• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
That's actually pretty nice idea, but I would do it not on last movie you saw in theatre, but overall on movie of player's choice.

Also, maybe it would be interesting idea to ban some types in different genres.

Well, if we were to use the type restriction/ban for this challenge, the some Pokémon won't fit each of the film genres. The idea is to use a Pokémon on the team that has a specific theme/motif to one movie genre. For example, gardevoir is based on a dancer and would go well with the musical/dance film genre. But, since gardevoir is part psychic and fairy type, then it won't fit the science fiction film genre because of its fairy type (fairy types represents magic in general and science fiction often dominates over magic).

Years
It would be cool to have a challenge using animal classes, plus other categories that don't fit in them. For example:

Mammals, Reptiles, Birds, Fish & Amphibians, Arthropoda & Other Invertebrates, Plants & Fungi aaaand Inorganic.

Amphibians and Fish are together cause there are few amphibians, and fish usually can't be caught early in the games. Plants and Fungi are together because there are few fungi.
Human-like Pokémon could be considered Mammals, or could form another group.

Each class would have a list of Pokémon allowed. I think it would be fun.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ I think that used to be a challenge years ago, but no one's made it since. If you want, you should write it up and submit it. :)

Years
How about a dual type stackup challenge.It will be much like the monotype challenge but here you'll have to choose two types instead of one and you can either stackup pokemons having both types or take pokemon having any one type amongst the two if it's a single type pokemon. If you guys like the idea, I'll make the challenge thread tonight.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
hasnt been an event since last halloween. i mean before that we had the anniversary, the resolution one and one for halloween the previous year (2015)

i mean i don't want to nag but i enjoy these challenges that are more unique than "use one type of pokemon" or "use one pokemon" or "you are restricted based on a house you choose from a show half of you probably havent seen"

heck with easter coming up now's as good a time as any

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I had an event I was planning with some mods of another area here to do as a sort of collab, but it ended up falling through because we were all just too busy at the time and never got the details ironed out. I have been thinking about getting back with them on it recently though. I'm well aware we haven't had an event in a long time and I'd like to change that. And even then, it doesn't necessarily have to be Easter oriented, though holidays are usually easy to plan around, haha.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I will try to get that collab going with the other mods if possible, but in the mean time, would anyone be interested in something like the Stadium Arcadium a few years ago? Where you complete tasks in-game to build points and such? Or would you guys prefer something along the typical format of playing through the whole game with certain restrictions? We're long overdue for an event and I will take full responsibility for it.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I'd prefer the earning points one, it's interesting and different than what usually goes on here.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's what I was thinking for the most part. And then I was planning a team for Sun in a Discord channel and someone called it a beach party and it totally hit me that we could do something summery themed for this one? Though winning points doesn't necessarily have to tie into anything; we could just have it basically be stadium arcadium 2 soon and do a beach party thing when summer time hits.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
On a side note, y'all should help me. :( I can't decide on a challenge to do? I was thinking about Ghost monotype on Sun bc I already started it and picked Rowlet (I mean I've barely done a thing, it's not too late to sign up for something) but I'm not feelin most of the other Ghost types in the game. I considered Grass but eh. Then I also considered Normal or Dark for HGSS but I'm not sure there either. send help lol

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
On a side note, y'all should help me. :( I can't decide on a challenge to do? I was thinking about Ghost monotype on Sun bc I already started it and picked Rowlet (I mean I've barely done a thing, it's not too late to sign up for something) but I'm not feelin most of the other Ghost types in the game. I considered Grass but eh. Then I also considered Normal or Dark for HGSS but I'm not sure there either. send help lol

Monosize :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Is it ok to do like... A challenge for you and your friend? Say we want to twin our playthroughs by catching the same pokémon or something, but we feel like doing a log between the two of us rather than post in a mega-thread. Could we put that in the Challenge Logs section?

Years
I'm posting here the classification I did for the Biological Classes challenge I intend to post, so people can criticize something if they want, and maybe I'll change something if the critic is right.

Because Mew gave birth to all types of Pokémon, it is in all classes.
If Arceus is God, and God is nature, then Arceus also belongs to all classes.

Mammals
Spoiler:

Reptiles
Spoiler:

Birds
Spoiler:

Fish & Amphibians
Spoiler:

Arthropoda & Other Invertebrates
Spoiler:

Plants & Fungi
Spoiler:

Inorganic
Spoiler:

Myths & Unclassifiable
Spoiler:

Humanshape
Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Looks pretty awesome, Piloswine! Are you gonna submit it? 8)

Is it ok to do like... A challenge for you and your friend? Say we want to twin our playthroughs by catching the same pokémon or something, but we feel like doing a log between the two of us rather than post in a mega-thread. Could we put that in the Challenge Logs section?

Yes ma'am!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
So I was looking through old challenged bc I had an idea and wanted to check whether it had been done. Turns out someone else had a similar idea and executed it much better than I would of here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=365891

The only thing is the challenge was locked. If I want to do this challenge can I repost this challenge here if I give credit to the original poster?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So I was looking through old challenged bc I had an idea and wanted to check whether it had been done. Turns out someone else had a similar idea and executed it much better than I would of here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=365891

The only thing is the challenge was locked. If I want to do this challenge can I repost this challenge here if I give credit to the original poster?

Yes, you're more than welcome to do so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back