• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opening GBA Pokemon server!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2012
Cool.

If you combine this with a flash cart, then you could read the save off an actual FR cart, and then trade over hamachi, then just pop the save back on the cart. Pretty useful.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Well, if that is possible, you could insert many special events to specific times.. would be a cool thing ;)
Also, making several Editions of the game like FR/BG were you have
to exchange to get your Pokedex full, is possible!

I'm pretty sure that's not a rom hack.

Ponester

Gen3/4 FAN!
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
I wanna join ether, I think it's a great idea and should make it true!
Please, may I join too? (Pokemon Leaf Green or Emerald)

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
Is this thing still working? I was just looking for a community where FR and LG players can battle and trade online! And this looks like what I was looking for... Can I take part in it?

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
i wanna join as a tester i got hamachi and VBA link 1.8 with lan/wifi edition too!!! also works with hamachi and i did test it with my own computer to trade between 2 save files in same computer oh and also i made a tutorial to help you guys out here it is : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=290775

dont forget to add me as a beta tester please

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
Any news? It's a stupid thing, but I'd like to try the "Dodrio berry picking" mini-game, but I need 2 more players!
I tried to link 3 VBAs on the same computer, but it works only with with 2 emulators.

If this project grows up I'm available!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
If this project is still alive, count me as a beta tester. Always wanted to play GBA games on multiplayer.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Thanks for opening this I can battle you guys now
And by now i mean on my free time

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2013
Is this still going to happen?
I'd love to test it so I can have someone to play with

totodile493

Person
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2021
I am creating a secondary server for ya. :D

IPv4 address: 25.164.239.100

It's called Pokécom GBA Link Server (yes the e has the apostrophe thing - hit Alt + 0233).

Password: pokecom
[without the "é"]

NOTICE:
*This is not guaranteed to work.

*The server is only up as long as the host (me) is online. Expect much downtime, although I will try to keep the server (my computer) running as much as possible.

*Use the same game. Difficulties will surely arise if one person is using Pokémon Black (hack) and the other is using "legit" Pokémon Firered.

*Throttle might screw things up.

*Don't forget you can right-click someone's name and fire up a chat channel.

*Optimize your VBA for best performance. Even if it plays at 100% all the time normally, linking causes massive lag spikes. When I tried with my friends, it dropped to 60%. On some occasions, it dropped to 20% and crashed.

*Set your timeout at like, 10,000 or above.

*The VBALink team recommends you turn the advanced network setting from "Safer" to "Faster" for Pokémon games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back