• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shocks and Volts: Electric-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Hello! :3

Preferred Username: Kokocat
Partner Pokemon: Heliolisk

Heliolisk's Moveset

Surf
Volt Switch
Dark Pulse
Thunderbolt

Current Discussion Question:

I'm not that bothered by the lack of pokemon... I'm more bothered by not having more bulky pokemon or some more interesting type combinations. (I really wanted a electric/ghost, electric/fighting or electric/dark)...

Welcome to the club. No Parabolic Charge, Eerie Impulse or Bulldoze for Heliolisk? Otherwise a good move set though. I wanted Shinx and its evolutions to be reclassified as Electric/Dark, as they look part Dark and have Dark moves as well. Hopefully they'll do that in generation VII. Rotom is already Electric/Ghost in its normal form, but there is not yet an Electric/Fighting type.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
What type would you love to see paired with Electric that hasn't been done before and why?
A Fighting-type Electric Pokémon would be interesting because I want to know how will they fit on the playstyle, is it attacking head-to-head or using special moves.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
What type would you love to see paired with Electric that hasn't been done before and why?
A Fighting-type Electric Pokémon would be interesting because I want to know how will they fit on the playstyle, is it attacking head-to-head or using special moves.

Probably a real combatant type Pokemon, one that attacks head-to-head like you said. It would definitely have most if not all of the punch moves, especially Thunder Punch. It would be super effective against Normal, Rock, Steel, Ice, Dark and Water. Would not be effective against Fairy, Psychic, Flying (to a degree, unless Electric moves were used on Flying types), Ghost or Ground. All the other types would damage it normally. I'm not sure what an Electric/Fighting type would look like.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Preferred username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokémon: Pichu.

I'm not exactly sure if they've introduced a dragon/electric Pokémon yet, but they probably haven't. If they do, though, then I think it would be pretty awesome. I could imagine this Pokémon looking sort of like Zapdos, but with a bigger body. Competitive-wise, I think it could be fast and hard-hitting. If there's already a electric/dragon Pokémon, then it'd be nice to see another. Aside from that, I'd like it if they'd given us a electric and fighting Pokémon, too. :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokémon: Pichu.

I'm not exactly sure if they've introduced a dragon/electric Pokémon yet, but they probably haven't. If they do, though, then I think it would be pretty awesome. I could imagine this Pokémon looking sort of like Zapdos, but with a bigger body. Competitive-wise, I think it could be fast and hard-hitting. If there's already a electric/dragon Pokémon, then it'd be nice to see another. Aside from that, I'd like it if they'd given us a electric and fighting Pokémon, too. :)

Welcome to the club. Pichu is a cutie. I haven't used him much, in either the Pokemon games or SSBM, he gets taken out too easily. They have already introduced 2 Pokemon with both of those combinations, that being:

Zekrom
Zekrom.png

and

Mega Ampharos
Mega_Ampharos-X-and-Y.jpg

What kind of creature would an Electric/Fighting type be? I can't think of anything they haven't used yet.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oh, right, I totally forgot about those two. xD Like I said though, it would still be nice if they'd introduced a new dragon/electric-type; we don't have too many of those unfortunately, so, yeah, it would be really nice. As for the electric/fighting Pokémon, I'm not exactly sure what kind of creature it'd be based after, but... perhaps it could look similar to Machoke, Lucario, Golurk, or any other humanoid Pokémon?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Here is all 3 of my Electric teams

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years

I'd like to see Electric get paired with Dark, many people wanted Luxray to be part-Dark but they missed the opportunity when it was revealed as pure Electric. There could be so many awesome design ideas that could stem from this typing, so yeah I'm hoping it gets done in 7th Generation.

Years

Electric/dark! Like Hikari said, I was really upset Luxray wasn't at least part dark; would've made a lot of sense and certainly been fitting. So I'm hoping for a really cool electric/dark mon in the future and have quite high hopes since there is so much they could do with that idea. What do you guys think of this fan design? It's one of my favorite concepts of an elec/dark. Kind of an outside-the-box idea. :o

Spoiler:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years

Electric/dark! Like Hikari said, I was really upset Luxray wasn't at least part dark; would've made a lot of sense and certainly been fitting. So I'm hoping for a really cool electric/dark mon in the future and have quite high hopes since there is so much they could do with that idea. What do you guys think of this fan design? It's one of my favorite concepts of an elec/dark. Kind of an outside-the-box idea. :o

Spoiler:

I quite like that Electric/Dark evolutionary chain. The last one looks like one of those tall punk kids I went to school with who'd dress in all black.

