• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Get-Together 6 Singing Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Sotomura has allowed me to kick this off early. Amachi or Chibi, can you sticky this?

...Or at least move it to the main forum now? XD

Edit: First round deadline has been extended until the 23rd
Edit 2: Completely changed the Final Knockout

GetTogetherLogo.png

~Singing Contest~

pcsingingcontestbanner.jpg

Drew=Break. :P

Welcome to PC's Get-together Singing Contest! Hosted by me, Libra, and Drew as the wonderful staff :D If you just want to reach the stars with your voice, tell the world your love of singing by singing, or are just bored, come one in and jump in! There are plenty of spaces and you might just be the winner! Get that damn microphone, connect it to your PC, and murder it with your beautiful voice!​

Rules

1. Cheating/Stealing (Claiming a voice is yours when it is not, getting someone else to sing for you,) is forbidden
  2. Editing voice and song is 100% allowed as long as it is yours and it's not too distorted in pitch, filters, and sounds. Repeating in the case of Rap is allowed
  3. You must be a member of PC to participate.
  4. You must legally own (have bought) the MP3 of the song you will sing along to
  5. If you are going to sing with multiple people, please state so in your sign-up and with who.
  6. You will be disqualified if you do not e-mail me your piece( [email protected] ) or to another judge by August 23st 11:59 PM Eastern (-5)

Sign-up Form

Username, Song, Allow Public Link of Entry?, Other(optional)

You may start working on your song immediately after posting sign-up. Public link is for if you want to showcase your entry publicly. Then I will upload your entry into a storage and keep it up during the contest and display a direct link in this post. By defualt, this is a no.

Recommended Procedure

This procedure is not required, but recommended for when you record your voice.
Spoiler:

If you do not have access or cannot handle a sound editor. You can E-mail me the plain raw voice. Just record the voice, save as/convert to MP3 and E-mail it

When you have your final mp3 send it to me([email protected]) or to Libra or Break. (Preferably all 3 of us)

Judging

The judging parts will consist of these categories:

• Control: How well do you have power over your voice?
  • Pitch: Does your voice match the musical notes and agree with the basis of music theory?
  • Timing: Do you time well with the music?
  • Volume: Is your loudness agreeing with the music?
  • Technical: Did you harmonize with your sound editor to improve your voice or kill it?
Each of those categories will be rated by the TO system. What is the TO System? Well something more preferred than 1-10. Sue me.

• Outstanding
  • Excellent
  • Great
  • Good
  • OK
  • Low
  • Fail
  • Troll
Please keep that system noted somewhere.

Participants

People in green have sent their entry to me.

1. Golden Apple, (Spaceman)
  2. Tamaki, (Boats and Birds, apparently *shot*)
  3. Cherii, (Star Spangled Banner), Public
  4. Mika, (Not So Great)
  5. Superfairy, (Roshin Yuukai (aka Meltdown)), Public
  6. Mew Ichigo, (Hikaru Michi - Sonic X), Public
  7. Sachie, (You Got It All (Over Him)), Public
  8. animeFTW,(Hare Hare Yukai.(tv size[English]) || Yuki,muon,mabado nite(japanese only sorry)), Public
  9. ChaosOfNature, (Right up my alley)
  10. iDawg, (Can You Feel The Love Tonight), Public
  11. Hinashiro, (Fields of Hope)
  12. Banjora Marxvile(Tomorrow)
  13. Minchan,(World's End)
  14. glaceonatcef,(Love is War), Public
  15. RaveMaster,(Coward of the County), Public
  16. paramnsiia,(Concrete Angel), Public
  17. Yamikarasu, (I will follow you into the dark)
  18. IcyArceusRider,(My Sweet Little Heart), Public
  19. poopnoodle, (It's an Uphill Climb to the Bottom), Public
Tell me if I forgot someone.

Final Knockout

Out of all the participants, The Final 5 will be chosen and awarded a "Vocal Finalist" Emblem.

The Final 5 will then participate against each other by singing another song of their choice. However this time we WILL be a lot pickier and stricter. So be prepared

After brute judging, debate, and blood, the judges will declare the winner and the winner will be awarded the "Singer Hero" Emblem. (K, not really blood :P)

Seriously Jake. That CSS Was rape to work with @~@.

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Simon: Lovely, looking forward to seeing what the cat dragged in.

PaulaKara: I'm a super-professional songwriter! I can judge people easily!

Simon: You're the only girl on this show and you're Canadian, I think I'm going to perve on you.

Kara: YOU CAN'T DO THAT, I'M A PROFFESSIONAL SONGWRITER.

Randy: TOKEN BLACK GUY WHO'S OPINION REALLY DOESN'T MATTER!

singer comes in, belts heart out

Simon: That was why cancer exists, it's made to kill your voicebox.

Kara: Now honey, you're not going through unless you strip and make good television.

Randy: Token black guy thinks you're good! Hollywood Hollywood Hollywood -sedates-

Simon: I say no.

Kara: STRIP!

Randy: Yes!

Paula: You just don't have what it takes, I like you, I really do, but I'm too drunk to make a decision!

Security: Who the hell let Paula in here?!

Kara: No, go away. I must go write a song about being on American Idol.

singer walks off

Singer: I don't need your opinion, Simon! I'm going to be big, big! Y'all can't recognise talent when you see it! =throws coke can at camera-

Celebrity guest judge: What the f

...pretty much what I think this is going to be like.

Edit: Don't expect me to be nice either. Then again, thats always accounted for.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
Years
I would but my mic sucks, and i sont sing very well. Libra pretty much summed the whole thing up for you anyway, lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I'm thinking about entering this, but I'm not entirely sure...

Anyways, I was also supposed to be a judge, with permission from GavZ before he left... And Hiroshi has not added me on the list for this, but oh well~

Years
I would enter, but i dont have a microphone....I would sing something im really good at, Dreams of an Adsolution blazes version. My fav song evar!

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Umm... Sign up format? What song? Anything else? Read post please -_-

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Ok. But if it is ever discovered it is not you, you WILL be disqualified.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
Years
Is there anyway that people who arent judges and arent participating can listen/watch people's songs/singing?

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Hmm... Well maybe I can upload entries to my personal storage for the time being of the contest and provide direct links. But that will only be with permission from the entrant.

Mika

もえじゃないも
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 11, 2013
Mika is doing "Not that Girl" from Wicked. v3v

devilicious

dream
Years
Superfairy will be singing Roshin Yuukai (aka Meltdown). It's in Japanese, if that wasn't apparent enough or is a deciding factor. Oh, right, public linking is allowed. :3

Last edited:

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
Years
I would like to join. I will be singing "You Got It All (Over Him)" by The Jets

& Public.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back