• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

blue

gucci
Years
Uh-oh.. doesn't sound like the final starter evolutions have gone down too well, particularly Chespin's. Are they really that bad? I had a glance at Fennekin's final evolution and it looked good!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Uh-oh.. doesn't sound like the final starter evolutions have gone down too well, particularly Chespin's. Are they really that bad? I had a glance at Fennekin's final evolution and it looked good!

I'm hearing lots of bad stuff about them as well, apparently Helioptiles evo/s are a let down. Please let that not be true :(

Years

Yeah it seems like there are mixed reactions on the final evo starters, not only here but also by posts I saw on Tumblr. I think I even saw one that claimed they were the worst-looking final starter evos ever, and then again I thought they all knew 5th Gen had the worst-looking ones (I actually liked them lol, even Emboar) but I like how unique this bunch looks.

Chesnaught was the most unexpected of the bunch, some thought Delphox looked unusual, and Greninja was one I didn't like at first but at least it's not terrible and it grew on me. It's mainly the tongue scarf that I think looks weird, but at least it didn't draw me away from Team Froakie.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yeah it seems like there are mixed reactions on the final evo starters, not only here but also by posts I saw on Tumblr. I think I even saw one that claimed they were the worst-looking final starter evos ever, and then again I thought they all knew 5th Gen had the worst-looking ones (I actually liked them lol, even Emboar) but I like how unique this bunch looks.

Chesnaught was the most unexpected of the bunch, some thought Delphox looked unusual, and Greninja was one I didn't like at first but at least it's not terrible and it grew on me. It's mainly the tongue scarf that I think looks weird, but at least it didn't draw me away from Team Froakie.

What do you mean by this, without giving too much away? I really don't wanna see the evo's before release! I was thinking of choosing Chespin, but if Chesnaught isn't any good...

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019

If you are avoiding the spoilers because you want to be blown away when they are officially released or when you evolve it yourself in game, then i have to tell you that mostly you will be disappointed. So i guess you look it up yourself and decide now than be disappointed later. But again it depends on each person's taste but i guess i speak for all when i say that, they haven't quite met the expectations. They are no Gen 1 or gen 3 starters! Mostly hanging on a thin line between average and good. That said they are not bad! Certainly not as bad as the reactions that they are receiving ! It is crazy!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Fire/Psychic ->> Grass/Fighting ->> Water/Dark ->> Fire/Psychic

Seems they did the opposite from the Sinnoh starters; instead of having the dual typing counter the original type advantage, these dual typings (if correct) make the advantages even worse, haha.

Also I just saw an in-game picture of Greninja smiling. So cute. So great.

And Chesnaught has an awesome name AND an awesome look! Quilladin is somewhat derpy, but Chespin is cuteness and Chesnaught is awesomeness.

I don't have much else to say about Delphox than lol skirt/coat

@ BlueNwz, we all have our different opinions. Imo, Sceptile and Swampert were horrible. So yeah! ;)

Years
Fire/Psychic ->> Grass/Fighting ->> Water/Dark ->> Fire/Psychic

Seems they did the opposite from the Sinnoh starters; instead of having the dual typing counter the original type advantage, these dual typings (if correct) make the advantages even worse, haha.

Also I just saw an in-game picture of Greninja smiling. So cute. So great.

And Chesnaught has an awesome name AND an awesome look! Quilladin is somewhat derpy, but Chespin is cuteness and Chesnaught is awesomeness.

I don't have much else to say about Delphox than lol skirt/coat

@ BlueNwz, we all have our different opinions. Imo, Sceptile and Swampert were horrible. So yeah! ;)
Where you saw Greninja smile?

Years
Chesnaught does take the poor looks away from Quilladin if you ask me.. but in all honesty, Chesnaught looks nothing like Chespin if you ask me.

Reactions: Sun

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
Chesnaught does take the poor looks away from Quilladin if you ask me.. but in all honesty, Chesnaught looks nothing like Chespin if you ask me.
It's true that he doesn't look similar at all but we saw the same thing happen with Oshawott. People freaked out like crazy initially, but now now they've warmed up to him. I'm sure that's what'll happen to Chesnaught. Granted, there will be people who just don't like him, but the dislike for the designs are mostly just because they're new.

Years
It's true that he doesn't look similar at all but we saw the same thing happen with Oshawott. People freaked out like crazy initially, but now now they've warmed up to him. I'm sure that's what'll happen to Chesnaught. Granted, there will be people who just don't like him, but the dislike for the designs are mostly just because they're new.
Ah, that is true at how Samurott looks nothing like Oshawott :p but I see what you're saying indeed.. although I liked Chesnaught from the first time I saw it, so I guess that settles that :)

But I will say, Delphox looks cool as well, although I wish they made it (and Braixen) look a little less feminine and more gender-equivalent

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
Where you saw Greninja smile?

I saw the pic. You should check it out as well. It has a cute face but a very confusing and awkward tongue. From what i saw, it seems it has a branched tongue. There is a tongue inside its mouth which is swirled and it is branched out in a way that it comes out of his mouth and goes around his neck. It is very messy tbh. There was no need for them to go so complicated on it. But apart from its tongue it looks swell.
When it will be officially launched, its tongue will be a big talking point. Nintendo GF will have some questions to answers

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
What do you mean by this, without giving too much away? I really don't wanna see the evo's before release! I was thinking of choosing Chespin, but if Chesnaught isn't any good...

Pretty simple. The other two starters kept most of their physical traits. They are basically the same animals with just some different shapes, keeping the same concept.

However, just like Dewott became Samurott, Quilladin became Chesnaught (even though the diference between the later is a lot bigger imo). If you want to have a better idea of it, just imagine a ballon evolving into Juggernaut (I assumed you already knew that its name is Chestnut + Juggernaut. Some people say it's Chestnut + Naughty, but I don't think it makes sense. It doesn't really look naughty and it bears a strong resemblance to Juggernaut).

That's pretty much it. Many people don't like it, many people like it and many other people, including me, love it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
The designs of the final evolutions seem intriguing to me.. Greninja and Chesnaught look nothing like their original stages whilst Delphox is just a humanoid fennec fox. And if it were me to say, I'd say Delphox is the one that I like the most, looking closest to its original form.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Has anyone seen this? CLICK!!

Junichi Masuda said:
X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles.

READY. FOR. THIS. GAME.

Also apparently in one of the Kalos' dex's there's 9 spaces between Eevee and Yanma.

Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Umbreon, Espeon, Glaceon, Leafeon, Sylveon, ???? possibly a Yanma prevo, but could Yanma get anymore wimpy and gross?

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
^ I remember reading that somewhere, if this is true and all 719? are available in game, I will be sooo happy with Game Freak.

Perriechu

Years
There's no reason for it not to be true considering Masuda himself said it. :P I'm so excited!!! These next couple of days are just gonna drag, though. :(

blue

gucci
Years
It just could be a little misinterpreted that's all, either way it will be nice to see all the new 3D models of the Pokémon. I may actually be motivated enough to complete the Pokédex if all are available in the one game, saving the hassle of transferring from one game to another!

Perriechu

Years
I guess... but that guy who works for the UK magazine who got that email said the same thing, too. We'll probably know for sure in a few days. :)

Back