• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
to add new region maps look at the town maps.txt (the latest version) has an example of it. just look in there.

also that doesn't really help me. your explanation. thanks though

edit: could someone help me on this qestion.

does anyone know how and where to edit it where you can capture other trainers pokemon? and know how to make it so that the trainer your fighting can capture yours to.?

Last edited:

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Hey, I have a problem, I am making maps on the starter kit, and one of the maps I created has the Rain effect active without my making it happen like though an event, how do I get rid of this effect, at least on this map?

if you erased some or all of the starter kit maps, it's probably data left over from those maps. to fix this, go to the metadata.txt in the PBS folder and erase all the map data below the entry [000].

partyghoul2000

Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
hey guys, i was just wondering where you can make 'i support' banners like the ones in my sig cause i wanna advertise for my game.

Thanks in advance!

you could google a userbar generator, im pretty sure that there's a website for one. the better userbars are usually done in photoshop or some other graphics program.

imo, do it in a graphics program. the last time i made a userbar with a generator, it came out kinda dull.

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
you could google a userbar generator, im pretty sure that there's a website for one. the better userbars are usually done in photoshop or some other graphics program.

imo, do it in a graphics program. the last time i made a userbar with a generator, it came out kinda dull.

thanks mate... found one and am creating one as i type. will post in my sig when done!

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
How do I change the following(circled in red's)text color to white?
Spoiler:

Also how to I fix this error?
Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
PokeBattle_Move:860:in `pbFromPBMove'
PokeBattle_Battle:336:in `initialize'
PokemonField:382:in `new'
PokemonField:382:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:701:in `pbOnStepTaken'
Game_Player*:623:in `update_old'
Walk/Run:60:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
Scene_Map:111:in `update'
It happens when i walk in grass..

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
ok... well i tried over and over again to make one and i even tried in jasc paint shop pro but because of certain things it makes it to hard....most of the online ones are good but it dosnt let you have the pokemon hanging of the user bar like the ones in my sig.....

Edit: Nevermind PokemonPlatnum made one for me... thanks for all the help! here it is by the way....

pokebanner.png

Edit... Again:

Woot! i made my own! not bad if i do say so myself!

Woohoomyone.jpg

..... thats a bit of a problem... white background......... how do i fix that?

Last edited:
Years
I have finished making a command line program for generating RPGXP compatible animations from sprites. It is to be run from the command line. See this address:

http://upokecenter.com/projects/animmaker.exe

Can u explain how it works? I've created a xml file in wich I put the names of two images of the same pokemon but in two different positions and I used the command prompt to use animmaker. But it has juste created two empty images animation.png and animation2.png....

partyghoul2000

Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
i have some somewhat advanced questions about the scripts.

as somebody mentioned before, they wanted to add more player metadata than what was available. i've looked through the scripts and seen meta data player used in a few other scripts. if one were to add more meta data players, would it still work with the other scripts? and how would one go about putting more players in? below is the metadata script from PokemonMap lines 415 to 437.
MetadataHome=1
MetadataPlayerA=2
MetadataPlayerB=3
MetadataPlayerC=4
MetadataPlayerD=5
MetadataStorageCreator=6
MetadataWildBattleBGM=7
MetadataTrainerBattleBGM=8
MetadataWildVictoryME=9
MetadataTrainerVictoryME=10
MetadataTextSkin=11

MetadataOutdoor=1
MetadataEscapePoint=2
MetadataShowArea=3
MetadataBicycle=4
MetadataBicycleAlways=5
MetadataHealingSpot=6
MetadataWeather=7
MetadataMapPosition=8
MetadataDiveMap=9
MetadataDarkMap=10
MetadataSafariMap=11
would for example, MetadataPlayerE go under =12? and so forth for other players?

also, how would one input another pocket or two on the bag?
class PokemonBag
attr_reader :registeredItem
attr_accessor :lastpocket
attr_reader :pockets
MAXPERSLOT=99
MAXPOCKETSIZE=[0,256,-1,-1,-1,-1]
def initialize
@lastpocket=1
@pockets=[]
@pockets[0]=[]
@pockets[1]=[]
@pockets[2]=[]
@pockets[3]=[]
@pockets[4]=[]
@pockets[5]=[]
@choices=[0,0,0,0,0,0]
@registeredItem=0
end
would i just add another -1 in maxpocketsize, another 0 to choices and @pockets[6]=[]to this? i believe i already grasp what else needs to be done for this.

i was also wondering where the piece of script is for the exclamation mark that appears above the trainer before battle. i moved the animation down on the list of animations and now it doesn't appear before trainer battles. i need to find this piece of script to change it accordly.

also, would there be a way to force a pokemon within the player's party to evolve? i've played around with scripts and conditional branches with no avail.

i was also wondering how pbDebugBattle is supposed to be called. i tried script and conditional branch and neither worked. getting this to work would help alot with the battle animations.

i was also curious as to when different pokemon forms will be implemented. this would be a big plus in the next release. :D

thanks for your answers in advance.

