certainly didn't surprise me to see it there when I first saw the XY Megas.

Years
Typically, there's 4 for the Minneapolis area, and some others in outstate Minnesota, but we're only a month out from release. Maybe he changed where he posts his event announcements first, or maybe we've got a new TO for the area.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
If older sets say anything. Its most likely just going to be 2 in the set. 1 being Lucario. The next one is kind of a toss up. i can only assume they are going to make ones of each type before doubling up on them. So i can only assume its going to be Electric, Psychic, Steel, or what ever type has no been used yet.

Though if they count Charizard X and Y to separate Megas. Then they might end up doing 3 again or possibly even 4. Though for all we know it might end up being Mewto X and Y.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I think Mega Medicham, being that it's part fighting and would work as a psychic counterpart to Lucario for the set.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
And it also happens to not be one of the featured Megas in the game or a legendary. I like this theory.
There's also Heracross, I suppose. That's another part fighting type Mega and with it being a themed like that from the sound of things that could be a potential 3rd mega to round out the set. Then again they could be saving it for a set with the other bugs.

Years
There's also Heracross, I suppose. That's another part fighting type Mega and with it being a themed like that from the sound of things that could be a potential 3rd mega to round out the set. Then again they could be saving it for a set with the other bugs.

Wait, what other bug megas are there? I've not delved fully into the Mega stuff, so my knowledge of the ones that aren't legendaries and weren't featured in the game's story is quite limited.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Wait, what other bug megas are there? I've not delved fully into the Mega stuff, so my knowledge of the ones that aren't legendaries and weren't featured in the game's story is quite limited.
Pinsir and Scizor each have a mega. There's also Tyranitar, Aggron, Alakazam, Houndoom, Mawile, Manectric, Banette, Absol, and Garchomp.

I do think that it will be Lucario, Heracross, and Medicham though since the set clearly has a fighting theme and they're each dual typed fighting Pokemon. And considering that Kangaskhan is in Flashfire and wasn't one of the Megas in the main story, I don't think it'll matter when these appeared in the game.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I just ended up going to a tournament. For some reason it was rather large this week. Went 3-1 with Beedrill getting a "2nd" place out of i want to say like 14. The "" is because there were like 2 other people who also got "2nd." I won 4 packs and got a random prize of a play mat. the 4 packs had basically nothing, though i got a Emolga Ex FA. yay...

Best part of the day was being able to trade for 2 reverse holo juniper and 2 reverse holo max potion. Only 4 more cards to a full reverse holo deck.

That and i had a funny victory of turn 2 Beedrill. Knocking out some random basic 60 hp pokemon.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
I just ended up going to a tournament. For some reason it was rather large this week. Went 3-1 with Beedrill getting a "2nd" place out of i want to say like 14. The "" is because there were like 2 other people who also got "2nd." I won 4 packs and got a random prize of a play mat. the 4 packs had basically nothing, though i got a Emolga Ex FA. yay...

Best part of the day was being able to trade for 2 reverse holo juniper and 2 reverse holo max potion. Only 4 more cards to a full reverse holo deck.

That and i had a funny victory of turn 2 Beedrill. Knocking out some random basic 60 hp pokemon.

Congrats second place isn't all that bad. Though might i ask what deck beat you for first place?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years

That's pretty awesome! It's good to know that Beedrill is useful SOMEWHERE since it's utterly useless in the video games. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back