• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: 2nd Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Just a little suggesion. Other Chat is a very heavily spammed forum, as its where people post anything if they don't know where to put something. Eg. I have seen Trivia, ROM Hacking threads etc. there. However, there is only one Mod. Chibi-Chan does a good job when she is online but obviously when she is offline she can't when she's not. I'm suggesting that perhaps a 2nd Mod should be appointed, or assigned to, Other Chat. I am not at all suggesting myself for this position if that's what you think I am doing (shame on you!). I'm just making a sugestion (and that's what this area is for anway).

Any thoughts?

~The Cynic~

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
Well Other Chat by its very nature is bound to get spammy. Still, all the work shouldn't just be on one person.

Zet

Years
The higher ups are magical beings and will assign a person the job if they are deemed worthy enough. It's like that magical sorting thing in the Goblet of Fire.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I think all the mods/admins do a brilliant job at what they do, but yeah i've seen other chat being a bit over crowded with threads not being related to the right subject, also I would like to add another thing there is alot in other chat and its alot of hard work for just Chibi- Chan, so I think there should be another mod assigned to help keep it organised aswell =/

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
The higher ups are magical beings and will assign a person the job if they are deemed worthy enough. It's like that magical sorting thing in the Goblet of Fire.
Yeah, except they never choose me
Seriously though, how do they decide who is to be "deemed worthy"? IMHO people who frequent a certain forum should vote on who they believe is best suited for such a position(and people who'd just change rules on a whim to let people do whatever they want don't count).
All I'm saying is, when it comes to picking who patrols our forums and lays down the law in them, I think the regular members should have a greater role.
That's just my 2 cents. Don't mind me.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Yeah, except they never choose me
Seriously though, how do they decide who is to be "deemed worthy"? IMHO people who frequent a certain forum should vote on who they believe is best suited for such a position(and people who'd just change rules on a whim to let people do whatever they want don't count).
All I'm saying is, when it comes to picking who patrols our forums and lays down the law in them, I think the regular members should have a greater role.
That's just my 2 cents. Don't mind me.
Then this will lead to people voting for their friends, not who they think is best for the job.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
Well, I wasn't saying eliminate admin involvement completely. What I'm suggesting is that candidates(preferably a small handful)are brought before admins to see if they have what it takes. If given the nod of approval, then us regular folk can all have a vote on it and place whoever wins into the mod position that needs filling.

EDIT: Well it doesn't really seem like that's how it goes, unless I'm missing something? Granted, you may ask a few people how a potential candidate's overall attitude is, but that's probably the extent of it.

Zet

Years
Well, I wasn't saying eliminate admin involvement completely. What I'm suggesting is that candidates(preferably a small handful)are brought before admins to see if they have what it takes. If given the nod of approval, then us regular folk can all have a vote on it and place whoever wins into the mod position that needs filling.

Please refer to Serene Grace's post

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021

EDIT: Well it doesn't really seem like that's how it goes, unless I'm missing something? Granted, you may ask a few people how a potential candidate's overall attitude is, but that's probably the extent of it.
Forum democracies never work, I have had bad experiences with communities when normal members are given more influence. -.-'
Example: On a left-wing political forum, members of the Communist Club were given the power to temporarily ban people through a general vote. They ended up simply abusing it forcing the administration to take their power away, which led to a greater revolt against the forum. (Server got ddos'd)

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
Yeah, well that's the whole thing I'm talking about. But I doubt this is going to change, at least not anytime soon. Just wanted to get my opinion out there.

Virtual Chatot, there's a reason people don't join political forums.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Yeah, well that's the whole thing I'm talking about. But I doubt this is going to change, at least not anytime soon. Just wanted to get my opinion out there.
Virtual Chatot, there's a reason people don't join political forums.

yes but this thread is a sugestion to get atleast another mod for the other chat section, isn't it?

in my opinion i think there should be another mod to help Chibi in that section, it is pretty busy in that bit.

Years
...Has Chibi ever actually expressed the desire for another mod to help with OC? Because people just seem to be assuming she's completely snowed under and that her life would improve by a million percent if another mod was appointed. When people say "I think there should be another mod", that, in my opinion, could be taken as an indictment of how Chibi 'performs' when she moderates, which is plain rude. :|

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
Let's review the points:

• Upper staff (or the mod in that forum) can decide when a new mod is required in a forum.
  • Members don't, and never will have much influence on who gets staff positions.
  • There are over ten active upper staff that can help if it's absolutely necessary.
  • This thread is spinning off-topic.
  • Pie is delicious.
Therefore, I'm going to close this since everything has been covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back