• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
But I saw on youtupe"es3", caterpie evolved after beating team rocket at level 6 but my carterpie not evolution. Perhaps my patch is error because team rocket in the battles not as screen. how don't i know to fix it?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
But I saw on youtupe"es3", caterpie evolved after beating team rocket at level 6 but my carterpie not evolution. Perhaps my patch is error because team rocket in the battles not as screen. how don't i know to fix it?

That was the video for when I was trying to play the game exactly like the anime. It didn't evolve at level 6, I just edited the video to make it look like it evolved after beating Team Rocket to keep it consistent with the anime. It actually evolved during a later battle.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thanks for the report, Ash493! I'll get to work on fixing that stuff! I'm glad you like the hack! :)
No prob :) Glad to help :)

Any opinions on this (from anyone)? I don't think there's any other way to make electric attacks work against those guys, and I know Pikachu has defeated Geodude, Onix, and Rhydon with electric attacks in the anime before. But would removing their Ground type be too much?
I think it's great idea which could make this hack more and more like anime. Other anime-based hacks didn't bother think 'bout it

That was the video for when I was trying to play the game exactly like the anime. It didn't evolve at level 6, I just edited the video to make it look like it evolved after beating Team Rocket to keep it consistent with the anime. It actually evolved during a later battle.
Ya could've just changed the evolution with YAPE xD

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
sorry, i have an important problem. it's "pikachu can't beat onix and geodune", thundershock not affect to rock pokemon. why is that? i can win if i don't use pikachu.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
sorry, i have an important problem. it's "pikachu can't beat onix and geodune", thundershock not affect to rock pokemon. why is that? i can win if i don't use pikachu.

This question was already asked on the page before.

Onix and Geodude are Rock and Ground types.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
There's one little error in your message. You CAN win WITHOUT Pikachu ;) Remember ya have Pidgeotto and Butterfree (if not ya better train) and Brock is beatable only with those two. Just take Geodude down with Butterfree's Confusion and then against Onix go with Pidgeotto and keep using Sand-Attack and the knock him down with Butterfree's Confusion.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
There's one little error in your message. You CAN win WITHOUT Pikachu ;) Remember ya have Pidgeotto and Butterfree (if not ya better train) and Brock is beatable only with those two. Just take Geodude down with Butterfree's Confusion and then against Onix go with Pidgeotto and keep using Sand-Attack and the knock him down with Butterfree's Confusion.

You could also catch a Mankey on the route to the pokemon league
Mankey is the best pokemon to use on Brock
Mankey's low kick is great against Onix and Geodude

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
thanks u. i play it and use movie on youtube.^^. i think pikachu can use thunderstone to evolve to raichu. u should pay attention it.^^.thanks

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
You could also catch a Mankey on the route to the pokemon league
Mankey is the best pokemon to use on Brock
Mankey's low kick is great against Onix and Geodude
Yeah but I didn't want to use pokemon which Ash doesn't have in that time :)
I'm trying to keep team which Ash has (of course that doesn't mean I stop evolutions xD)

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
i use ipswin, but it doesn't work on this game.
does anyone know a better patching tool?

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
thanks alo123. it works now. finally i can patch this game.

also you can't run on route 22
and the red carpet has 2 lines on the left half that shouldn't be there.
and after rocket battle in viridian forest the text stays on the screen until new text appears.

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I have a few updates. I finished Pokemon Scent-aation and Hypno's Naptime. I also tried my hand at inserting some new tiles. I've included a pic of some trees and a new Pokemon Center I inserted.

treesandcenter.png

Please let me know if there's some way I could improve them - I'm not the best tile maker, but I want to add tiles that fit the anime, and to make it all bright and shiny so maybe the hack will get more attention ...

And, if you play the Beta, please don't be shy about letting me know what you think, or what bugs you have found. It would help me out a lot! Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I found 2 more Spelling Mistakes:
Pic 1: Without is Spelled Wrong.
Pic 2: Bunch is Spelling Wrong.

P.S Just finished the Beta. Just wanna say, it's the best Anime Hack with best Spelling and Grammar unlike Balkj's Kanto. GL!

P.S 2: Just to remind you, please change the Trainer Texts so that the FR Trainer Feeling would be gone.

Back