• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Inferna's Art

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
Welcome to my thread of arts!

Hello :3​

I've been drawing since I don't even know when. I mainly draw Pokemon fanart and other stuff! I'm studying an art course at my local college and hope to go onto uni and become an illustrator.​

here we go:​

DIGITAL ART W/ POKEMON

Spring into Season​

Spoiler:

A request from someone​

Spoiler:

Mama Leavanny​

Spoiler:

This is the test I left land for​

Spoiler:

Hypnotise!​

Spoiler:

Cacturne Used Needle Arm!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Battle At Stark Mountain
Spoiler:

Other Fan Art

Hershel and Randall's Escape [Professor Layton fanart]​

Spoiler:

Teeny Sanguini - from DQ9
Spoiler:

Traditional Art
Still Life w/ Hot colours, done with acrylic paints
Spoiler:

Still Life w/ cold colours, done with acrylic paints
Spoiler:

Stone and Shell, done in watercolours
Spoiler:

GFX
Spoiler:

phew.

Thanks for looking, C&C are very much appriciated :3​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey there! :3

Let me just go ahead and jump right into this, if you don't mind! I really like your Pokemon. I love, love, love this one! The concept is so cute and I've just been dying to see someone do a paneled Sawsbuck piece like that. I also really like your Hypno and the way to illustrated its pendulum in motion. It's simple, but it gets the point across really well. Lastly, your Levanny is just so adorable. I love the way you made Levanny look so nurturing and gentle, it really displays the character well.

I think the weakest part of all your drawings is the anatomy of your people. Hands seem to be something you struggle with. For instance, in this piece, there's no distinguishable thumb on her left hand, they're kind of all just forward facing digits. So when you're drawing hands, make sure you're using a reference to see how the anatomy works and where the hands can bend and move. In the same piece, the girl's face and eyes are also a little funny looking-- but that could be the style of your drawing. However, I think that drawing is a bit old because the issue with the face isn't present in any of your other humans. So you've definitely improved since then!

I'm surprised, because you actually have a pretty good grasp on color and shading, which is something a lot of artists struggle with. There's a lot of good, believable shading lines in, for example, Hypno's white collar fluff. I also really like the blue streaks in that girl's hair. So there are definitely elements of your drawings that can use improvement, but there's also a lot you excel at! As long as you keep posting your work here-- you'll improve for sure! And please post your traditional [that's what you meant by "trad", right?] works! We'd all love to see them!

Well done! I can't wait to see more! :D

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i love looking at your drawings. you're very good at shading(:
i love the spring into the season one. i really do love the concept. i wish the different seasons were somehow blended in more so the picture flows.
the person one bothers me a little bit because the character's hand is very disproportional. also, i think the legs are a little awkward because they are so thin.
i think your best artwork is with the pokemon characters. you're amazing at shading. just keep working on proportions and making things more realistic.
can't wait to see more.

Inferna

Years
Hey there! :3

Let me just go ahead and jump right into this, if you don't mind! I really like your Pokemon. I love, love, love this one! The concept is so cute and I've just been dying to see someone do a paneled Sawsbuck piece like that. I also really like your Hypno and the way to illustrated its pendulum in motion. It's simple, but it gets the point across really well. Lastly, your Levanny is just so adorable. I love the way you made Levanny look so nurturing and gentle, it really displays the character well.

I think the weakest part of all your drawings is the anatomy of your people. Hands seem to be something you struggle with. For instance, in this piece, there's no distinguishable thumb on her left hand, they're kind of all just forward facing digits. So when you're drawing hands, make sure you're using a reference to see how the anatomy works and where the hands can bend and move. In the same piece, the girl's face and eyes are also a little funny looking-- but that could be the style of your drawing. However, I think that drawing is a bit old because the issue with the face isn't present in any of your other humans. So you've definitely improved since then!

I'm surprised, because you actually have a pretty good grasp on color and shading, which is something a lot of artists struggle with. There's a lot of good, believable shading lines in, for example, Hypno's white collar fluff. I also really like the blue streaks in that girl's hair. So there are definitely elements of your drawings that can use improvement, but there's also a lot you excel at! As long as you keep posting your work here-- you'll improve for sure! And please post your traditional [that's what you meant by "trad", right?] works! We'd all love to see them!

