• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rain rain, go away, come again another day!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Do you like the rain? How does rain affect your mood for the day, if at all?

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I prefer rain over sun, because I'm susceptible to heat stroke and/or migraines, and it gets worse over time leading vomiting, and then to fainting. It doesn't even have to be very hot, I just don't get along too well with that ball of gas. Whenever my mom had me do yardwork, I would swear she was trying to kill me.

On a mood level, rain is a lot more calming, too. Grey skies put me in a more reflective mood, and they make me really happy. I don't even mind walking in the rain, getting wet isn't an issue unless I'm carrying important documents. Of course, the draw back is that it makes you look raggedy when you're trying to show up somewhere professionally.

Oh yeah, rain also keeps insects at bay, most of which I hate with a passion. I'd almost rather travel for miles on foot on a rainy day to run errands than dodge wasps and yellow freaking jackets every couple of steps.

Years
It depends really. If it's windy and I've got stuff to do outdoors then I'll obviously be pining for some sunlight to come around and warm me up. If it's just a bit of rain and I'm not feeling the cold too much I quite enjoy it. Even if I'm sat inside and just listening to it, it's quite peaceful.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I dreamt it was raining balls outside. (Raining really hard, not actual balls.) Two tiny tornadoes touched the ground from the sky, and a team of scientists I happened to be with explained to me that they technically weren't tornadoes, due to their miniature size. Someone interpret?

I adore rain when I don't have to go outside for anything. My complaints: It seems like rain tends to accompany extreme weather where I live. It also comes at the worst times. That all being said, I do wish rain would consider my schedule before it visits.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I like any weather. They don't really affect my mood at all, unless I'm driving through the rain and can't see. So I'll welcome rain, or not, I could really care less to be honest. It does have a soothing quality, but only for a minute or two lol.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Rain is fairly calming and helps me sleep at night except if it's a downpour. There's such a thing as to much rain though and if it rains for days I get in a gloomy mood kinda

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
It's annoying if I intend to do something outdoors or if it's already cold out. But in general, I like rain and storms.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I like most kind of weather.
Rainy makes me feel calm.
Snow makes me feel like having a cup of hot cocoa in bed :P
Windy makes me feel cold xD
Sunny makes me feel happy :D
etc.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I love the rain, it makes me happy and it's calming. One of my favorite things to do is to go swimming during a warm summer rain.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I love the rain. I particularly love it when it rains in Summer because the smell is amazing haha. Not to mention, I love it when I'm nice and warm in bed while it's raining and windy outside. <3

Years
I really, really love rain. It instantly brings up my mood and often makes me forget of all the problems I'm facing. Thunder and lightning makes it even better. :3

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I like rain on warm days. Preferably without much wind. Otherwise I'd prefer sun, or snow. Snow is always good. (Been snowing here for a couple weeks straight. lol)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Rain is fantastic - while it's happening. The aftermath of the rain... I hate the deluge is causes, especially in my yard and on my street/adjoining roads. It makes walking/driving anywhere borderline impossible for days. The pre- and post-rain smell is always enjoyable though and it perks me up. Otherwise, rain is a misfortune. >:

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Most of the time, I looooove rain. I love the moist feeling in the air. But when rain interferes with my volleyball and badminton practice, I hate it.

Years
I don't like hot weather and since we get rain in the winter instead of snow rain always feels like winter to me. It means wearing warm, snuggly clothing and clean smelling air.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I'm a big fan of rain. I hate heat, and I hate the brightness of the sun, so rain is always great news for me. Also, that pre-rain smell is so awesome...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I love the rain and everything that goes with it. I much prefer it to sunshine and heat. It affects my mood very positively, I'd much prefer hearing the sounds of the pitter-patter than feeling the oppressive heat of the sun.

There's something about the atmosphere when it rains too. It's somehow more quiet and more urgent at the same time. I like that, it makes things feel intense :)

Back