• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm Sleepy!

Years
...well, maybe you aren't at the moment, but what are your thoughts on taking naps? Do you take naps regularly, rarely, or never?

I took a nap for the first time in quite a long while this afternoon, and it was longer than I wanted it to be for (about 90 minutes), and it inspired me to create this topic :P

After napping, do you expect to feel awake once when you wake up from a nap? And does napping help you feel more energized?

Last edited:
Years
I don't tend to sleep as much as my body is probably wanting me to. I don't want to go to bed too early so I stay up quite late and pay for it on weekdays. On the way home, I'll just be thinking 'please let me nap', but usually I can't drift off in daylight so naps are rare for me unfortunately.

Nakala Pri

Napping is over-rated. Who has time? Just sleep in and your days of constant napping (AKA, wasting time!) are over!! :D

Years
Unless I'm sick, I've never really liked taking naps. I've always found that having a nap actually makes me feel more groggy throughout the day than energized, which is why I'd rather just go to bed a little earlier than take a nap.

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
Years
I used to take lots of naps but it made me even more tired than without taking naps. So when I feel sleepy I just go sleeping earlier now.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I can't survive staying awake the entire day without taking a nap sometime during midday or afternoon, at least an hour and a half nap. Especially if I had to wake up really early for any reason. If I don't take a nap then I'll sleep early and wake up in the middle of the night, it will throw my sleeping pattern off.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
If I've been run down by a hard day at school, if I haven't gotten a great deal of sleep the previous night, or if I'm afflicted with an illness, I'll most likely have a nap.

If I don't meet any of these conditions, it's impossible for me to lay down for a few minutes without feeling the need to pace around or get up.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I take them whenever I want, and that's practically every afternoon if school's dismiss early.

I am real life snorlax after all.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I take naps if I haven't slept enough the night before. Like today. Was at work until 11:30pm last night, came home, had to take a bath (shower is not working atm) and eventually went to bed at 2am. Had to get up at 5am to leave at 6am (in 20min) to be at work around 6:15... I start at 7am, but it's the latest my dad can get me there because he works at 7am, too lol and his work is wayyy on the othhherrr side of town so he has to factor in his own travel time.

So I'll probably take a nap tonight, in all honesty, plus go to bed early.

I don't like napping, though. It shocks my stomach into feeling really, really disgusting. Can't eat and stuff; it's like my tummy is "shut down" and doesn't wake up until well after the fact :( so I try to avoid that. Plus, it startles my heart, too, and just overall makes me feel like crap instead of the nice&refreshed.

Sirfetch’d

I wasn't a huge nap person until just recently, when my horrid sleep schedule started catching up to me.(which is sleeping around 3 am and waking up at 6:30). Now I have started napping daily, however very short naps usually around an hour.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i dont take naps at all.. i dont why..but i dont like sleeping during the day

Years
I love taking naps, especially in the colder weather Australia's having right now since my bed is so cozy and warm. Sometimes I even end up going to bed so late cos of PC lol

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Despite that I love my sleep to death, I don't take naps unless I'm bored to death, which doesn't happen a lot.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't nap ever. The closest I've come to it in the last four or so months was when I had a really high fever and was drifting in and out of consciousness for a while.

Years
Naps usually break my sleeping cycle, and 7 hours per day is enough sleep for me. I can't sleep longer, but I can sleep shorter...

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I take a nap every day at around 4-5 in the afternoon. I need one when I get home from work, and it keeps me going for another few hours when I wake up. They usually last exactly an hour and a half because I'll play an episode of MST3K in the background and I always wake up at the end because I hate the ending music.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Naps are for old people, haha. That's what my mom always used to say. I never take naps unless I'm unbelievably tired from a day of working outside with surveyors or something. If I go to bed too early into the day, I always wake up at like 11pm or 12am.

Back