• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

From Scratch

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
So I made a gallery a while ago? I don't know how many people remember that, but it was mostly a signature gallery and I don't feel searching and necro-ing my thread, so I'm making another one. No CSS for now.

I should also mention that I've been a GFX artist for about four years and two months and I've been regularly drawing for about eight months.

GFX (2016-)

Spoiler:

ART (or rather the one's I don't hate)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Stuff that I never really finished but it's here anyway
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
wip. Reunilu had a very hard time with the hand, but Reunilu really wanted to put up the sketch(es). This time it's fanart of Akane from 999. Reunilu had to draw her after watching NintendoCapriSun stream the game.

(Also if Reunilu posts anything on Sunday, Reunilu will explain the talking in third person thing.)

With hand
Spoiler:

Without hand because god dammit Reunilu loves drawing hair
Spoiler:

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
˙ʇı ǝʞıן ʇ,upıp ɐpuıʞ ı ʇnq 'ןıɐʇǝp ǝɹoɯ sɐɥ ǝʎǝ ǝɥʇ ǝɹǝɥʍ sıɥʇ ɟo uoısɹǝʌ ɹǝɥʇouɐ s,ǝɹǝɥʇ ˙ǝuɐʞɐ pǝɥsıuıɟ

(No, the upside down text isn't an after April Fools joke.)

Spoiler:

PokéboxHub

A Pokébox for every Pokémon! ;)
Years
Really cool art, looks very professional :) that pikachu at the bar makes me curious, I don't think I'd ever seen Pikachu in a tuxedo xD

Years
Oh, I like the fact you drew the hand on the side of the face so we can read the face easily without a hand distracting the viewer! I also enjoy your use of colors and strokes in the hair. It reads as hair really well, I appreciate you didn't go ham on hair details!

Now, I like your exploration in shading with some fold lines. I think however that the lack of shading through the dress makes it look flat. There's some shading but it does not make it read as fabric or give any weight to the dress. Toward the bottom, the shading helps a little bit, but I think you should study and observe shading and lines of different dresses.
V9lfTwx.png
What you might want to do if you want to get better at drawing clothes is to reference material and see how the folds look - where are most of the folds? Tension points are made depending on what parts of the body are doing and they create a lot of folds. Depending on the fabric, it can be super shiny or matte - it could be light material or it can be skin tight all depending on where you emphasize your lines and shading! I can think of a few fashion illustrators you could study, but this seems more anime. Check out the lines and shading of an anime with lots of dresses.
I drew (kinda) cylinders that are used a lot for the ends of skirts and dresses that are lighter fabric. Maybe that will help out?
I hope it helps and if you want any more references, I can share some illustrators if you'd like! Otherwise, I think you did a great job!​

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
Took some of Ana's advice, sort of. I mostly focused on Asian fashion for references and folds since I still don't really understand folds (I mean I do get folds, but it doesn't feel like I really GET it get it).

Spoiler:

Speaking of clothing, I also had a sketch that I haven't full linearted and I stopped working on it because I thought the clothes didn't look right, especially the apron. I remember trying to redraw it, but I don't remember much after that. (Also don't mind the mustache, I was bored.)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
Drawing someone's OC because I just wasn't satisfied with the pic a friend drew (the OC of the person and the person who drew the pic both happen to be friends of mine). Gods bless studying refs. Warning: minor swearing.

Spoiler:

As you might see, I made a few revisions, but the design remains mostly the same. The text requires a little context. On a previous draft I took a screenshot from, I accidentally made the Glaceon side dangle-things into earrings, but they were for human ears.

Spoiler:

Edit: I almost forgot. I'm allowing requests now, just for fun. I haven't gotten much practice drawing boys or animals, though. Don't expect my outcomes to be too fancy.
no I won't draw a hippo in slutty clothing, anything remotely NSFW is the one thing I won't draw

Last edited:

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
Finished! Lord, I don't know how I finished this in two days.

The portion of clothing below the obi proves that I need to practice coloring more clothes lol

Spoiler:

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
I got a request, since i loved your other art so much i want to see what you can do. Can you do a human version of Sylveon? Besides that I trust you, as long as its a human form of sylveon its fine by me. I trust it will go well. One last thing, the sylveon is a female. Thats it.

Last edited:

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
Years
Your artwork looks inspiring and simply amazing! O_O How long have you been drawing and designing like this? =O I completely suck at line-art and cannot compare when it comes to making something look this pretty. .#.

Seems you really like Anime / Manga. ^^ Can't blame you, they're so beautiful and portray so much passion in how they're drawn. =) (Did I say this right? English is my second language *sweat*)

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
Your artwork looks inspiring and simply amazing! O_O How long have you been drawing and designing like this? =O I completely suck at line-art and cannot compare when it comes to making something look this pretty. .#.

