• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious This website

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Not sure if I should tell an anecdote that makes PC seem old or me seem old. I risk doing either with either tbh.

Years
it's still insane to me that i joined this website just looking for friends to talk about pokemon with and that was a good 14 years ago. i wouldn't have believed you if you told me that i was going to stick around this place for years to come. i thought i was eventually going to get bored or leave, but life doesn't play out exactly how we think it will!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I just needed a nerdy outlet so I could be less odd IRL. It worked!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I genuinely do not believe any PC members bar Cay are under 20 at this point

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Rather, pc members under 20 use the Discord instead of forums.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
Sometimes I still can't believe I'm playing this game 21 years later. I get bored with games rather easily, but Pokemon has continued to suck me in.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I genuinely do not believe any PC members bar Cay are under 20 at this point
it's a little funny how PC went from "lol most users are not over COPPA age" to this

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I joined PC in high school and I have had a stable job for three years after finishing two bachelor degrees and a master's.

And I still have spent longer as a staff member than a regular user despite having been out for 5 years.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
Man can't believe I've been on this website for so long

I was gone for... a while, or at least an on and off member and then returned permanently in like. 2016 I think? But I'm glad for the friendships I've made here and whatnot.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I joined PC in high school and I have had a stable job for three years after finishing two bachelor degrees and a master's.

And I still have spent longer as a staff member than a regular user despite having been out for 5 years.

You know, that's an interesting observation. I joined in 2011 and was modded in '13. Meaning I've spent six years here on staff and only two as a regular member.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I joined at the later age of 17, and now I'm 19. It's interesting to go back and find topics that were created when I was about 3 years old.

Back