• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sucky random deck that beat my friend XD

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
I told Renpuu that I would post the deck that I played with tonight - so that's what I'm doing!

I don't claim this deck to be any special, the idea behind it was "hey 8D I bought some new boosters and got some cards in the mail! Lets use them!" and "my friend doesn't have that strong of pokemon in her collection yet, do not dessimate her"
It honestly probably sucks XD

I did win against my friend, but I'm thinking it was luck.
(I got lucky with my arcanine.I was able to attack 3 times before having to discard the energy on him)
(* denotes a new card I got today :P)

2 X Skitty
1 X Delcatty
2 X Buneary
1 X Lopunny*
1 X Dunsparce
1 X Psyduck
1 X Golduck
1 X Keldeo
3 X Cryogonal
2 X Marill*
1 X Azumarill
2 X Oshawott
1 X Dewott
1 X Delibird
1 X Squirtle
1 X Pansear
3 X Growlithe*
1 X Arcanine*
2 X Sneasel*
1 X Weavil*
=20 Pokemon

1 X Potion
3 X Energy Search
1 X Super Rod
1 X Energy Retrieval
1 X Great Ball
1 X Hugh
1 X Skyla
2 X Cilan
= 11 Trainers

2 X Dark Energy
7 X Fire Energy
11 X Water Energy
= 20 Energy

~~~~~~~~ and if anyone is curious, this was the.... results? Gives you an idea of the opponent.

When we battle, we keep a word document up so we can keep track of everything more easily. This is just a CP of the doc from this battle

(how to read: * - denotes my Pokemon,Drop in HP (damage) is separated by //, () is who knocked it out)

active pokemonz
*Keldeo 90 // 40

damaged bench pokemonz

(none at the end of the battle)

dead pokemonz
*Sneasel 60 // 30 // (articuno)
*Cryogonal 80 // 50 (articuno)
Articuno 70 // 40// 10 (Lopunny)
*Lopunny // 90 // 60 // 30 (Milotic C)
Milotic C 90 // 80 (Arcanine)
Corphish 50 // 40 (Arcanine)
Swampert 130 // 30 // 10 (Arcanine)
Floatzel 70 // 50 (keldeo)
*Arcanine 130 // 70 // 10 (Swampert)
Staryu 50 // (Keldeo)
Marshtomp 80 // 10 (Keldeo)

Last edited:

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
It's a little hard to rate if we don't know the sets the cards are from.

I agree with Donavannj that it is difficult to rate a deck because we do not know what set these cards are from.

First of all it seems that this deck has ALOT of Pokemon in it.
Most Pokemon decks currently run between 6-15 Pokemon which will vary on deck specific tactics.
Also this deck needs supporters to be more consistent with draws and allowing you to get the cards you need, when you need them such as "Skyla", "Professor Juniper" and "N".
Supporters are the bread and butter of any good Pokemon deck and ideally you want to be using:
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
1-4 Skyla
1-4 Cheren/Bianca

Once you have the core of the supporter line up, you need to decide how your deck will play.
Will you use straight attackers with no "support" Pokemon to increase on consistency and speed ?
Would you prefer a slower paced deck which has Stage 2 support Pokemon which allows you to setup and prepare for the late game ?
Will you be using some form of energy acceleration ?
What type of Pokemon do you wish to use and how will you counter their weakness ?

Energy counts can be between 12-14, similar to Pokemon line up.
Due to draw supporters and trainer items search as "Energy search" or "Dark Patch" which allow you to reuse energy which is already discarded.

If you're looking for ideas on these particular theories then let me know ! It's easier to gather the right Pokemon once you have the concept of your deck in mind.

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
@_@ yeah I don't even remember where most of them are from.
They're all from the black/white series, but as far as specific boosters and theme decks... I don't remember which cards are from which.

I'm also not seriously looking to get this rated XD

and an update, Renpuu - I built a deck based on your specifications and lost last night :B
Explain that! XD

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
If you bolt strike twice with a Zekrom, you could just outrage for 100, which is better than killing yourself X_X

Back