View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2013 (1:22 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KittenKoder View Post
    Well, to access the buttons comfortably you do have to hold it in your hand for most games, though I prop mine up on the desk or lap most often when I do this, if the system was any larger I would be unable to play for more than 30 minutes before discomfort set in, due to the stretching in weird ways to gain access too the buttons. I have an XL, but the regular one felt too cramped for me so I went with the XL. Thus size is the primary concern with how comfortable it is, not just because of the weight, which can impact comfort, but also the reaching for the buttons. The system is, essentially, an elaborated gamepad.
    Of course, you are holding the system in your hands (though as a professional couch potato oh how I wish for voice command interfaces), but even so, if you hold the system closer to your chest, the strain on your muscles will be greatly reduced, whether the console is propped up on something or not.

Also, I agree with your assessment of the placement of all the buttons on the system. If the buttons are too cramped together, that could also cause further discomfort. The placement of the buttons on the XL are such that whether you have a small hand or a larger hand, you shouldn't have difficulties using them.

The success of their larger portable consoles probably directly influenced their design for the controller of the Wii U (a system which I wasn't too impressed with and didn't get).

1693-4093-6753
    Normal Safari
    Lillipup / Audino / Ditto

"...many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi