• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yeah, Reshiram and Zekrom will be hacks if they are shiny.
Some have stated that Dream World may be where shiny legends can be gotten.
Truth of which has yet to be seen...

Skyarrow Bridge, for egg hatching

Bagon, White Forest

I got a Dragonair from Super Rod fishing on the way to Undella. Route 13?
Cool thanks!
Now I only need to know where to find Larvitar...Do you know where I can get one?

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
Cool thanks!
Now I only need to know where to find Larvitar...Do you know where I can get one?

I know wild Pupitar can be found towards the Transfer Lab, or the southern Routes end game, with LARVITAR needing breeding to get.

(Black & White) Larvitar = needs breeding
(Black & White) Pupitar = Route 15, similar rarity to getting Throh-Sawk from near Pinwheel Forest (ten percent, standard walking grass)
(Black & White) Tyranitar = Route 15, shaky grass, 5% rarity which is similar to finding an Emolga instead of an Audino

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017

Cool thanks!

Just correcting something from the post you quoted: Zekrom and Reshiram can be shiny, so they aren't always hacks. If they were caught in Dragonspiral Tower then they should be legit.

|Torch|

Fire Trainer!
Years
Is the a good way to IV train 31 on speed or such..?

idk just curious and does IV really count in the end?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
IV matters if you are into competitive battling I suppose, although soem would say Nature/EVs have more of an impact. You can't 'train' IVs mind - whatever they are (which is decided when you first 'encounter' the Pokemon or with hatched pokes, when you first get the egg) the IVs will stay the same.

beca

◔_____◔
Years
Hey guys x)

Is there a way to get the following in Black/White?

Reaper Cloth
Dragon Scale
Dubious Disc
Up-Grade

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hey guys x)

Reaper Cloth
Dragon Scale
Dubious Disc
Up-Grade

Can't recall the others, but the Dubious Disc is in the p2 lab. Just go south of Accumula to that water on the side. Surf there until you reach the next land and then keep going down and walk past the gate. If you follow the currents towards the north, you should find the p2 lab, which contains the Dubious Disc inside.

I assume the others can be found somewhere, given the fact that you can't import items from past games anyway. And I'm sure I've seen them, but I'll leave those up to someone else. :D

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Hey guys x)

Reaper Cloth
Dragon Scale
Dubious Disc
Up-Grade

I know for the dragon scale you'll have to go to route 18 and you'll need Strength to get across.

I'm not sure about the rest.

beca

◔_____◔
Years
Wonderful, the dragon scale is one of my priorities right now ;P

Any idea if there are other evolution induced items in the game, such as the Magmarizer or whatever it's called?

Drekin

We all live in a...
Years
Reaper Cloth
Dragon Scale
Dubious Disc
Up-Grade
Reaper Cloth - Rt. 14 (it has been awhile since I got it but I think you need waterfall to get it)

Dragon Scale - Rt. 18

Dubious Disc - P2 Laboratory

Up-grade - Rt. 15

All 4 of those can also be obtained from a man in a suit on Rt. 13. He gives you a random item everyday.

Years
How do all the stat increase items work? Like, the items like Protein and Calcium or Muscle Wing and the other wings? I know they increase the attack and defense and other stats but is there a certain amount you can use? Like if you use a bunch of protein, as much as you can, can you use all the other items for all the other stats?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
How do all the stat increase items work? Like, the items like Protein and Calcium or Muscle Wing and the other wings? I know they increase the attack and defense and other stats but is there a certain amount you can use? Like if you use a bunch of protein, as much as you can, can you use all the other items for all the other stats?

To expand on stevenson's post...

Each Vitamin adds 10 EVs to each stat, up to 100. From there (or below if you want), each wing adds 1 EV to the given stat, as high as the EV can go. They're all subject to regular EV limits (255 or 252 per stat, 510 overall).

Cryptys

Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Nov 24, 2017
When I am at the menu and select "Nintendo WFC Settings" I get this message:

I have gone to my settings, and I do have internet connection. I have 'WPA2-PSK' Encrypted connection (So it had to be done through Advanced Setup) and when I do a connection test, it is successful.

If it helps, I have the Collector's Edition Pokemon White Nintendo DSi..

THOUGH, I am able to access Mystery Gift & obtain the Liberty Pass through the Nintendo WFC option.

In game it won't let me get a Friend Code in Pal Pad! Ugh!

HELP!

Do you have a regular DS or DS Lite? If so, they will not work with any encryption besides WEP. I believe WPA support came out with the DSi.

I think I know the answer to this already, but can you not release a pokemon if you catch it straight to your party? Do you have to go back to your PC to release it?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
where do you get those wings anyway?

If you run along Driftveil Drawbridge and Marvelous Bridge (It's marvelous! And also a bridge!), the shadows are either Ducklett/Swanna or a random wing.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I think I know the answer to this already, but can you not release a pokemon if you catch it straight to your party? Do you have to go back to your PC to release it?
Yeah, there's no 'release' option from the party; you have to find a PC to release them, which kinda sucks if you're catching large numbers of Pokemon for a decent nature or something.

Cryptys

Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Nov 24, 2017
Yeah, there's no 'release' option from the party; you have to find a PC to release them, which kinda sucks if you're catching large numbers of Pokemon for a decent nature or something.

Exactly what I'm doing. =(((

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
Hey,
Where do you get Zoroark once you have the shiny dogs on your pokemon black or white game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back