*EDIT*
i just noticed that the animation editor in the editor/debug menu doesn't save any animations. is anybody else having this problem?

*EDIT2*
ummm...i also need to know where the script for the grass & dust animation are, so i can change them accordly. >_<

Last edited:
Years
i have some somewhat advanced questions about the scripts.

as somebody mentioned before, they wanted to add more player metadata than what was available. i've looked through the scripts and seen meta data player used in a few other scripts. if one were to add more meta data players, would it still work with the other scripts? and how would one go about putting more players in? below is the metadata script from PokemonMap lines 415 to 437.

would for example, MetadataPlayerE go under =12? and so forth for other players?

also, how would one input another pocket or two on the bag?

would i just add another -1 in maxpocketsize, another 0 to choices and @pockets[6]=[]to this? i believe i already grasp what else needs to be done for this.

i was also wondering where the piece of script is for the exclamation mark that appears above the trainer before battle. i moved the animation down on the list of animations and now it doesn't appear before trainer battles. i need to find this piece of script to change it accordly.

also, would there be a way to force a pokemon within the player's party to evolve? i've played around with scripts and conditional branches with no avail.

i was also wondering how pbDebugBattle is supposed to be called. i tried script and conditional branch and neither worked. getting this to work would help alot with the battle animations.

i was also curious as to when different pokemon forms will be implemented. this would be a big plus in the next release. :D

thanks for your answers in advance.

*EDIT*
i just noticed that the animation editor in the editor/debug menu doesn't save any animations. is anybody else having this problem?

For the exclamation animation, look at the line 13 in PokemonField, there is EXCLAMATION_ANIMATION_ID. That's what u are looking for.

For the players, I think it should work if u put MetadataPlayerE=12 and so on.

For the bag, it should e like u said, but pay attention because the last value is used in some of the functions below.
For example :
Spoiler:

U muste replace the pocket>5 by a pocket>6

For the forced evolution, add
Spoiler:

in PokemonField.
To use it, put the script :
Spoiler:

where yourpokemonid is the id of the pokemon wich must evolve.

*EDIT2*
ummm...i also need to know where the script for the grass & dust animation are, so i can change them accordly. >_<

Are u speaking about the animation? Because u can find it in the same place as the exclamation animation...

partyghoul2000

Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
yea, i found the animations a few mins before this post. i feel kinda stupid considering it was at the top of the script. >.<

thanks for answering my questions. you've been a ton of help. :D thank you. thank you.

*EDIT*
i editted the PokemonBag script so it would have another pocket, but it didn't work. i didn't have any errors what so ever. but when i tried to go to that certain area of the bag, it would close without cause back to the map. i don't believe i missed anything unless the bag script has pieces in other scripts. any answers?

Last edited:

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
is there a way to make the weather randomly generated instead of having it preset in the meta txt file.

Also could some one explain in depth on how to make a reagion map. I know how to make one its the fact it doesnt work with the townmap generator.

also is it possible to edit one of the script so you can catch your opponets pokemon and vice versa.

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
How do I change the following(circled in red's)text color to white?
Spoiler:

Also how to I fix this error?
Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
PokeBattle_Move:860:in `pbFromPBMove'
PokeBattle_Battle:336:in `initialize'
PokemonField:382:in `new'
PokemonField:382:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:701:in `pbOnStepTaken'
Game_Player*:623:in `update_old'
Walk/Run:60:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
Scene_Map:111:in `update'
It happens when i walk in grass..
Can someone please help?
It is nessarary for my demo..

Years
is there a way to make the weather randomly generated instead of having it preset in the meta txt file.

Also could some one explain in depth on how to make a reagion map. I know how to make one its the fact it doesnt work with the townmap generator.

also is it possible to edit one of the script so you can catch your opponets pokemon and vice versa.

For the weather, insert the script
Spoiler:

in an event just on the border of your maps and put a contact trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back