• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Cries Quiz

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
jeez blind is a lot harder than I thought it would be...

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Sometimes I'm confused with Gen3 cries for Vigroth with another pokemon or I have forgotten the 3rd gen already haha the blind mode isn't easy as it looks.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
i tried blind + insane first and obviously failed instantly. now I've been playing on some easier difficulties.

btw, this made me realize how much better/clearer the cries have gotten. most of the gen 1-3 cries sound like the same low-quality CG sound effect, whereas the gen 4+ ones are a lot nicer sounding. If you're not playing on blind and you have a Gen 1-3 Pokémon and a Gen 4+ Pokémon to choose from, the sound quality is a big hint imo.

smocks

fiat lux
Years
I'd played on normal and have gone over 50 without getting anyone wrong (All 6 gens)

don't know if I should be proud about that...

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I gave it a try with the timer on this time! Got to 31 on Normal with all generations. I'd definitely recommend trying with the timer mode, it's a lot more stressful ahha. I may try a few more times! might be fun to get better at this.

blue

gucci
Years
attempted the blind option and failed miserably lmao. changed it to the timer mode w/ hard difficulty and got up to 151!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I got to 154 on normal timer mode with all six generations! It was cool that I knew a lot of the cries even though I haven't played a Pokemon game in a while. I kept confusing Regirock's cry with a lot of other Pokemon though, even after hearing the same cry 2 or 3 times. :(

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I got to 154 on normal timer mode with all six generations! It was cool that I knew a lot of the cries even though I haven't played a Pokemon game in a while. I kept confusing Regirock's cry with a lot of other Pokemon though, even after hearing the same cry 2 or 3 times. :(
Nice! That's a lot further than I got sadly. The Regis can be kinda confusing a lot of the time it's true.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I have a much greater appreciation for cries now tbh - on the non-blind modes, it was actually really easy to guess which cry belonged to which Pokémon just by listening and matching the sound to the appearance of the Pokémon. Some cries are pretty generic and it's difficult to guess so some of it was memory for me, but for the most part I think they just did a great job of designing cries to match Pokémon.

Back