• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you discover new music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
When you're on the hunt for new music, how do you discover it? Do you search YouTube for something specific? Browse iTunes until something catches your eye - or ear? Listen to the radio? Search on sites like Last.fm for recommendations?

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
I do browse iTunes chart or just look at a certain music chart in local radio.

I used to use Last.fm for recommendations but since I haven't installed the plug-ins in my new laptop, I never got there anymore :"(

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Usually I get given music by co-workers or friends through youtube. I don't really go exploring, myself, for new music.

This, pretty much. Usually I find new music through friends on Tumblr, it takes far too much time for me to find music myself, lol. I'd just rather let other people find music for me and then go off from that!

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
People still use iTunes even with the DRM spyware? Wow :/

I personally would listen to Pandora or the actual radio, or have friends recommend things to me. Amazon also has free downloads every month from artists on the rise, and that's a good way too. One this month is great. I really don't need much new music, though. I'm happy with what I have, and it's enough - 6 days, 16 hours worth. I'm not one to have TOO TOO many songs like others have said they have...

#isthenumbersign
Years
For awhile, it was Pandora, I found cool new artists that were similar to those that I already had. After a couple years I know like every single band that exists so I kinda deviated away from finding music by way of Pandora. I still listen to Pandora like every day, but now I'll surf Youtube or Itunes for new music.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Usually video games. I almost never listen to "real music" and listen almost exclusively to video game music and remixes, but some video games have brought to my attention some pretty good songs.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
From Friends, Blogs,Tumblr Youtube, Livemixtape.com, Datpiff.com, Pandora, iheartradio, last.fm. Most of the time its from livemixtape and Pandora.

Years
I used to go looking everywhere trying to find something new and different and perfect for me, but I would only end up loosing interest in whatever it was after a day. For some reason I could never find anything that I wanted to really listen to. Nothing suck.

Now I just absorb things that I hear with more regularity from my friends because it's more "organic" that way. I've got a lot of music at the moment so I'm not too worried about getting new music.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Bands opening for headliners at concerts is a big one, as well as bands preforming at festivals. Sometimes if I hear about a random show I'll go to it even if I've never heard of whom is playing. My favorite bands for life I've discovered through friends when I was still in high school, my favorite band I first heard at a birthday party a friend was "DJing" when I was in 9th grade (he was like 5 years older so his music taste was vastly superior and I fell in love with it). Before I was old enough to go to shows I guess I discovered music through MTV (back when it actually had music) and Myspace.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
I always listen to the same music anyways. But whenever I do want new music, it's from suggestions on Twitter or what I see on Tumblr. Sometimes I want music from my friends, but no one has the same taste as me.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I usually find most of my music while browsing youtube or listening to music. I also right down the names of songs or lyrics of songs I hear on the radio that I like and search and then download them when I have the time.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
One word: Klippy. He always sends me random songs or texts me a song title and artist so that I can look it up. And he's the best at finding great music. Most of the songs on my phone are there because of him. I don't find music by myself most of the time because of this, haha. Penatrait and Patchisou Yutohru send me music sometimes as well, but for the most part, I discover music through Klippy.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
First off I do a bit of research on my favorite bands and find out similar bands to the ones I like. Or I may search for bands in a genre I like (for example I go to www.metal-archives.com and look up bands).

Next I go to YouTube and find a few songs from the band, listen to them. Sometimes I may get suggestions for other similar bands.

I love the music, I may search for the CD's or Amazon MP3's, to buy the song or album.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Usually a friend recommends a song or band/artist to me or I look them up on Spotify or Youtube.Spotify is a good app for discovering new music or a artist; I've discovered alot of quality bands or artists with it.

Years
If I remember correctly, most of the new music I've found lately actually comes from Pandora. I have my regular channels on there, but there'll be times when I'm just like...okay, I'm bored of these, and I'll just look at the other channels and see if anything else seems interesting. It sometimes works.

Although there are times when I'll also find a random video on youtube featuring some music that I like the sound of, and if there's a name listed I'll go out looking for more from that group.

So...yeah.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
usually when I am playing one of my playlists on youtube or they give me a recommendation. friends and just random searches for the genre i like also do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back