• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
I am using the VBA-M SVN1149.
When I play the game in fullscreen there isn't nearly as much eye candy as when I play it in small screen. I know this is because the sprites and tiles are low res but can you suggest the best setting on the emulator for best graphics?

Years
I am using the VBA-M SVN1149.
When I play the game in fullscreen there isn't nearly as much eye candy as when I play it in small screen. I know this is because the sprites and tiles are low res but can you suggest the best setting on the emulator for best graphics?
I use the best settings of screen size as 1x, Sound off, Game boy checked and colours as Game Boy Colours

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2013
Hm..I've just defeated the Lauren league - and I go to the train station to go to the world championships but apparently I don't have a Ticket. Where can I grab one?

Years
Hm..I've just defeated the Lauren league - and I go to the train station to go to the world championships but apparently I don't have a Ticket. Where can I grab one?
Talk with ASH KETCHUM in your hometown and he will give you the ticket. He is standing beside Arceus's statue. Now go to the Central city for train station

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
NVM repatching fixed it,
also the 2nd trainer in Groment Mines talks about his strong GOLEM but he has 4 pokemon none of which is a GOLEM(just a minor error)

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
so is it possible to evolve eevee into espeon? or is the clock still bugged
Its still bugged.
A tile error in Groment Mines
The barrel to the left of where I'm standing in the pic also has this error.
also the 2nd trainer in Groment Mines talks about his strong GOLEM but he has 4 pokemon none of which is a GOLEM(just a minor error)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2013
Its still bugged.
A tile error in Groment Mines
The barrel to the left of where I'm standing in the pic also has this error.

so is it hopeless to try to get an espeon then? that sucks lol oh well

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Very good hackgame. Finished it today with lv.65 pokes.
But I have 2 questions.

-Is there any way to get a Deino? since there are a lot of vs.Zweilious battles, I thought on getting one, but is nowhere to be seen.
-Is there a way to get the other Sinnoh starters or another Axew or the other pokes who are placed in the 25 free spaces?(Don't ask me how i know)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Very good hackgame. Finished it today with lv.65 pokes.
But I have 2 questions.

-Is there any way to get a Deino? since there are a lot of vs.Zweilious battles, I thought on getting one, but is nowhere to be seen.
-Is there a way to get the other Sinnoh starters or another Axew or the other pokes who are placed in the 25 free spaces?(Don't ask me how i know)
Deino is available as gift Pokémon from Zero in Torn World.
25 free spaces don't matter, the Pokémon you get as gift are available only once.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Deino is available as gift Pokémon from Zero in Torn World.
25 free spaces don't matter, the Pokémon you get as gift are available only once.

Zero in torn world... you mean BEFORE the battle w/Giratina?
Dang, then maybe I lost that poke.
Is there a way to get to the Torn world after that? (If that's the case)

I said the thing of the free spaces, because it amazed me that anybody actually used them.
That added a +5 in the awesomeness rank of this hack.

Last edited:
Years
Now that I finally got it working on my PSP, time to play this :) . Will report bugs if I find any.

EDIT: Level 4 Venipede gives 217 exp. Just finished the first trainer and I'm level 10, is it supposed to be that way?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
I've having this issue for a while ^^;

For some reason whenever I try to patch the English patch onto a Ruby rom, I get light Platinum, but only in Spanish. I have tried this many times and I can't get the English version for some reason.

I hope that this isn't a repeat question :(

Years
I've having this issue for a while ^^;

For some reason whenever I try to patch the English patch onto a Ruby rom, I get light Platinum, but only in Spanish. I have tried this many times and I can't get the English version for some reason.

I hope that this isn't a repeat question :(

You can try patching it with the IPS file from Snakebyte's post.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2013
Now that I finally got it working on my PSP, time to play this :) . Will report bugs if I find any.

EDIT: Level 4 Venipede gives 217 exp. Just finished the first trainer and I'm level 10, is it supposed to be that way?

hey... could you please help me out as to how you did that? i just joined the site to ask you lol, anyways i have the complete english version on GPSPkai on my psp that i can play, but when something starts to evolve the game crashes... do you have any help you could offer?...

Back