• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate (21/01/2020 - New Patch Out)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023

Welcome to the thread for Kanlara Ultimate - the final version of Pokémon Kanlara Adventures!

21/01/2020 Patch Notes: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10116890#post10116890
There is now a notepad file with data on wild Pokémon encounters in the attachments below.

Features

- Travel through the new region of Kanlara
- Explore a new story
- Catch and battle approximately 430 different Pokémon from generations 1-7
- P/S/S split, EXP on Pokémon capture, Running Indoors
- Expanded move list featuring new moves such as Shift Gear, Coil, X-Scissor
- Custom TM list
- The Fairy type and a brand new type called 'Demon' have been implemented
- 30+ original Demon Pokémon
- Original moves with custom move effects, these are exlusive to Demon Pokémon

Foreword

Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate is a ROM hack of Pokémon FireRed (1.0) which features a new region, story, Pokémon from all 7 generations, and a few modern updates to make the game nicer to play.

Story

Kanlara is the region where you were born. You spawn here, and you meet up with your childhood friend and rival. You are informed that the Professor wants to see the both of you.

At the Lab, Professor Woke lets you know that apparently, Kanlara is under attack by a group known
as Team Rocket.

You recieve your first Pokemon, and together you and your rival set out on your adventure.

Your goal is to become the best trainer you can, but also to put a wrench in Team Rocket's plans and make sure they're put in their place.

Later, it becomes apparent that Team Rocket is gaining too much power, and the entire fate of Kanlara will rest on your shoulder as you embark on your path towards the final battle, that will decide it all...

Screenshots:

FAQ/Tips
Spoiler:

Credits / Tools Used
Spoiler:

Bugs
- None game-breaking found yet
Spoiler:

Download

Below in attachment

How to play

Download the patch titled 'Pokemon Kanlara Ultimate' from the attachment below, and patch your ROM with the program Lunar IPS.
Please keep in mind that Kanlara Ultimate needs to be patched on a clean 1.0 version of FireRed, such as Squirrels.

Check this guide if you've never patched a ROM before. (It's easy)
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=333151

Attachments

• Kanlara Ultimate Wild Pokemon Info.txt
    9 KB · Views: 3,412
  • Pokemon Kanlara Ultimate.ips
    4 MB · Views: 5,078
Last edited:
Years
This hack looks really good! But I think you should have used Mr.DS's Rom base for the abilities and new moves, or PSI Master's ROM base.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 29, 2018
How do you evolve Porygon in this? And is Porygon-Z in this? If so, how do you evolve Porygon2?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
How do you evolve Porygon in this? And is Porygon-Z in this? If so, how do you evolve Porygon2?
There's an item called Evo Stone it acts as an evolutionary stone for all Pokemon that normally evolve via trade. It evolves Porygon into Porygon2 and Porygon2 into Porygon-Z.

You get one for free from a guy in Elder Village (check the southwesternmost house). You can also buy Evo Stone's from the Green Pokemart dude in Nahara Town.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
1.0 (Squirrels)

Edit: @Sakakii Didn't realize an update was out. Could you let us know what was changed/added in v1.1?
It was just the one bug fix. Specifically, a warp in Merryfall Town warped you to a completely different town, potentially locking you out of continuing the game. So I removed that warp in 1.1. You can continue playing on 1.0 it's fine, as long as you are aware of the bug. I post a picture here, showing you which warp to not enter in 1.0.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
how far done is this?
It is completed with 8 Gyms + E4. All main events done, sub-events done, the only thing missing is NPC text around the region (a lot of NPC have standard FR/LG text still.)

I'll add that to the OP.

Last edited:
Years
yeah i notice some dex entries are random example fletchling is flower poke in dex, but its ok to me cuz im not using pokedex. =D

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2022
Liking the game so far but just to note:

I did run in to a bug however
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
Duly noted. I'll add that to the OP for now. Thank you for telling.

There is also now a list of 'new' (Gen 4 +) Pokemon in this game in the OP.

Last edited:
Years
Such an amazing experience thus far, however I'm in Giovanni Enterprises right now, and the guards are way too high leveled and the speed on my game on VBA is so fast I can't avoid them, I grabbed the code from Misty but cannot do anything with it. Any help? By the way the emulator is on iOS / Mac.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
Such an amazing experience thus far, however I'm in Giovanni Enterprises right now, and the guards are way too high leveled and the speed on my game on VBA is so fast I can't avoid them, I grabbed the code from Misty but cannot do anything with it. Any help? By the way the emulator is on iOS / Mac.

You don't need to get past the guards to progress - you only get bonus items like TM's and the likes for doing so.

The code
Spoiler:

Back