• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you defeat Whitney?

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2016
I picked cyndaquil as well. If I remember correctly, I just went in there and hammered it down.

I don't know the details, but I think I may have used sand attack and growl on the miltank. But I had no problems with it so I didn't really notice just what I did.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
i had a gastly and put it to sleep... FOREVER.

i thought it was pretty easy but then again i picked totodile, yay me.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
I kinda just battled her and won. I saved, in case I lost, then battled her and surprisingly won... That's what I do for all the gyms. I won on the first try with Clair, too! (And that was just yesterday...) Funny how it works out like that. I usually do that even when I think my Pokémon are too underleveled. Then, when I win, I need to train like crazy... -_-

ComedyQuest

Noob Hacker
Years
In my playthrough, I was lucky enough to find a Heracross in a headbutt tree. And after training it to learn Brick Break, it easily pwned Whitney's Miltank (a.k.a. Utter Buddy). lol

XDLugia

Secrets R found in plain sight
Years
What I did is take out clefairy quick, then yawned twice to put miltank asleep with my togepi. Then charmed it so it would have as low as an attack as possible. Then switch in my kangaskhan and finish it off with headbutt.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
Some people find that winging it works better than strategizing her defeat,

That's what I did. Frankly, I knew Whitney's reputation for her powerhouse Miltank so I came... unprepared. I remember her Miltank using Milk drink which was quite annoying, but thankfully my Mareep is female and I induced paralyz to her. Then I got Cyndaquil to flame wheel her to death. I think her Clefairy is also trouble since like I said, I was saving Mareep for Miltank.

Master Exploder

AGHHHHHHHH
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 19, 2011
I got my growlithe to use leer 3/4 times and then switched to Croconaw and ice fang'd it twice. If you have leer it really helps with this battle! :)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I used the power of Ekans, and Bayleef, and Chinchou.
T-Wave and Confuse Ray for Chinchou
Reflect for Bayleef
Then Screech for Ekans and finished off with Ekans.

Pretty easy really, I had more trouble with Bugsy.

Mark9

Toto Trainer
Years
She was easier then I remember on the original Gold, purely because I grinded my whole team up to Level 20 to make sure I didn't lose.

I tried out Noctowl first to try and hypnotise her but the Miltank had the berry that automatically woke it back up. I then tried Reflect but she managed to knock Noctowl out straight away. So Instead I went with Furret and Rock smash. Luckily each time it hit, Miltank's defense went down so after three hits she was done.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
Never had any trouble in the old games since I usually soloed with ny starter back then, in HG I used my Heracross and beat it with 2 brick breaks

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
Years
Let's see here. I'm pretty sure that all I kept using was Rock Smash with my Geodude for Miltank. Don't remember much about battling Clefairy, but I think I used my Bayleef.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I went to battle whitany..and my quilava quickly burned out her clefairy with his flamethrower( bred on my Platinum) now the miltank used arract on quilava who fell in love miltank and then wouldn't attack the miltank.

she knocked out my quilava, bayleaf( bred on platinum), croconaw and then I sentout my only female lv.15 pidgey who knocked her out with her gust.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Rollout with Sandslash LOL.
I had her on the ropes. She kept having to heal while my roll out kept getting stronger until eventual it just annihilated her.

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2010
she was hard for me since it took me like 5 times because her rollout kept hitting my typhlosion and then her attract too man it was annoying but i think i beat her when i got my typhlosion like 10 lvls stronger shes a meanie D;

Back