• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Rockxero

Music Remixist
Years
Hello, I'm having a problem with A-Trainer.
I gave Sidney (In Emerald) a Houndoom, and gave it 4 moves. However, when I repointed and saved it, went to another of his pokemon, and back to the houndoom, only two of the moves saved. Any ideas why? I don't have any other programs opening the ROM, and I've successfully edited the moves his other pokemon have. I'm at a loss >_<

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2012
Make New Pokemon Attacks?

Hey I've searched through all of these tools, but I cannot find one that can create new moves/attacks. For example, adding an attack called FIREBALL without overwriting an existing attack on the ROM. If anyone knows how to do this with any of these tools, or knows another tool that can do this, I'd appreciate the help... =p

TheDarkShark

Metal Headed Hacker
Years
@Lennypoco: Move Editor won't work AFAIK, because it only edits moves, adding moves would require repointing the Header and some code hacks -> Hex-Editor, Dis-/Assembler etc.

@HackMew: First things firs. These tools are the best ones i've ever seen. But it won't let me see any of the source codes. Could you please fix the links? It always says "Could not open count_file.php file for writing." or similar. Keep up the good work^^

toastier

da bomb. :)
Years
thanks for putting all these tools up! they're really great! cept i opened Advance Trainer, and it won't work with my ROM. :/ i'm trying to use Pokemon FireRed. is this game not supported for Advance Trainer? and if it's not, do you know of any other Trainer Editors i could use?

EDIT:
i got it to work! :D but i have a different question. how do i edit a trainer's image? like if i took Elite Four Agatha's image and edited it so she had red hair or something, how do i insert that as her image?

Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
Sorry if this is being a nuisance or if this questions been asked before (I'm not surfing through 56 pages to see if it has. I already did a search though).
I downloaded the A-Ptch and it doesn't seem to work. It just says "The file you are trying to patch is not valid".
When I also tried to download the source file (Not sure if it's required. Might be causing my problem) it won't let me, instead bringing me to an error screen ("Could not open count_file.php file for writing.").
Help please?

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I am having a problem with A-patch.
I have been trying to patch games but it isn't recognizing my ROMs, I have tried with several ROMs already

Years
I don't know if this is a bug in the FSF but I can't search for a offset when my ROM is opened in a-map, is there a way to fix this because it's really annoying.
Thanks in advance for the help (anyone :p).

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I don't know if this is a bug in the FSF but I can't search for a offset when my ROM is opened in a-map, is there a way to fix this because it's really annoying.
Thanks in advance for the help (anyone :p).
People have asked this before. A-map (from what I understand) locks the rom so that other programs can't write to it while a-map is up. This is to prevent possible corruption from another program reading data that has already changed. This sort of corruption only rarely happens, and when it does, it generally is serious, but lu-ho took the "better safe than sorry" approach.
EDIT: Dang! Shiny quagsire beat me to the punch by a minute, but I'll leave this up here just to elaborate on his post.

Back