• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Ancient Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years

0ff11f219a5dd24c7670313eb5673570.gif

This is an outdated image simply used for cosmetic purposes.

groudon_gsc_style_overworld_by_pokemon_tiler-d5ua37h.gif
Intro:
Pokémon Ancient Emerald is a group attempt between Me, Nintendork15, and Konjiki no Yami in making a successful GBC demake of Pokemon Emerald Version, as you may have no doubt guessed. The Demake will feature the 100% accurate Emerald Storyline, plus as many features as we can recreate, probably all of them, and various post game content added on..

kyogre_gsc_style_overworld_by_pokemon_tiler-d5ua3bg.gif
Storyline:
We all know the emerald story, but here goes:
You and your Mother have moved to the Hoenn region after you Father gets a job as Petalburg City's new Gym Leader. He was told of this job by his buddy; Professor Birch, who is your neighbor, and happens to have a child the same age as you, after meeting the child, you meet the Professor in a awkward manner of being attacking by a Zigzagoon, naturally you use his Pokemon to help save the day, he gives it to you and you go off on a journey.
treecko_gsc_style_by_pokemon_tiler-d5u1s7q.png
torchic_gsc_style_by_pokemon_tiler-d5u29q5.png
mudkip_gsc_style_by_pokemon_tiler-d5u2etj.png

rayquaza_overworld_gsc_style_by_pokemon_tiler-d5u0z2n.gif
Features:

• GSC Graphics
  • All emerald exclusive features
  • Post Game Content
  • Battle Frontier
  • All 386 Pokémon obtainable
  • Day/Night Tileset Swap
  • Much more...

Screenshots:
tSIbh.jpg

w0qY7.jpg

WnbTa.jpg
P9tTi.jpg

birch_zps51634ec1.png
pokemon_ancient_emerald___sky_pillar_by_pokemon_tiler-d5u19p8.png

route_124_teaser_by_pokemon_tiler-d651nfx.png

another_look_at_diving_by_pokemon_tiler-d6565vc.png

Music
I'm currently remixing the entire soundtrack using 'gbFont' a Gameboy Styled Soundfont, I've done 12 songs so far, but I won't upload the entire soundtrack. You've gotta play the game once it's released to hear em all.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzv80mw4ys1p5or
By Downloading the songs you're also agreeing not to use them in any of your products or showcase them anywhere without mine or Pia's permission.

Team:
Varion - Mapping, Tiling, Music, Eventing
Pia Carrot - Project Leader, Spriter, Mapper, Coder, Eventing
Aisaka - Mapping, Eventing, Scripting
Catman - Graphic Ripping
Chris - Coding
CrimsonFlag - Spriting/Graphic Ripping

Downloads:
None

Banners:
GIFs
Spoiler:

PNGs
Spoiler:

Credits:
KitsuneKouta - Secret Bases
BlackNekos - Spriting
Rocka210 - Banners
Melash - Sprite reference and inspiration
Previous - Original Truck Rip
Disgerdas - Viridian City Pallettes for Custom Houses
Gamenerd Advance - Colour Pallettes for Inside the Truck Tiles.
Lockerz102 - Ruby/Brendan Overworld
M.L - Tiles
Jaagup - Undersea Tiles
Poccil/Flameguru/Maruno - Pokemon Essentials Version 11
Gamefreak - Pokemon Metal Generation
Lights - CSS

Last edited:

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Wow this games seems cool. I am going to start playing this as soon as it come out. (I thought it had a download originally but it didn't)

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
You don't see a lot of fangames with GSC-graphics nowadays. It's nice to see.
Love what you've done so far. You've really taken the RSE-graphics and turned them into the Gen II-style nicely.

Look forward to seeing more from this!

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Wow this games seems cool. I am going to start playing this as soon as it come out. (I thought it had a download originally but it didn't)

Thank you. Yeah, we won't have a download for some time, as we are still making rough-drafts of the maps, and have yet to be "proof-read" by me.

You don't see a lot of fangames with GSC-graphics nowadays. It's nice to see.
Love what you've done so far. You've really taken the RSE-graphics and turned them into the Gen II-style nicely.

Look forward to seeing more from this!

I appreciate the comment. I agree there are too few GSC fangames, and there are reasons for it. Essentials is becoming more and more geared towards newer generations, and there are few resources for making such a game. Not to mention it's a matter of preference in graphics, honestly. However, the members of VPS Productions are all Metal Gen fanboys, so we intend to see this to the end. We are all fairly experienced with Essentials and pixel art, so we are confident in our ability to finish this. Not to mention I learned the basics from our very own Cilerba way back in the day.

Last edited:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
I appreciate the comment. I agree there are too few GSC fangames, and there are reasons for it. Essentials is becoming more and more geared towards newer generations, and there are few resources for making such a game. Not to mention it's a matter of preference in graphics, honestly. However, the members of VPS Productions are all Metal Gen fanboys, so we intend to see this to the end. We are all fairly experienced with Essentials and pixel art, so we are confident in our ability to finish this. Not to mention I learned the basics from our very own Cilerba way back in the day.

Haha, Max is quite the teacher.
My first Pokémon game was actually Firered, due to the fact that I didn't have any video-games as a kid. Despite that, I've always loved the metal-generations graphics.
If you ever need any help with spriting, send me a message, I'd be glad to help out.

Good luck with the game! ;)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Is there going to be secret bases?
also this game seems really interesting and inventive, I'd like to see how its progresses, it could be a really awesome turn-out, Good luck!

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Secret bases are planned to be implemented, and I'm hoping I can contact a friend of mine to give me a broken base for the system he made ages ago (mostly because I am lazy and I don't see a point in coding minigames right now).

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
o, you've brought it here too.
Sorry, I still have no internet, but atm I've been eventing Littleroot town - Route 103.

I'll update soon.

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
Coolest idea in a while, the GSC version of Brendan, the starters, and Prof. Birch are really well done.

Good luck to you guys, biggest fan right here =P

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
I really do like the idea, something I've not often seen. The sprites look very well done, I love how Rayquazza looks in GSC style. All the sprites seem very well done, there's nothing that I can really say is wrong here, keep up the good work.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
Wow, when Evil Arms said we had gained a little fanbase here too I didn't believe him entirely, but here we are and people actually LIKE this. Thank you everyone for your support! I'm the resident "I'll work on that later" guy :P

So far I've mapped Slateport and that's it, but I'm working on some useful stuff for the rest of the team, and I'll be working on Mauville and other past the first beta maps once I'm done. We are working pretty hard on this, though a few of us are experiencing some IRL difficulties at the moment, so updates on what we are working on may be slow at the moment. The support is very much appreciated though, and we look forward to having something ready for you guys to play with!

Shiny

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
We aren't remaking his hack. If I remember correctly the name clash did come up when we were coming up with a name but went ahead with it because we liked the name. We have no affliliation with the creator of that hack, and any similarities unless stated otherwise are purely coincidental (we aren't here to rip off anyone, though that does happen all to often so I can understand your concern)

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
We aren't remaking his hack. If I remember correctly the name clash did come up when we were coming up with a name but went ahead with it because we liked the name. We have no affliliation with the creator of that hack, and any similarities unless stated otherwise are purely coincidental (we aren't here to rip off anyone, though that does happen all to often so I can understand your concern)

I think the fact that you're doing exactly the same thing as him and using the same name may qualify for ripping him off.

You also are using the exact same hair as his profession birch.
test21.png

Last edited:

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
*shrugs* if he has an issue with us using the name we'll change it. As for the concept...it's demaking a game, people come up with that stuff all the time, as with remaking. I don't think I've seen any people complaining to the creators of Shiny Gold or Liquid Crystal etc that their ideas aren't original though. I hadn't even seen that hack before I clicked that link, so I don't really know how I could be ripping him off. I can't speak for any of my fellow team members however, I have no idea if they knew of the existence of that hack (I just remembered that the name that clashed with a hack was one we decided not to use). Hopefully that clears up any issues, though I highly doubt it will.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
*shrugs* if he has an issue with us using the name we'll change it. As for the concept...it's demaking a game, people come up with that stuff all the time, as with remaking. I don't think I've seen any people complaining to the creators of Shiny Gold or Liquid Crystal etc that their ideas aren't original though. I hadn't even seen that hack before I clicked that link, so I don't really know how I could be ripping him off. I can't speak for any of my fellow team members however, I have no idea if they knew of the existence of that hack (I just remembered that the name that clashed with a hack was one we decided not to use). Hopefully that clears up any issues, though I highly doubt it will.

I'm not aiming this at you directly but at the team, you wouldn't like it if I made a game with the same name, sprites and concept as your game? As in, totally the same. Damn, the mods wouldn't even allow it.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I have cited Melash as my inspiration for this game several times on DeviantArt. However, we have no affiliation with the hack and it has been long discontinued.

I also forgot to mention I have indeed emailed him.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
No one owns the idea of demaking a game. The hack's thread was locked over 3 years ago, so I doubt there would be much confusion over which is which. Aside from the very similar Professor heads, I see no evidence of theft.

I'll give this the benefit of the doubt for now, and I'll keep an eye on it. If anyone wants to talk about the accusation or my decision, please do so in a PM.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
A major difference is that one is a hack, this one has to be made entirely from scratch; the hack already has existing scripts and things.
However, this is really a problem between the lead creators and developers; not for us to discuss here.

One thing I wanted to say was why does Birch look so angry in the intro?

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
A major difference is that one is a hack, this one has to be made entirely from scratch; the hack already has existing scripts and things.
However, this is really a problem between the lead creators and developers; not for us to discuss here.

One thing I wanted to say was why does Birch look so angry in the intro?

The matter is being taken to PM at this point. Regarding his "anger", it's more aimed to be serious, similar to Oak's intro sprite from G/S/C, which is the sprite I used as a base for Birch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back