• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon 6

Ultimathunder

Ichiban Pok?mon Master
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 19, 2006
I would rate it 10/10 as well, it is defintely a movie u cannot miss out of the series. Seeing a animated Groudon like that was very exciting and yes Jirachii is Kawaii. I like to just see Jirachii flouting around cause just that alone makes it so cute...The request of the song at the end was very sad as well, it's like saying that although I only live for 1 week every 1000 years I was glad it was with u guys...

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
Years
Definitely a 10/10. This movie just became my new number 1 in the movie list. It's good that Ash was less the main person. Jirachi was very cute and that part were Jirachi made all the snacks appear was very funny. The scene where Jirachi was going to sleep for a 1000 years again while May and the others were sing was really really touching.
I've noticed that this is the first movie in which they used a lot of anime expressions like sweatdrops and ?_?.
Whereas the giant CGI creature in 4Ever was practically ice-skating over the ground, the fake Groudon was actually walking!
In the previous movies (except movie 3 and Brock in movie 4) the other character are standing around doing not very much. Having that fake Groundon catch them is a good way to bypass that problem.
I hope 4Kids just simply stick with the translation and doesn't go edit-happy.
BTW is Miramax getting the release rights of this movie too? Cuz last time I checked it only got the rights of movie 4 & 5. It would be a pitty if pokemon fans would miss out on this movie (too).

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
Years
I have this movie on Japanese DVD

I give it a 9/10

Very awesome story. Jirachi had a child's voice(done by a 40 year old). Sad that VA died though. Haruka doing the humming was very nice as well

I still think Movie 2(Revelation Lugia) is my favorite. Plus I have high expectations on the 7th one. Movie 5 is my 2nd favorite too.

Tweak

:knockedou jirachi was kinda annoying in the beginning. i haven't finished watching the movie, but i still like revelation lugia better.

mmm, batara...and his assistant are weird. @_@ and team rocket is so random!!!

i can't give it a rating yet because i haven't finished watching it but so far its a 7/10

Years
let's just say it was like all pokemon movies..
ONE BIG....or small... special pokemon in trouble... the heroes save it....same old ending.... then team rocket says somethign good..
=p
altho i would rate this one 9/10

PKMN_grl

Obsession Hunter
Years
I give it a 10/10. Why? Here's why:

1)It wasn't focused mainly on Satoshi
2)Probably because Kasumi wasn't there
3)Jirachii was funny
4)Its different somehow
5)I like the song at the end

Tweak

:P i remember for kingdom hearts, they translated that ending song very nicely. cause utada hikaru is good at english. i hope the english version of the ending for pokemon6 will be good.

i just finished watching the entire movie couple days ago...it wasn't that great. i feel like #5 was better than #6. #1, 2, 3 were all good. #4...wasn't that great either. =) that is my opinion. so i am sticking with the 7/10 for this one. O_O; i can NOT imagine a dubb voice for jirachi, i'm getting scared.

Unown_

Years
Vito Winstrate said:
I needed to bump the topic because of some things I found (thanks to Serebii Joe).
Dubbed Name: Jirachi: Wish Maker (sounds like a tentative name I reckon)
Released as: VHS, DVD, and GCN (I meant it... a GameCube!)
Serebii Joe also said that it isn't handled by Miramax (yay!) and that 4Kids was doing this by itself (most likely with the same logo animators and such) and having a translated version of "Chiisaki Mono Eiga Saizu", which the name is the english version is unknown. He says they might be getting the original singer to do it.
That's great news. It's seems that 4Kids is putting efforts to actually translating something for once.
According to Dogasu's Backpack website, the song is rumored to be called "Make a wish".
It would be great if the original singer can speak some decend English, or else it's gonna be like the English version of "Rythm Emotion" (Gundam Wing). For those who never heared it: the same person who sang the opening in Japanese is singing it in English with an heavy Japanese accent.
I hope it's going to be as good like "Melodies of Life" from the FF9 theme. I was supprised to hear later that the English and Japanese version were sang by the same person (I haven't heared the Japanese version yet back then).

Though it is unconfirmed at the moment, it has been said that Hayashi Asuka (who apparently likes to romanize her name as Hayashi Asuca) will be singing the theme song for the American dub, and has already been to New York to record her English-language album. It is unknown it the song, entitled Make a Wish, will be an English translation of the Japanese ending them Chiisaki Mono or if it will be a new song altogether. Rumors that Hayashi Asuka will be singing the song with Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera have been proved false.

