• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nameless Tile Map Editor [NTME]

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
it would have to be 32x64, otherwise when he made it in NTME it wouldn't look normal at first, then all messed up in game...
What are you talking about? =/
My guess is he used 30xwhatever as tilemap size by looking at his screenshot.
But, I'll never know for sure if I don't see his tilemap XD

EDIT:
Muhahaha.. didn't notice the screens on the previous page..
So I was right, he used 30x14; which is WRONG..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2021
On the next verson, will the tilemap size change to 200% or 400% size because it's hard to see

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
On the next verson, will the tilemap size change to 200% or 400% size because it's hard to see
I don't see why I would do that:
1. With the multi-tile-selection + the Sphere MAP loading it's easy as hell to create a tilemap
2. If you really have problems because it's 'hard to see'; use the Magnifier in Windows

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2021
Sorry about the size, I did it as I can, It works, I used most Heartgold and Soul silver map arts.
View attachment 49646
View attachment 49647
also, the first tile of the map tiles, it should be black, because of the borders used the first tile which looks like gaps and cuts, thats my idea to help the borders

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
jonicito, I can hardly understand what you are saying.. but as you made your worldmap, I'm happy for you..

Anyway, I just thought about a new feature so I might post a newer version later today.
Everyone is free to give suggestions! The more the merrier!

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2021
jonicito, I can hardly understand what you are saying.. but as you made your worldmap, I'm happy for you..

Anyway, I just thought about a new feature so I might post a newer version later today.
Everyone is free to give suggestions! The more the merrier!

In your emerald map hacked in your first post, outside of the map is using first block like this
View attachment 49658
see the trees outside the map, thats what I meant, I used pokenav, my idea is put the black tile in the first tile of the map tile. if you don't understand, I'll tell you more about it. My map is for my hack called Chalkzone world

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2011
how do u put the edited world map on rom?

how do u put an edited map to rom?

Last edited:
Years
After trying out both Cyclone and NTME for FireRed and the tutorial on Youtube for both, I beleive that NTME is more efficient. And I don't think there are many or maybe not any tools for D/P or Platinum. I'd be pretty amazed if they came out with HG/SS ROM hacking tools before D/P.

I made a few mistakes while trying it but all you need is NTME and Sphere. For the titlescreen if I am correct.

Anyways I think this only works for... anything before D/P. His New NTME video is very useful aswell. A wonderland for titlescreen hackers.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Wow. Best TileMap editor to date. The "load tilemap from sphere file" function is amazing. The Tileset I wanted to insert into Ruby was too big so it gave me many glitches. I did the sphere things and It severely reduced the tileset size and allowed me to insert a BG into my Ruby title screen successfully.

Just one bug. When I save the Tilemap I made as a RAW file, if I open the tileset and its raw file, the raw seems to not load correctly because the size of the tilemap automatically changes. However, this bug is not present in your old NTME.

Other than that, awesome job!

Also, do you happen to know the location of the tilemap for the Ruby Pokemon Logo in the title screen? I've found it once before while messing around replacing RAWs in UnLz once, but I can't find it again and I've searched everywhere.

Thanks in advance.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Very nice. I'm definitely going to have to try this. Hope it works with Pokemon Leaf Green.

THis tool does not work with actual roms itself. It is just a tool which you can assemble tilemaps on to insert to Leaf Green and other roms, etc.

It would be your error if you messed up on insertions.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Wow. Best TileMap editor to date. The "load tilemap from sphere file" function is amazing. The Tileset I wanted to insert into Ruby was too big so it gave me many glitches. I did the sphere things and It severely reduced the tileset size and allowed me to insert a BG into my Ruby title screen successfully.

Just one bug. When I save the Tilemap I made as a RAW file, if I open the tileset and its raw file, the raw seems to not load correctly because the size of the tilemap automatically changes. However, this bug is not present in your old NTME.

Other than that, awesome job!

Also, do you happen to know the location of the tilemap for the Ruby Pokemon Logo in the title screen? I've found it once before while messing around replacing RAWs in UnLz once, but I can't find it again and I've searched everywhere.

Thanks in advance.

See the drop down bar on the side with different sizes?

Use that to change the way it looks and way it look correct.

It's not a bug. :3

Back