Well done! I can't wait to see more! :D
Thank you~
Drawing people isn't my strongest point aha. I struggle with hands, like you pointed out! The one on the requested picture has been bugging for ages, I really need to fix it.
I've always put a lot of effort into my shading, I prefer shading than drawing things out sometimes!
And yes trad is traditional :3 I'll post some trad pokemon stuff and some ~proper~ art up in a few days. I'm currently working on a Steelix drawing done with pencils so expect that up soon!

i love looking at your drawings. you're very good at shading(:
i love the spring into the season one. i really do love the concept. i wish the different seasons were somehow blended in more so the picture flows.
the person one bothers me a little bit because the character's hand is very disproportional. also, i think the legs are a little awkward because they are so thin.
i think your best artwork is with the pokemon characters. you're amazing at shading. just keep working on proportions and making things more realistic.
can't wait to see more.

Thank you :3 yeah I wish I blended that a little more, might do it at some point. I do need to draw more humans, I do a life drawing class so idk why I can't get it across digitally.
I'll be uploading some more art in the next few days so keep a look out c:

Inferna

Years
Here's some tradditional pokemon stuff, a lot of this is from >2011 but I still like it~ The first picture isn't though :L
Spheal and Sealeo, done in chalks. the qulity is a bit eh, my scanner and camera weren't working when i uploaded this so i had to use my phone :u
Spoiler:

My most fav'd picture on my old account.
Spoiler:

Luxray (from 2011)
Spoiler:

Zebstrika(from 2011 see also: can't draw horses)
Spoiler:

a digital scyther just because
Spoiler:

also have a qt cubone:
cubone_by_infernrar-d4z7ly7.png

i'm still working on a contest entry with a Steelix in it, so that'll be done within the next few days. I've also gotten into KH3DS so expect some Spirit/Nightmare arts up soon too :3

Inferna

Years
Just to show how much I've improved over the past year:
summary_of_art_2012_by_extrasupervery-d5n7kay.png

I got paint tool sai in january so have been using that as my program of choice now.
Jan - Squirtle was my first drawing in sai, it turned out okay i guess.
Feb - Tried to add more chars in and work on style, don't like this far too messy.
March - Starting to experiment with lines and colour, I didn't use this again until June.
April - April was a slow month, this is my only picture of worth :u I started messing around with using the brush tool for shading and have pretty much stuck with that.
May - This was my first huge picture 4000x4000! I carried on shading more and added in a decent background.
June - I really settled on a shading style here, began to use colour (harmony/complimentary) and use coloured outlines.
July - attempted perspective here and working on backgrounds.
August - Tried more 'actiony' drawings, really like how this came out.
September - This is my favourite picture of the year. I don't think i could've drawn this last year, I've worked a lot on my anatomy and shading.
October - This was just going to be a background but added in Leavanny and Sewaddles. I really like this, this taught me to make sure my outlines are dark enough.
November - A trad pic! This is my favourite one from college, I like the colours and although the comp is boring it looks nice.
December - First digital pic since October! I worked on colour more and settled on a new outlining style. Really like this.

I think I have improved :u

heres a graphic thing:
cd_cover_by_extrasupervery-d5tl7f7.jpg
a cd cover made in my design for print class. Using two spot colours - both are pantone.

i also have a shop now which is floating about in this board, so get requestin' c:

Inferna

Years
derp another update [sorry for the triple posting, if i don't get anymore i'll let this die aha]
Cacturne used Needle Arm!
Spoiler:

Desert Winds
Spoiler:

Battle at Stark Mountain!
One of my fav pics this year, although it's really busy but I like it c:
Spoiler:

I've updated the first post and made it more organized/nicer looking! I've added some traditional stuff too :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Wow Inferna.. you're gallery is just awesome.

Seldom do we have members who (mostly) exclusively post Pokemon drawings, so it's super excited to see someone so enthusiastic about Pokemon! <3; I can't wait to see some of your are for X and Y! ;)

I'm so glad to see you're branching out in medium too. Definitely a sign of your skills strengthening. You should be very proud! I love your Battle at Stark Mountain piece too. It seems like all of your more recent art is more adventurous in terms of story and pose. It's definitely way more polished too because I can see more textural elements in them now. Specifically in Ryhorn's shoulder area and in Camerupt's back volcano. You've packed a lot of depth into that piece, so I can see why it's an instant favorite! You've already taken so many steps to make that piece special and that effort really paid off. Question though... was Cacturne's hat the first thing you started drawing when you began that piece?