Seems you really like Anime / Manga. ^^ Can't blame you, they're so beautiful and portray so much passion in how they're drawn. =) (Did I say this right? English is my second language *sweat*)

!!! Thanks so much, that means a lot! I've only been drawing regularly for oh... nine months? To be honest, I've been drawing for way longer than that, but only filled up a page of my sketchbook once every six months and even then it was probably filled with either heads or arms.

And yeah, I really like the anime art style! I think it has a lot more personality and uniqueness than a more western art style. Don't worry, your English is fine!

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
Years
Well you're doing a great job and hope you'll keep on going! ^^
I've been trying to draw for 10+ years, yet all I can do so far is MS Paint, hahahaha! XDDD My hands hate me. =P At least I can do Pixel Art, because I can control tiny dots on the screen much better than my hand when trying to make a straight line. *sweat*

Did / do you also have the problem where you imagine something very detailed, yet it comes out like something completely different when trying to put it down on paper / the screen? =O

Also thanks for saying that my English is good. ^#^ *happy*

By the way, your avatar looks so adorable! ^#o#^ Or how they say... kawaii? ^^ *poor attempt of speaking Japanese*

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
Did / do you also have the problem where you imagine something very detailed, yet it comes out like something completely different when trying to put it down on paper / the screen? =O

By the way, your avatar looks so adorable! ^#o#^ Or how they say... kawaii? ^^ *poor attempt of speaking Japanese*

Not really. I feel like that's a problem I'll definitely encounter in the future, though! What I do when I'm designing something myself is that I think of the bare essentials and then I add more things when I'm sketching. I'm not sure if that's a process that other people use, but it's definitely something that's been ingrained into me after four years of doing GFX.

And thanks! Unfortunately, it's not my art and while I would love to get to a point where I feel like I can use my own art as an avatar, I think would be selfish of me to do that.

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
Years
Hmm... that does sound like a good idea on how to design things. =) I should probably look into designing things a little easier for myself... I can tell you have experience. ^^ I'm glad that you are being honest and pointing out that the adorable avatar isn't yours, I respect that quite a bit. =)

Years
This is amazing! I've always wished I could be good at drawing however, no matter how much I try its still poor! But this is amazing, real talent here! Please keep bringing more out! ^^

User19sq

Yo Reunilu, I was wondering if I could put in an avi/sig combo request. I've got some non-impressive concept sketches for reference. I'm loving your artstyle, but the thing about me is that - when it comes to my own IPs - I can be a bit demanding with direction. Interested? (The subject-matter deals with boys, so it might be tough.)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I kinda like what I'm seeing in your gallery here.

If it's not too much trouble for you, would you mind doing a piece of art of Nah for me? The character, for reference: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Nah#Gallery
Always looking for for more Nah images/art lol. All I ask is that it works as a 180x180 avatar. Doesn't need to be done ASAP, just as long as it happens sometime.

Your English is pretty good from what I've seen. I've always found it slightly amusing when foreigners think somewhat poorly of their English skills yet they appear to speak it nearly as well as us native speakers, and then here's us Americans who're hardly able to hold a conversation in a language other than English lol (though there's admittedly a fair few bilingual people in the country).

Last edited:

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
This Sylveon gijinka has made me take on a task that might take me more than three days to complete. I'd show design sketches I made with suggestions from my irl friends, but I'm in school at the moment and the best I can do is share conversations I've had regarding the Sylveon gijinka. These names are not their real names.

Catu: So I was talking to my brother about some suggestions for the Sylveon gijinka and my mother was wondering what we were talking about. I showed her Sylveon and I said "turn this into a girl". She was completely baffled by the idea, then I showed her [Reunilu's] drawing and she said "your FRIEND drew that?!"

Me: Hey, what do you think a Sylveon girl would look like? (at this point in time, I'd been preoccupied with a serology test that I needed to demonstrate and didn't really get to think about the design)
Alba: A what?
Me: A Sylveon girl. You know, like a cat girl.
Alba: Sylveon would have like that Hatsune Miku hairstyle.
Me: What about the clothing?
Daca: She'd wear one of those dresses that don't fit your frame 'cause Sylveon's a bitch.

Yo Reunilu, I was wondering if I could put in an avi/sig combo request. I've got some non-impressive concept sketches for reference. I'm loving your artstyle, but the thing about me is that - when it comes to my own IPs - I can be a bit demanding with direction. Interested? (The subject-matter deals with boys, so it might be tough.)

Avi sig combo request? Drawing art? Wat. Sorry, I don't completely understand. But if it's a drawing request, I'd be willing to take it on while I'm still in my first year of drawing.

Last edited:
Back