• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making a new Pokemon Rpg (Need Ideas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2011
Hey I'm making a new pokemon rpg but i can't really think of ant good ideas expect for the basic stuff. Do any of you guys have any ideas i can use

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years
Just do whatever you think is right. If you want to make a plain journey, go ahead (those seem popular) or if you want to make something else, be my guest. I'm not going to give you ideas because you should make your own. (hypocrisy alert!) I like horror though. This place could use a little more horror... BOO!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Well, we can't just say some random idea without any specification. Be specific. What kind of RPG do you want to make? Journey? Mystery Dungeon? Legendary-Pokemon-Based? Something more creative? It should be something you feel you can and will want to continue with for a while. Read around at some of the RPs on the forum, or maybe even a fic or two. That might give you some thoughts. (Just as long as you don't completely copy someone else's RP/plot...) If you simply ask for ideas, we have no idea what kind if ideas you're looking for.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
Years
Well, we can't just say some random idea without any specification. Be specific. What kind of RPG do you want to make? Journey? Mystery Dungeon? Legendary-Pokemon-Based? Something more creative? It should be something you feel you can and will want to continue with for a while. Read around at some of the RPs on the forum, or maybe even a fic or two. That might give you some thoughts. (Just as long as you don't completely copy someone else's RP/plot...) If you simply ask for ideas, we have no idea what kind if ideas you're looking for.

Exactly. We can't simply tell you what you should think of.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
I can.

I'd like to see a journey that explores the emotional side of the protangist and show the mental challeges he faces.

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
Years
You do that through the way you RP, not the RP itself. If you want to show the emotional side of your character, assuming he's the protagonist, then write it that way.

I have a tendency for Apocalyptic RPs myself, but that's just me.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Exactly. We can't simply tell you what you should think of.

True. But I can tell you that this looks very much like spam to me. If you don't have anything of your own to add to the topic then don't post.

I can.

I'd like to see a journey that explores the emotional side of the protangist and show the mental challeges he faces.

As Lusankya pointed out, this is not really a matter of plot but rather what the RPers make of it. Even an RP with an action-oriented plot can have a lot of emotional and mental exploration if the RPer in question emphasizes these aspects in their writing. (I always draw on the whole emotion and backstory bit, a lot, even in RPs where the RP master is more focused on the action) Conversely, flat and emotionless posts can spring up anywhere. At the end of the day, the plot itself is largely a moot point for this sort of thing.

Anyway...yeah, if you don't have any ideas of your own then you shouldn't really start an RP either. Not only does running a successful RP take a lot of time and commitment, it also requires plenty of creative work on the thread creator's part. A good base idea means nothing whatsoever if you don't manage to develop it in an interesting way as the RP progresses, and if you can't even manage the basic idea on your own then I seriously doubt that you'll be able to keep it fresh either. (Take it from me: keeping that plot going is a lot harder than getting it started) Plus, if it's not your idea to begin with - and if thinking such ideas up is really so hard - then the RP is going to get really tedious and frustrating for you really fast, which means you'll probably abandon it in a matter of weeks. :\

So yeah, if you have an idea, I'm quite willing to comment and help you expand on it, but don't expect anyone to do your work for you. If you want a good RP then all I can suggest is that you go out and search for inspiration (it could be literature, it could be games, it could be TV, it could be life; whatever works best for you) and stick to just joining RPs until you have a clear idea of what you want to do. ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back