• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Anime and Manga fan club

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
I heard that Japanese telivision was awful. However, my grandmother's hairdresser swears that it's the greatest thing. Did you ever see that episode of the simpsons where they all went on that Japanese game show? That's kind of my picture of Japanes telivision.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
They tend to show the more garish aspect of Japanese TV in America, giving the impression that it's all anime and Takeshi's Castle. In actuality, it's closer to American TV, except we find it amusiong since most opf us can't understand a word of it.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
That's interesting. one of my friends who's really into japan told me that they had things like awful music and visible microphones. I suppose it's a matter of opinion more than anything else.

EDIT:I just had a thought...how should we hold meetings with online members such as yourselves?

Last edited:

chunckymonkey

homicidal maniac
Years
Why are you talking bad about firefly????? I wanna know!!! ERRRRRR!! *hisses* Weibchen lol, But really what about about the website? i want a black background and DEAD BODIES (hopfully yours!) (Just kidding) LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL hahahahahahaha heeeheeehhehehhe hohohohohohhhoooo ah-ha ha (i'm not that retarded)

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Woh, wait a minute; I'm not talking bad about her. I said she's really creative, but it's hard to get a straight answer from her about the website. But, do you have an idea of what you want, monkey?

falling up+
Years
hey guys sorry i been away so long had some issues with college and stuff...you know the usual. ANyways whats everyone been up too fill me in!

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Rose Flame said:
That would work if we had any fanartists, but currently, we only have a few authors signed up. Though we are accepting fanart, we have'nt recieved any, nor do we have anyone interested in sending in any. I'm considering going to the fanart forums (and possibly the fanfiction forums) and seeing if I can generate some interest among some of the more avid artists, though I don't know as that would be permitted.

Alright, I have an important announcement: If all goes well, construction on the website will begin very soon; in the next two or three weeks at most if everything works out. So we need to get some things wrapped up;

to 003; we haven't recieved any art for the website from you so far. We'll need some soon if you want your work included. Firefly's address is a few pages back and so is mine. And if you still want to send me a demo of your bands music, I'd prefer you send it to me via e-mail at [email protected] . If need an idea of what we want, PM me.

to Oni Flygon and The Adamant Dodger; editors of the purple and black section; be ready to accept possibly a flood of fanworks soon before school starts. I think your e-mail addresses are already listed, so I can think of anything I need from you right now, other than ideas for the format of the magazine and the website if you'd like.

I think Firefly's supposed to be posting...

That's something from a little while ago. Can't think of much else. If I do, I'll let you know.

sun_shine_002

drama queen
Years
hello every body (Just so you know i'm really not a mean person just when it comes to rap)Now about this anime club cool idea because i'm in it( just so you know Samantha its me Sara S.) Firefly got me to post finally it took along time because of a few errors. Hello wiredos we need some new members who also like anime and manga come and join to see what kind of cool stuff we geeks do and talk about because some of the conversations here are really really boring.! :0

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
They're not that boring, though some of them are. ^_^ How come your not using the name you signed up for for our website, "Fairy", out of curiosity? Well, I'm really glad you finally posted! I might get adobe go live this friday when we go to El Paso, and if that works out we might be able to start construction on the website this weekend if you guys want. Although, that's really Firefly's decision since it's her house and computer that all the other software is on.

sun_shine_002

drama queen
Years
Yes i would have but it wouldn't let me do things so i had to get a new id and email so now i can post i hope to be able to a lot more but we'll see i'll ask firefly about going to her house but i can't go friday untill after 11. but tell firefly she can call me to see if i'm not busy and make sure u call the monkey.hahatalk to you later bye if i'm still on that is. bye

Firefly

Person who likes Anime
Years
Sure I guess i could start this weekend if you want me to but you have to give me all the stuff you want in your section or els i will just put what i want to there :D

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
And what, pray tell, would you like me to give you? If we put anything up before we put it through our sponsor and the principal first, we'll be in a lot of trouble, even if we are paying for all the construction costs. After all, eventually we're going to get school funding for maintaining it, and school recognition. Therefore, we have to go through them first. All we can do at this point is set it up for fanwork submissions, and make it clear that nothing will be published until a few weeks after school starts. That way, every editor will have time to edit submissions, and we'll have time to show everything to the appropriate officials.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Yes there is. We can still have it set up so that the only thing we have to do once school starts is put in the work we've got. We can set it up so that anyone who wants to send in some fanworks only has to click on a few links, type it up on the site, and then send it to the appropriate editor. Everyone's provided their e-mails, so you could fix it to do that, right?

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Ok guys; just got back from El Paso. I went to Best Buy and scoured the store for "adobe go live" and didn't find it. I asked a sales associate if they had it, and they looked at me like I had lost it. "Is it like, a band or something? A movie?" is what they kept asking me. Are you sure that it even exists? No offense, but gosh! That guy took me through the entire store; not just computer software, but DVDs, CDs, the works :knockedou

Alright, next order of business; I've been visiting a few websites and e-mailing authors who's work I thought was pretty good. So, we've got a few new members, and I might be sending you some work to edit if they write fanfiction for your genre:

-Gotten0040
cowboy bebop
teen titans
yu-gi-oh
dragonball z
yu-yu hakusho
witch hunter robin
trigun
inuyasha
g-gundam
rurouni kenshin
card captor sakura
A very friendly and eager author with a nice variety in taste.

-Jcgamer
witch hunter robin
Not much to say about this author. Seems friendly enough, written only one story, and, though I have'nt read all of it, starts out strong.

-Anna Sartin
pokemon
Kind of a celebrity in the world of JAJRN fanfiction. Perhaps you've heard of her fic "The Dark Side of Innocence? Excellent. Unfortunately, we may not be able to use her work. No offense intended, but she calls herself the goddess of rocketshippers, and she certainly acts like it. She sent a slightly rude e-mail in response to the one I sent her about using her work. She was appalled that I suggest we might need to edit her work. I don't know if we should include her or not; her work is excellent, but, from the few lines of text she sent me, she seems a bit uppity. She may be a real pain to deal with in the future. Then again, I may have the wrong impression of her altogether. I'm going to leave this one up to a vote. Please put in your next posts whether you feel we should include her or not.

chunckymonkey

homicidal maniac
Years
To get what we need you might have to go to a computer store. And about Anna Sartin, well i don't like "uppity" people (no offence) but if shes nice itd be cool to work with her.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
I believe what she specifically said in her e-mail was "if you feel my work needs to be editted, then I feel it doesn't need to be on your site." But, she said if we didn't edit it, we could use it. So, does that make your vote to include her or not, monkey?

Firefly

Person who likes Anime
Years
What i meant by stuff for the website besides fanart and fiction was info on the things that are in your section. Like are you going to tell people about the characters in the anime or what ever els you are doing that are in your section, are you going to have a story section were you tell people what it is about, are you going to write review on them?(you know the basics) If you want galleries in your section you have to tell me which pictures you want and make sure i am allowed to use them that was the kind of stuff i was talking about. If we are going to have this stuff then it is going to take a while to get it all organized.
And on another note are you sure her work even has to be edited?

Back