• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khawill

<3
Years
I don't really know what I'm interested in. Whatever that's the latest is fine with me. I'd rather join in one of the 'sandbox types' as I'm not confident with the concept of this whole thing yet. I've already read through the rules in the New People thread, so I know more or less on what to do and what not to do. :) Um, I don't think you've missed out on anything..? Thank you very much! I'll see what I can do, and will get back to you if I have any questions/doubts.

The following are sandbox RPs: Peacekeeper's Academy (New), Pokemon: Fallout (Veteran), Pokemon: Revolution (New), Pokemon Trainer's Academy (Veteran), Pokemon: The Walking Dead (Very New, not started), Sword Art Online: Infinity Edition (New)

Those are just the ones I am in, there may be others, but all these RPs have good GMs

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
What do you mean? SV has ALWAYS been an rp! It's common sense to vote for it. :)

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
Hey there everyone!

I recently started up my own RP and I'm looking for more participants to partake in it. I know it's a little long in explaining everything but it's a really fun concept I've had for awhile and I've been wanting to play out the plot for a long time now. It is a semi-sandbox style RP, a Pokemon journey type of RP with an additional plot that will present itself as the game moves along. I'm fairly lenient with what people can do in the RP as long as it is rational and fair to other players.

I'm also willing to work with any new or inexperienced RPers who may be interested and I'll help others out if they need it, including giving tips and suggestions as to how to improve your character. I still need a few positions filled before I can start the RP but openings will still be available to anyone who can put up a great sign-up.

Here it is: P3K Kanto: Varidia Ranger Corps

There are also elements where a player's own ideas and creativity can influence the plot, so it should be a lot of fun!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Supervegeta is so awesome, he is his own RP?
What do you mean? SV has ALWAYS been an rp! It's common sense to vote for it. :)
It's the best place to be, and don't forget to visit the altar of Supervegeta while you're at it. Supervegeta loves worship.

Now, onto something exciting...

A new Roleplay is in the works!

I'm in the process of brewing up an idea of mine; a zombie-like survival RP that will run in a sandbox-style, much like Pokemon Trainer Academy and Pokemon Fallout. Players will be trapped in a city filled with hostile beings that will probably be very similar to zombies. Now, to improve this idea, I'd like to hear some feedback. What do you think would make this a fun game?

• Should players be trainers with Pokemon, or play /as/ Pokemon?
  • Should the zombies be Pokemon, or people, maybe both? What about something new entirely?
  • What would be a great Pokemon-world City or Town to be trapped in?
  • Should the game have occasional events to keep things interesting, or should it be left up to the player?
  • What could be added to spark interest and cause you to join?
  • Is there anything you're hoping to do or see in this game?

Thank you, and know that your feedback is important.

~Wolf

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi everyone. I've been looking around this area and think I would like to try out my hand at role playing. The thing is, I don't know where or how to start and I don't have any experience in these type of things. Anyone out here able to help? Thanks.

SYNERJEEE welcome to the RP cornerr <3

Follow the advice Sweet Dreams provided you, and you'll be on your way. The RPers are really nice and we sure have some roleplays open. In fact, I can recommend you some roleplays for you to join...for best exploration and personal character development. :D

Hey there everyone!

I recently started up my own RP and I'm looking for more participants to partake in it. I know it's a little long in explaining everything but it's a really fun concept I've had for awhile and I've been wanting to play out the plot for a long time now. It is a semi-sandbox style RP, a Pokemon journey type of RP with an additional plot that will present itself as the game moves along. I'm fairly lenient with what people can do in the RP as long as it is rational and fair to other players.

I'm also willing to work with any new or inexperienced RPers who may be interested and I'll help others out if they need it, including giving tips and suggestions as to how to improve your character. I still need a few positions filled before I can start the RP but openings will still be available to anyone who can put up a great sign-up.

Here it is: P3K Kanto: Varidia Ranger Corps

There are also elements where a player's own ideas and creativity can influence the plot, so it should be a lot of fun!