In an interview with Kathy Borland (one of the producers/writers for the dub) posted by AK2 on the Serebii.net forums:

"WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF ADAPTING THIS MOVIE. IT WILL NOT BE RELEASED IN THEATERS, BUT WILL COME OUT ON VHS, DVD AND ALSO ON THE WHOLE NEW 'GAMECUBE FORMAT.' I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT!"

However, the wording of the press release announcing the pre-order disc's contents suggests that the film may appear in theatres after all.

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
Years
Zapchu said:
:P i remember for kingdom hearts, they translated that ending song very nicely. cause utada hikaru is good at english. i hope the english version of the ending for pokemon6 will be good.

i just finished watching the entire movie couple days ago...it wasn't that great. i feel like #5 was better than #6. #1, 2, 3 were all good. #4...wasn't that great either. =) that is my opinion. so i am sticking with the 7/10 for this one. O_O; i can NOT imagine a dubb voice for jirachi, i'm getting scared.

*Hides behind Zappy* You scared me with that nasty tought. ;_; They'll prolly give him Ted Lewis as a voice actor just because 4kids likes Ted Lewis. X.o()

I give it a 7-1/2 out of ten. It seemed really short to me, and although Masato and Jiraachi are cute, the movie isn't as good as I would have hoped. I get really sad whenever I hear Jiraachi's voice now. ;_;

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
Years
F_P doesn't have it subtitled yet, so I assume most people just watched it in raw Japanese, and didn't understand a word.

Some of us are also fluent in Japanese. I have trouble when speaking, but I can watch movies without subtitles just fine.

Unown_

Years
Masato-kun said:
It was quite an easy movie to figure out, with or without knowledge of the Japanese language. If anyone finds any more info on the dubbed version, please supply it.

True, it is not very difficult to figure out. However, I cannot understand the exact words they are telling. That is why I'm intend to get the subbed version.

As for the dub, this is what I know so far:
Please keep in mind that some are bassed on rumors.

• The dub title is called "Jirachi Wishmaker" (claimed by Nintendo America)
  • It is said that the singer who sang Chiksai Mono (the ending song of the movie) will sing a English version of the song. (Dogasu's website)
  • This movie will not be released by Miramax (not confirmed, nor denied)
  • Some claim that the movie will be a straight release on DVD and VHS. Some say it will make it toward the theather.

Last edited:

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
Years
orange*berry said:
F_P doesn't have it subtitled yet, so I assume most people just watched it in raw Japanese, and didn't understand a word.

Some of us are also fluent in Japanese. I have trouble when speaking, but I can watch movies without subtitles just fine.

Does anyone know when the subtitled version of Pokemon movie 6 will be out?
Also where or how did you see the movie?

Tweak

:P ah...i've always wanted to subtitle a movie. =-= but it'd take forever cause i'd have to add text to each speaking scene and match it. i give praise to those people fan subbing anime episodes of naruto. they do a great job! ;)

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
Years
Unown_ said:
True, it is not very difficult to figure out. However, I cannot understand the exact words they are telling. That is why I'm intend to get the subbed version.

As for the dub, this is what I know so far:
Please keep in mind that some are bassed on rumors.

• The dub title is called "Jirachi Wishmaker" (claimed by Nintendo America)
  • It is said that the singer who sang Chiksai Mono (the ending song of the movie) will sing a English version of the song. (Dogasu's website)
  • This movie will not be released by Miramax (not confirmed, nor denied)
  • Some claim that the movie will be a straight release on DVD and VHS. Some say it will make it toward the theather.

Does anyone know when Pokemon movie 6 will be out in the U.S. and Canada? And what about the subtitled Japanese version. Does anyone know when that will be out if it isn't already.

Unown_

Years
I guess it will be around summer when it'll be out in the US and Canada. There hasn't been a release date announced yet.

[sai]hittokiri1859

Al Battosai
Years
  • Age 38
  • NJ
  • Seen Feb 1, 2004
pokemon 6 movie

I have the pokemon 6 movie does any one have some subtitles for it or does any one know were i can find some it would really help in watching it

Rifted

Let's positive thinking!
Years
I doubt you could find any subtitles around yet...it's actually pretty easy to grasp by just watching it, you don't really have to know what they're saying. Well, maybe having a little background in Japanese does help.

I thought the movie was excellent. I absolutely couldn't stand Haruka and her lullaby thing, but that's just my opinion. The action scenes were also awesome...it's at a different standard than the other movies (although I haven't seen Pokemon 5 yet).

Oh, and the part when the gang gets sloshed with mud. I may be behind on the times, but that's probably the first time I've seen when Brock's hair actually follows the rules of gravity. :P

Back