• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Spoilers] Who should Marry Ash Ketchum?

Who should Marry Ash Ketchum?

• Misty (Japanese: カスミ Kasumi)

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • May (Japanese: ハルカ Haruka)

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Dawn (Japanese: ヒカリ Hikari)

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Iris (Japanese: アイリス Iris)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Serena (Japanese: セレナ Serena)

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • Lana (Japanese: スイレン Suiren)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Lillie (Japanese: リーリエ Lilie)

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mallow (Japanese: マオ Mao)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Verity (Japanese: マコト Makoto)

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • No One

Votes: 4 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
Except for Amourshipping, that's officially canon since Serena Kissed Ash on the Lips.

NOPE!

Amourshipping was always a one-sided deal, right to the very end. Serena may have had a crush on Ash, but he never once showed the same interest in her. She may have kissed him, but he never kissed her back. It's not any more "canon" than these kisses were:

24_by_pokemondeviantgifs-d6tqxke.gif
tumblr_mi0ttk_IIYD1rmmu90o1_500.gif

As long as Ash remains the same eternal prepubescent, he'll forever remain oblivious to love. Amourshipping was never anything more than a ratings gimmick (and a failed one at that, given how low XY's ratings were).

Years
NOPE!

Amourshipping was always a one-sided deal, right to the very end. Serena may have had a crush on Ash, but he never once showed the same interest in her. She may have kissed him, but he never kissed her back. It's not any more "canon" than these kisses were:

24_by_pokemondeviantgifs-d6tqxke.gif
tumblr_mi0ttk_IIYD1rmmu90o1_500.gif

As long as Ash remains the same eternal prepubescent, he'll forever remain oblivious to love. Amourshipping was never anything more than a ratings gimmick (and a failed one at that, given how low XY's ratings were).

Counterpoint: Those are both from movies and the movies, iirc, are not considered canon to the TV series, which would make Serena's kiss more canon than either of those. I could be completely wrong on them not being considered canon to the TV series, though.

Though you are right about Ash remaining forever oblivious to love as he'll never age past 10 at this rate.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
Counterpoint: Those are both from movies and the movies, iirc, are not considered canon to the TV series, which would make Serena's kiss more canon than either of those. I could be completely wrong on them not being considered canon to the TV series, though.

Nope, the movies are considered canon, at least up through M19. It's not common, but the show did reference the movies a few times over the course of its run.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
When it comes to this question, a blunt answer is no one because he's eternally 10. However, if Ash were to age, it would come down to two as I see it. First one is Misty where thanks to 4Kids, we are shown that Misty has a thing for Ash over the course of five seasons. Be it the 2nd Movie or the Episode in Johto involving Brock getting a taste of his own medicine from a love-stricken Girl. To say that Ash had a thing for Misty though is a bit of a stretch due to his oblivious nature but the constant insults of Misty and his reaction at the end of Season 5 do point to something deeper.

The other suitor for Ash is of course Serena. One can argue that this is way more one-sided as opposed to Misty's(and I'm an Amourshipper and even I'll admit to that). However, Serena holds the title as the only female protagonist to unequivocally have a crush on Ash. The Season finale also gives Serena a healthy edge because Misty never had the courage to kiss Ash goodbye(even if the kiss was censored).

If I had to pick between the two, I'd have to go with Serena, if only because Tracey mucks the waters for Misty(always visiting her Gym and constantly getting asked if Tracey is her boyfriend). I may be biased in my pick but then again, aren't we all biased?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Even if Ash get marry to Serena i doubt he will want any kids. He might not even get marry because he want to become a Pokemon master.

clefairydesuyo

fairy type pokétrainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen May 13, 2018
My housemate and I strongly feel he is totally asexual/aromantic (ignoring the fact that he is 10). We joke about how oblivious he is to anyone's crushes/signals, and we believe that he sole interest is Pokémon and becoming a Pokémon master. We love representation of non-hetero/cis peeps and so we developed this head canon!

Mayy

The Princess of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 22, 2021
I guess if I had to choose it would be Misty. They seemed the closest romantically to me

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
i really can't imagine him ever getting married but as much as i'd like to say misty, serena would probably make the best wife. then again he'd probably just platonically marry pikachu and be done with it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2018
ughhh... this one is hard to answer.

My favourites are Dawn and Serena because I feel like they have the best synergy with Ash's personality, with May being a close 3rd. Not to say Iris, Misty and the three girls from Alola don't work well with Ash, though.

However, I don't see the producers actually giving us such a timeskip where Ash will grow up and have kids. Though I'd like to see Ash's kid in action, with only his father being revealed (just like Ash's father is unknown, and in this case it's Ash's kid's mother who is unknown) - that will keep the shipping wars going xD

And also, shoutout to the Ash x Serena fanbase for being one of the worst shipping fandoms on the planet.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
ughhh... this one is hard to answer.

My favourites are Dawn and Serena because I feel like they have the best synergy with Ash's personality, with May being a close 3rd. Not to say Iris, Misty and the three girls from Alola don't work well with Ash, though.

However, I don't see the producers actually giving us such a timeskip where Ash will grow up and have kids. Though I'd like to see Ash's kid in action, with only his father being revealed (just like Ash's father is unknown, and in this case it's Ash's kid's mother who is unknown) - that will keep the shipping wars going xD

And also, shoutout to the Ash x Serena fanbase for being one of the worst shipping fandoms on the planet.

While I agree that the shipping wars can be toxic, a rule I try to live by is to not generalize a group of people because of collateral damage. I'm an Amourshipper and yet I respect those who ship Ash with whomever(heck even with Bayleef, although that's not the most disturbing one around frankly). Now having said that, I agree with ya that they'll never answer this question, much less reveal who Ash's father happens to be. Heck who are Gary's parents, Dawn's Father, Iris' parents, Serena's Father and the list goes on and on.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Not trolling: I think Gary Oak. I always suspected Ash was gay because he's traveled with many different attractive young ladies, and doesn't seem to show romantic interest in any of them. Showing the characters having attraction isn't too taboo of a topic, since Brock clearly is attracted to various women he meets.

Amongst the options in the poll: I voted Serena. My nostalgia blinders almost made me vote for Misty, but Serena is the one whom which an attraction or affection is implied the most imo.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
If I had seen this thread at age 13, i'm not going to lie on here; I probably woulda said "Ash should marry ME." (i used to be a fangirl over him as a teenager)

...He's AWFUL lucky I OTP myself with Korrina now. Having a fangirl like me is scary cuz i can get pretty hyper and obsessive :P Poor Korrina.....only her helmet and skates can save her from my lipstick lesbian wonderful madness over her. lawl~

Last edited:
Years
They will all ask Ash to marry them in turn and he will stare blankly at them and then blink a few times before saying something along the lines of ?I?m gonna be a Pok?mon master? and then return to staring blankly

Ok in all seriousness if I had to choose then May but I?ve always seen Ash as asexual. He still cares about everyone on that list a great deal but wouldn?t want to get funky with any of them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 26, 2018
the only reason i voted serena was because *SPOILERS* she kissed ash at the end of xy

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
Kiawe... Ash can be the champion for Alola and Kiawe can have Ash's fire pokemon by marriage. They can adopt a son and name him Samuel.

LazyIguana

Rock Dweller
Years
Honestly, even if the Anime ends, it will be with some vague ending, just so they can start off once again, completely new.

Still if i had to choose a name, i would admit that Misty was the one with the most character development since Ash was actually maturing in the early seasons.

Back