I'm very limited on roleplaying right now...so hopefully when this is active in December I can join. I love the concept though!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
SYNERJEEE welcome to the RP cornerr <3

Follow the advice Sweet Dreams provided you, and you'll be on your way. The RPers are really nice and we sure have some roleplays open. In fact, I can recommend you some roleplays for you to join...for best exploration and personal character development. :D

Hey Megan! :D Thanks for the welcome! I've already put in an SU in one of the roleplays. Hope I get the part~! What can you recommend me? xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Sword Art Online and Pokemon Trainer Academy are two good beginner-friendly roleplays for you to join in! I believe Swifty has a couple spots open for the SAO roleplay, and I'm not sure if my spot at PTA has been filled since I dropped out of the RP. xD

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Sword Art Online and Pokemon Trainer Academy are two good beginner-friendly roleplays for you to join in! I believe Swifty has a couple spots open for the SAO roleplay, and I'm not sure if my spot at PTA has been filled since I dropped out of the RP. xD

I see. The one I put in an SU was for the Pokemon Trainer Academy actually! I just went for the one that looked the most popular and the most fun. xD Hmm perhaps I shall view the others as well, but I won't join them yet. Let me get used to having one role first..if I manage to get in, that is. :P

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
There are currently quite a handful of spots at PTA, as I just recently purged somewhere between 6-8 members for inactivity. Not gonna deny that we do what we do very well, but there's certainly something to be said for variety in terms of the roleplays you join. There's so many different kinds and so many experiences to be had. I'd recommend looking around to see if you might enjoy a second or third RP at the least. That all depends on how much you can handle.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
People! A rare instance just occurred! I, Mr. Mammoth have actually posted here instead of just lurking around like a creepy person!

In any case, I just wanted to pose a question. How do people here feel about RPs with Fakemon in them? I was just wondering since I haven't seen much RPs with Fakemon at all. There was one, however I don't think that it got far enough to include them.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
How do people here feel about RPs with Fakemon in them? I was just wondering since I haven't seen much RPs with Fakemon at all. There was one, however I don't think that it got far enough to include them.
It depends on the quality and the lore behind them. If it's a low quality one then it'd definitely deter me from joining the RP, I was the same way about hacks, really.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I'm with machomuu on that one. It takes a long time to come up with Fakemon; especially good ones. In almost every case, real Pokémon would be better and easier. I do remember one roleplay, though, where you were able to capture real animals that were monster-ized — it was New World Order, aspie3000's roleplay.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I agree, if you want Fakémon, you gotta put the effort. The kind of lore you want has to be on par with Raikiri and Supervegeta's Hyrus (though they removed their front page so I can't show you an example). You gotta go ALL OUT. It's not an overnight thing. It's a three month project that you gotta be patient with.

Khawill

<3
Years
1. When writing a fiction how do you decide gender? Is it ever symbolic, is it random, or is it whatever yours is?

2. What about side characters? Is there always a certain amount of characters of a certain gender or do you also make this random?

3. Finally my question: How would one go about keeping gender anonymous? I don't want to tell the exact gender of the main character.

(I posted this in the Fanfic area as well as it seems relevant in both threads)

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
1. When writing a fiction how do you decide gender? Is it ever symbolic, is it random, or is it whatever yours is?

It's pretty much random. I either think of it along with the personality, or after it — that's what it depends on, really, rather than any sort of symbolism. I don't like putting myself into my character enough to actually think it stands for something unless it doesn't actually relate to myself; things like politics or the state of the world, and that's still a stretch. I may, however, base a character off someone I know in real life.

2. What about side characters? Is there always a certain amount of characters of a certain gender or do you also make this random?

It's still random for me; generally it's a "what works best for this" situation. If there are more guys, or more girls, so be it. It's not like anyone really cares about ratio as long as the difference isn't glaringly obvious, or the characters aren't well-developed.

3. Finally my question: How would one go about keeping gender anonymous? I don't want to tell the exact gender of the main character.

Either don't use "he" or "she", or use both. Note that this only works in dialogue, where two people could see the same person as different sexes. If you're trying to keep it anonymous to the reader or the character is actually androgynous or neutrois, use "they" or one of the various gender-neutral pronouns available.

In roleplaying, this isn't going to be possible, since the character sheet kind of has to dictate their sex a good 99.999% of the time. You have to make sure the other players don't have a third person omniscient perspective going on in their posts, so at least their characters aren't sure about your character's sex. Tell them through VMs or PMs (no one likes being publicly called out), "No one's supposed to know [name] is a [sex]," and they should be polite enough to make their characters act confused about whether yours is male or female/androgyne/transgender.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Hello everyone!

I've been trying to focus on school lately, but my RP addiction is starting to call me back to the site.

Are there any active, yet slow and informal RPs I could take part in?

I don't want to sign up for something more serious because finals will start soon enough, but I still want to have something to write, from time to time.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Just a reminder to everyone to make sure to post your nominations in the Roleplay Awards! As this is a once a season event, if you miss out now, you won't be able to get your votes in until February! And that's a whole new season of roleplays!

Click me for a handy link!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yeah, I'm working on those, ma'am! :D

School is gonna die down for me in three weeks, and earlier tonight I got an idea for a roleplay. Anyone into Super Smash Bros? :D I'm working on it slowly since I'm being brutally hammered by homework. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back