• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
pokioh243 said:
i've got a question,
how to put sprites in a game?
i mean fusions etc.
thanx already

Why don't you look at this tutorial in the Documents/Tutorials section of this forum----> HERE

dringer

trainer of legend
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2008
viewing ips

can some one tell me where i can find a program that is able to view ips files so i can check out some of your hacks before i begin to hack one my self.

pokioh243

MHUhaha im just..hungry
Years
you can download lunar ips (is inside elite map) to put ips on the rom

Now my question:

with unLZ GBA you:
1. replace pokemon to put in new one
2. need "indexed .png's"

Is there a programme with which u can put in a new pokemon without replacing another?
And with which programme u can make "indexed .png's"?
Thanx in advance!

Last edited:

dringer

trainer of legend
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2008
sadly im a newb and cant figure out how to apply the ips file it says that the ips is not an ips file

btw im using lunar ips

Last edited:

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
that means... its not a ips file lol... try and actually get a ips file or u may hav clicked the wrong thing... jus duble click the ips file and select the file u want to patch it 2

biwigirl

pokemon master
Years
okay. all I can now is to switch the weather and some other small stuff in FR. but how do I get all the pokemons I want. I am just a little bit confused.. if you know a site for danish people about it, it would be great-lol. naaahh.. I just need a explain for newbies. well.. if I want all pokemons in the FR how do I do? what tools do I need? thanx^___^

Osceola

Silent Warrior
Years
idea

okay, i have had an idea. You know how in AdvanceMap when you go to weather you can select a bit dark as a weather? Then is there a way to set the weather. Lets say half the time - 6 AM to 6 PM, will be normal and from 6-12 AM will be "bit dark". You have to set something that uses the clock function in VBA, something like a flag that checks it...i have no idea how that would work? Any ideas? (At least you wouldn't have to have a whole new tileset for all the tilesets in night form, "bit dark" makes it appear dark.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
jaguar said:
hi i am new to hacking and i wanted to know how you can change the graphic of an older game to make it look new...like pokemon yellow game but with good graphics as pokemon emerald.. if there is a tool or something please give me the link...if it is a thread please tell me the page number of where i can read how to do it or download a tool.

Thank You
You do that by tile editing.
You dump a tileset from, let's say Pok?mon Ruby with unLZ-GBA, open it up in TLP or Tile-Molester, and copy the tiles you want from there into your R/B/Y/G/S/C game. (Resize/Redraw if needed.)

w_rink_ly said:
Ok, never mind about the new type thing then...:( But is there any way that I can change the order in which pokemon appear in the pokedex, using a hex editor maybe? Oh, and is there any way that I can change the weaknesses and advantages a type has over another (like water strong against fire etc.)?
Sure. Just search for the Pok?mon's hex bytes (like 0100 for Bulbasaur) in the order they appear in the Pok?dex. Then just edit them to the order you want.

Not yet. Again, you would be able to do this by ASM hacking, but only if you know what to look for...

pokioh243 said:
Now my question:

with unLZ GBA you:
1. replace pokemon to put in new one
2. need "indexed .png's"

Is there a programme with which u can put in a new pokemon without replacing another?
And with which programme u can make "indexed .png's"?
Thanx in advance!
No, there isn't. You would have to do it by Hex-Editor. See this tutorial.

You can make indexed images withalmost every imaging program.

POKEMIKEY1292 said:
what are the offsrts to leaf green trainer sprites?
Pictures: 239560
Palletes: 2399F8

You could've easily found out with unLZ-GBA.

biwigirl said:
okay. all I can now is to switch the weather and some other small stuff in FR. but how do I get all the pokemons I want. I am just a little bit confused.. if you know a site for danish people about it, it would be great-lol. naaahh.. I just need a explain for newbies. well.. if I want all pokemons in the FR how do I do? what tools do I need? thanx^___^
Would be helpful to know the program you are using.
If it's EliteMap, there should be another program that came with it named "bewildered", which can be used to change the Wild Pok?mon.
However I think FR/LG offsets are not officially included yet.

The other one is AdvanceMap. Load your ROM, select a Map and click on the "Wild Pok?mon/WildePok?mon" tab in the main window.
Now you'll see a list of all Pok?mon on that map.
Just change it as you want them to appear.

