• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dentists

Sirfetch’d

How often do you go and see the dentist? Do you usually get a good report when you go?

I have to go later this week and am fully expecting the Floss More speech

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I... used to go twice a year for my usual checkups and then lost student insurance and haven't been back since. Someone give me a job with benefits pls.

): They would always tell me I need to floss more even when I was actually flossing so I guess I'm just bad at it. Although in fairness I think I only managed to keep up flossing properly between visits a grand total of once in my entire life sooo. They had a point, I'm sure.

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
not often

the orthodontist, however? monthly!!! i'm in tooth jail, baby, with no end in sight

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I haven't been since I got my wisdoms removed a year and a half ago lmao...

They always say that my enamel is terrible and I'm like.... yeah blame the braces for that one, darling

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
It's been a long, long time since I last went to the dentist and I remember they would give me a bad report saying I don't do a good job brushing my teeth.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
It's been longer than it should be. I do my best with my teeth in the meantime, but my last two experiences with dentists have gone very poorly. One leaving the X-Ray down my throat and leaving to go have a friendly chat with coworkers for what seemed like forever.

Years
Normally it's once every six months, and at best I come away with maybe a "keep on flossing and doing what you're doing" comment, at worst I get a report of another cavity they've been eyeing that they want to work on. The past half a year has been...a lot more active when it comes to how many times I've visited, but hopefully that's pretty much all done by now.

Years
Guys I am pretty sure the "floss more" is like a standard phrase dentists use when they can't find anything else to say so don't take it to heart too much if they throw that line at you. Yearly for me atm, don't have any real issues with my teeth but was advised to spend a bit of extra time taking care of the rear guard.

Years
I do my best to go every six months. Lately I've not had any cavity issues since I brush and floss regularly, which I'm happy about! I am terrified of more serious dental issues and dislike getting cavities filled, so I try my darnest to make sure my teeth stay good haha.

Bay

Years
Back when I was under my state medical insurance years ago I would go every six months, but then when I turned 21 I sorta stop unless I have a really bad problem lol. My last visit was over 2 years ago when I had a really bad toothache orz.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'm not particularly into going to the dentist and so try to go as little as possible, especially since I haven't had dental insurance for a few years now.

real talk tho, does anyone besides Janna floss? I don't

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I don't have to worry about them anymore, but when I did... I was deathly afraid of them. I did have one dentist in Maine who was probably one of the best I ever had. He gave me scented laughing gas and even let me watch a movie of my choice as well. <3

Spoiler:

Long spoiler trail to reveal something that I don't like to say in public. :x

Years
How often do you go and see the dentist?

When I can no longer speak through the plaque.

Do you usually get a good report when you go?

I invariably get the thoughtful wince as they try to think up a polite way of saying 'you're the suckiest flosser in the whole world'. They annihilate my gums, spray water in my eyes with a hose before trying to drown me and then give me a flossing tutorial. Insult to flipping injury. Unlike them, I like to respect my teeth's privacy and their entitlement to a nice plaque blanket to keep them warm at night.

I only started flossing when the hygienist told me to rinse and I spat out a steak.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
I used to be pretty good with keeping up with the regular checkups. But I suppose once I moved out of my house, I didn't really have anybody to push me into going.

I should really go and get them checked out however. It's been over 2 years. Although I do take care of my teeth, so I never have had this need to go. Yet.

Years
i haven't been to the dentist since like i had my wisdom teeth out (went to a dentist's office first, and then later to an oral surgeon's office)

for an actual cleaning....oh god, it's probably been since high school lmao. i DO have dental insurance thru work, but i just..don't go. I guess I should orz

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Not as often as I should... funny enough I went last month for the first time in a long time. No cavities so it was good :)

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
I try to go to the dentist/orthodontist as often as possible, but sometimes life gets in the way. Like most of everyone here, I get the usual "you need to floss more" comment, but in terms of brushing, I mostly get the "okay, at least you're doing this part well." Manual flossing is a bit of pain, with the string getting stuck in my teeth constantly and me having to yank it out (which causes it to deform a bit, making it unusable). I've tried using a WaterPik, and that's been working fine for me. I need to be more consistent with using it, though.

Back