Dem fat little Vullaby are so cute ;;

This is pretty great too. It's busy... but it's not too much, you know? And it's definitely a departure from your Pokemon drawings. Besides, you used my favorite colors so ;)

Overall gurl, you've improved sevenfold since your first post. It's clear you're becoming more confident as an artist and you're beginning to understand the real theory behind it. You should be so, so proud of yourself. Please keep this gallery going please! <33;

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
I am totally in love with that Sawsbuck one. I love the changing panels.
And those Still Lives? Absolutely gorgeous. I love how you just captured a moment in time that seems as if it'll last on forever.

Inferna

Years
Wow Inferna.. you're gallery is just awesome.

Seldom do we have members who (mostly) exclusively post Pokemon drawings, so it's super excited to see someone so enthusiastic about Pokemon! <3; I can't wait to see some of your are for X and Y! ;)

I'm so glad to see you're branching out in medium too. Definitely a sign of your skills strengthening. You should be very proud! I love your Battle at Stark Mountain piece too. It seems like all of your more recent art is more adventurous in terms of story and pose. It's definitely way more polished too because I can see more textural elements in them now. Specifically in Ryhorn's shoulder area and in Camerupt's back volcano. You've packed a lot of depth into that piece, so I can see why it's an instant favorite! You've already taken so many steps to make that piece special and that effort really paid off. Question though... was Cacturne's hat the first thing you started drawing when you began that piece?

Dem fat little Vullaby are so cute ;;

This is pretty great too. It's busy... but it's not too much, you know? And it's definitely a departure from your Pokemon drawings. Besides, you used my favorite colors so ;)

Overall gurl, you've improved sevenfold since your first post. It's clear you're becoming more confident as an artist and you're beginning to understand the real theory behind it. You should be so, so proud of yourself. Please keep this gallery going please! <33;

Aha thank you! I do draw other stuff besides Pokemon but it's not as good I don't think :u I have a ton of traditional stuff from college that I've done, I draw and paint almost everyday there. I'll try and put some more up if people are interested in seeing it.
I've yet to draw something for X and Y, I'm not as excited for it yet but we shall wait and see~
Thanks, I really like the stark mountain one, that was when I really pushed myself to shade and add more action into my pictures and I'm glad people are noticing it c: Cacturnes hat was the first thing I drew, I've had to sprite it before in pixelovers, it's very awkward to get right.

I quite like doing graphicy stuff, I like following design processes so yeah aha.

I will def keep posting stuff here, it's a lovely community <3

I am totally in love with that Sawsbuck one. I love the changing panels.
And those Still Lives? Absolutely gorgeous. I love how you just captured a moment in time that seems as if it'll last on forever.
Thank you <3 a lot of people seem to like it :3 and thank you, i quite enjoy doing still lives!

so here's a picture for a contest on dA:
steelix_by_extrasupervery-d5v8zon.png

I'm really happy with it, it took me about half an hour to get Steelix's head right. Idk the body is bugging me a bit though, I don't think I curved it enough? Steelix is a bamf though <3

Inferna

Years
i'm sure you've all guessed that i drew this for the art battle. it's a concept i've had for ages just never got it down on paper!

bangoomgon_by_extrasupervery-d5tp9zd.png

I'm going to be super busy over the next few weeks. I've applied to a few unis and have interviews and folio submissions coming up so I doubt I'll be posting as much! I might post some of my sketchbook work later on when the stress is done aha.
I've got a few requests on the go on another website so should have them up on Sunday :3

Inferna

Years
so my stress wasn't as bad as i thought! just need to get everything mounted and that'll be it.

i've manged to do some new stuff as in two pictures today aha

messymon_by_extrasupervery-d5xhc53.png

tried to draw and let loose in a messier style! might continue this c:

arm_thrust_by_extrasupervery-d5xhcjv.png

a request from someone. i like how this turned out.

Inferna

Years
hello. sorry for the lack of art guys, been in a bit of a slump recently. I don't really have much to show for it besides a kiriban request I got on deviantart.
delcatty_by_extrasupervery-d5zwsye.png

I've looked at some tuts in hope of re inspiring me so hope that pays off.

Back