• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hoo-ray for noobness! :D

haha, i'm not the competitive type so :/
I'll do the events as soon as i get my DS back and start playing B/W again. This club will be the only reason i play it besides Nuzlocke or whatever.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
151 guys! 151!!! :P

I only really double battle pokemon that i reckon suit each other that seem like they would be friends. I'm a very friendship person :P

i am still talking about the combination of two "151"'s. Against other's. LOL.

Too bad, I cannot participate in any wi-fi events. :( I will have access to my DS only when it's summer break.

miltankRancher

Years
that's mean. :( i am a charizard fan, in fact, charizard is my favorite gen 1 starter. :(

but, sucks about the x4 rock weakness.

Years
I really don't care for EV's and that. Pokemon is supposed to be fun not serious. It's a video game not a sport. That's why i don't really care for competitive battling much.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
I know the Clefable/Gengar discussion is over, but I wanted to share this picture:

tumblr_lb2y4175Sf1qa8kbzo1_500.png

I love it :3 and no, I didn't draw it. Just wanted to share~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I know the Clefable/Gengar discussion is over, but I wanted to share this picture:

Spoiler:

I love it :3 and no, I didn't draw it. Just wanted to share~

Whilst we're back on this subject, I did some research... Things like this:

Spoiler:

and your picture, are very interesting! I can't help but wonder if this is true or not... One thing that stumps me though is their positions in evolutionary lines... But who knows!

Years
If you expand the body of Clefairy it's a slight possiblity it can be Haunter. It's hands have grown from overuse of metronome. Gastly could be cleffa. You just really have to use your imagination.

miltankRancher

Years
If you expand the body of Clefairy it's a slight possiblity it can be Haunter. It's hands have grown from overuse of metronome. Gastly could be cleffa. You just really have to use your imagination.

Like how I did in my previous posts. LOL.

Jayster, Aerodactyl could floor Charizard Ev'd or Non Ev'd. LOL. I am a Charizard fan yes, but Aerodactyl is like a perfect counter for him. What you gonna do with it, Metal Claw it to death? I guess not.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Jayster, miltankRancher is right, I'm afraid. Charizard, no matter how well it's EV'd, does not have the right moves to quickly take out Aerodactyl. All Aerodactyl needs is Rock Slide or Stone Edge, and Charizard is gone. I think the best Charizard would be able to do is use Dragon Pulse.

miltankRancher

Years
yeah, Dragon pulse will do most damage, looking at the movepool of Charizard, but it is still not to do damage. it will deal damage as low as 163 and as high as 191 (given Charizard has a fully EV'd SpA, a helpful nature, and 31 SpA IV, and Aerodactyl with O SpDef EV, O SpDef IV, and a hindering nature. Aerodactyl's minimum health at level 100 is approximately 270, so at most, you will only be doing half damage.

Years
Yeah i suppose that Aerodactyl is the perfect counter for it. But in the gameplay you don't see one in a trainer battle, which kinda sucks.

Years
I forgot that Lance had one :O
It doesn't have one rock move on it though so it doesn't pose that much of a threat in Red/Blue

DragoniteMySavior

Use Hurricane!!!
Years
Yeah. Aerodactyls are really strong. I battled one in black w/Dragonite and I got pwned after 2 rock slides................:(.......................................................

BTW, voting ends today right?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
hi there classiccartoons! Your name definitely fits the club!

and nice to see you liking Gengar. what made you like him?
I love his design and his viability as a Special Attacker. He's got a big movepool and great Special Attack and Speed stats. It's a shame that his pre-evolution, Haunter, only evolves by trading.

miltankRancher

Years
I love his design and his viability as a Special Attacker. He's got a big movepool and great Special Attack and Speed stats. It's a shame that his pre-evolution, Haunter, only evolves by trading.

I have to agree here. His frailty and such makes up for a monstrous SpA. A glass cannon through and through.

i never worry much about how I evolve them, but yes. Too bad it evolves that way.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Phew! Everything will be updated in just a copy/paste. Lots of posts there! The discussion of Clefable and Gengar really lit up this club!

Classiccartoonsftw, you still have not fixed your join post. I can't add you until you do.

DragoniteMySavior, voting ends tomorrow at 11:59PM EST. As of yet, I have 9 votes.

This discussion of Clefable and Gengar has inspired a new topic for me: Are there any Gen I Pokemon that you think might have an unmentioned relationship?

With me, I cannot stress enough how long I have thought there might be a relationship between Cubone/Marowak and Kangaskhan. When you look at Cubone, it looks just like a normally-colored baby Kangaskhan with a skull on its head, does it not?

104.gif
115.gif

What I think it might be is this:
kangajoey.gif
Gets skull stuck on head.
104.gif
Skull stunts its growth. So it becomes...
105.gif
Instead of...

115.gif

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back