Legendary_Reploid_Zero said:
okay, i have had an idea. You know how in AdvanceMap when you go to weather you can select a bit dark as a weather? Then is there a way to set the weather. Lets say half the time - 6 AM to 6 PM, will be normal and from 6-12 AM will be "bit dark". You have to set something that uses the clock function in VBA, something like a flag that checks it...i have no idea how that would work? Any ideas? (At least you wouldn't have to have a whole new tileset for all the tilesets in night form, "bit dark" makes it appear dark.
It would be possible.
However, you would have to:
1.: Add a level script to every overworld Map in the game.
2.: In that Script you need to know what exact value stores the time information.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2006
Problems whit running agixp

Every time when i try too run it it automaticly minimizes and don't want too go to the normal screen mode.
wheni i try too run the gold file in a another way it gives my an error mesage in
german "die date''''D;\agxip300\gold.gbc''''konnte nicht gefunden werden."
Pleas ehelp!

Enter-Shikary

I'm Back
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 7, 2007
helllllllllp!!! whit pokemon emerald hacking

when i load the pokemon emerald in elitmap say RUN-time error?9?:
Subscript out of range

pleass helllp

Years
For some reason, Fire Red won't work with Elite Map

So I need to know a program that'll allow me to change a Pokemon's thigies. Y'know, like Rayquaza has Air Lock and that. 'Cause in the hack I'm making I wanna change Charizard to a dragon and fire type with Levitate as his thing.

Dark Spectrum

Creator of Shadows
Years
R/S question

Hey everyone. I was qondering if someone could tell me how to move the truck when you come out. Because I'mworking on a G/S remake and I need to know how to move it. Since the house is on the other side.

Thanks!

misticman

Punk with brains
Years
question about elitemap

when i try to hack a game and edit the map with elite map and i try to open it again it can't load anymore and when i try to play it on the visualboy the screen becomes white.
it's really annoying (happened twice)

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
yo all... I rly rly rly need to know how to make it so... when you dont have pokemon in your party, some of them are in like a pokemon ranch... :S i rly need it for my game. can someone write a script or hex for me or tell me how to do it plz?

JTrappe

Pokemon Legend
Years
hey i downloaded what i thought was a hack of a pokemon game probably is but it won't play on my VBA, it says Lunar IPS file.

Anyone know what to do?????

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
alucard200 said:
Every time when i try too run it it automaticly minimizes and don't want too go to the normal screen mode.
wheni i try too run the gold file in a another way it gives my an error mesage in
german "die date''''D;\agxip300\gold.gbc''''konnte nicht gefunden werden."
Pleas ehelp!
The message means that AGIXP didn't find your rom file.
Check paths and filename of your file.

killspear said:
when i load the pokemon emerald in elitmap say RUN-time error?9?:
Subscript out of range

pleass helllp
Make sure you have the right offsets in your "Pokeroms.ini" file.
The ones for Pok?mon Emerald (E) have been posted in the Documents forum.

Andrei Almeyda said:
So I need to know a program that'll allow me to change a Pokemon's thigies. Y'know, like Rayquaza has Air Lock and that. 'Cause in the hack I'm making I wanna change Charizard to a dragon and fire type with Levitate as his thing.
You can do that with BaseEDIT. It is included in the EliteMap bundle.
Start it, load your ROM and change the attributes of a Pok?mon to what you want it to have.

Darthon said:
Hey everyone. I was qondering if someone could tell me how to move the truck when you come out. Because I'mworking on a G/S remake and I need to know how to move it. Since the house is on the other side.

Thanks!
In your R/S/E ROM, search for the folloring Hex string:
Boy: 0009FF03000A00
Girl: 0009FF0C000A00
[0009] is the Map and Bank number, [0300] & [0A00] are the X and Y coordinates on the map.

misticman said:
when i try to hack a game and edit the map with elite map and i try to open it again it can't load anymore and when i try to play it on the visualboy the screen becomes white.
it's really annoying (happened twice)
Try it again with a clean ROM. Most likely you have corrupted the ROM. (Like by inserting something at offset 0.)

Shaneypoo17 said:
yo all... I rly rly rly need to know how to make it so... when you dont have pokemon in your party, some of them are in like a pokemon ranch... :S i rly need it for my game. can someone write a script or hex for me or tell me how to do it plz?
You should take a look at the Day-care scripts.
They should contain everything you need.

killspear said:
How I Can Insert Scripts In The Game

Hepl Pleassss
Open ScriptED, enter your script, click on Compile, select your ROM, done. (Make sure your filename is free of spaces.)
This has been asked before.
Search the thread next time, please.

JTrappe said:
hey i downloaded what i thought was a hack of a pokemon game probably is but it won't play on my VBA, it says Lunar IPS file.

Anyone know what to do?????
If you would've taken a look in the stickied FAQ thread, you would've found the answer.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46315
"IPS-Patching FAQ" - Point: "How to apply an IPS-Patch?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back