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
I'm so in.

Preferred username: Karzahni
Partner Pokémon: Luxray
Pick a 6-Pokémon Electric-type team:
Spoiler:

Which Electric-type is the best to use offensively? Rotom Wash. One weakness and the ability to play a tank, troll, or special sweeper. Or even a combination or two or more. Diversity weighs more than doing one thing super well.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I'm so in.

Preferred username: Karzahni
Partner Pokémon: Luxray
Pick a 6-Pokémon Electric-type team:
Spoiler:

Which Electric-type is the best to use offensively? Rotom Wash. One weakness and the ability to play a tank, troll, or special sweeper. Or even a combination or two or more. Diversity weighs more than doing one thing super well.

Welcome to the club. I like your team, seems almost hard to take down just by looking at who you have and what moves they have. Wash Rotom gets on my nerves, as do all the other Rotom forms. They're hard to take down unless you have the right Pokemon and the right move(s) at the proper time. My Rotom gets taken down too easily for some reason, no matter which form I put him in.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Which Electric-type is the best to use offensively?
I find Electivire to be quite a good battler. Its offenses are decent, and thanks to its Motor Drive ability, it immediately gets its Speed raised after it gets struck by an electric attack. After that, it could start sweeping your opponent. Thundurus is also pretty good. It should be able to wipe out your opponent's entire team single-handedly after one Nasty Plot. Dangerous, haha.

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Yay! :D

Rotom's main problem is how tricky it can be to use and how it doesn't cover its weaknesses very well. There's times when I need a sweeper Rotom, but I can't really do that with my set (though it does hit hard with SE). I think the main problem people have is using a Scarf set. You have to know when to use Trick and when to start sweeping. Rotom is mainly a hit-and-run Pokemon.

Electivire is pretty amazing. It's got a good movepool, and can function as a mixed sweeper so well. I prefer a Physical set with Earthquake, but my team up there needed the extra fire-power, and mixed sweeper is actually really good. A lot of people predict a Scarfed set, which is just amazing.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I think one of the best Electric-type to use offensively is Zapdos. I like to use Rain Dance to give Zapdos a sure chance of connecting with Thunder. Drill Peck is another move I've given my Zapdos and it does a fair amount of damage. Its stats are pretty good and it only has 2 weaknesses (Rock and Ice).

Tynamo and its evolutionary line are good too. No weaknesses because Levitate takes away its sole weakness to Ground-types. It can learn a good array of Electric moves, some causing paralysis, and can use Coil to increase its power.

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Eleketross can also get Aqua Tail, which further adds to the ways it can counter Ground-types. I like a mixed set, since its got the HP stat to be bulky and versatility to pull it off.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Eleketross can also get Aqua Tail, which further adds to the ways it can counter Ground-types. I like a mixed set, since its got the HP stat to be bulky and versatility to pull it off.

Mine has Aqua Tail. I like using Coil once or twice, then striking with Aqua Tail, it being a fast paced move and does a lot of damage.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I think one of the best Electric-type to use offensively is Zapdos. I like to use Rain Dance to give Zapdos a sure chance of connecting with Thunder. Drill Peck is another move I've given my Zapdos and it does a fair amount of damage. Its stats are pretty good and it only has 2 weaknesses (Rock and Ice).

Oh, right, Zapdos. How can I forget? xD" I used to have one of those on my team when I first started off competitive battling; it was great. It could be utilized either offensively or defensively--any way you want. You never have to worry about its health; since it has access to Roost, it could recover itself whenever it wishes.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Oh, right, Zapdos. How can I forget? xD" I used to have one of those on my team when I first started off competitive battling; it was great. It could be utilized either offensively or defensively--any way you want. You never have to worry about its health; since it has access to Roost, it could recover itself whenever it wishes.

Zapdos is fun to use in Pokemon Showdown. Give it Leftovers to heal its HP, and give it a move set that includes Electric and Flying moves. Rain Dance helps too. Mine has Thunder, Rain Dance, Drill Peck and Zap Cannon. It does have its downsides though, it can't take on Ground-types with anything except Drill Peck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back