• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I totally do not understand this

Years
  • Age 72
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
I have been doing the 1 star raids solo since the new gyms started, basically as there seems to be no one around even for the higher level raids. Anyway here is my dilema.

On first raid in the first week I was allocated around 60 seconds even on a 2 star raid, but has time has gone by, this allocation has been slowly decreasing. Was then around 52 to 55 seconds, last week I noticed this dropped to around 42 to 45 seconds. Now it is 32 to 35 seconds.

At this rate no way I will be able to enter a raid as there will be not enough time!!

I have been searching to try and find a reason for this but come across brick wall. Does anyone know why or indeed if any have experinced the same.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm... do you have your clock set with automatic timezone? That's the only thing I can think of that may stuff with the timers. Maybe reinstall/uninstall if that doesn't work?

Years
  • Age 72
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
Just cchecked the setting on Galaxy s7 Automatic date and time was not enabled. I will try uninstalling

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh awesome, yeah tick automatic date and time - that should solve the issue for you :)

Years
  • Age 72
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
Oh!! I misunderstood you thinking it should be disabled oh lol. Ok switching that on

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
All good :) Check out your next raid and see if that helps - I remember it was giving me problems and it's something they don't mention. Even if people already had it switched on it helps to switch on and off, generally, from what I've seen.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
GPS delivers the time for automatic time and date, it needs to be in sync by the millisecond for GPS to work precisely, so it makes sense for the phone to use that data.

So i guess your phone has been accumulating more and more seconds in time delay as it relied on the far less precise internal quartz clock.

That being said, often you get up to 5 seconds less due to server lag, and you cannot really trust the last 10 seconds you have due to server lag, so you should aim to defeat the boss before the last 10 seconds start.

Keep in mind that if you used a raid pass for a raid, you can try as often as you like, you cannot try again if the time for the raid runs out or if you defeat the boss. If you fail and there is still time, heal up and try again, no further raid pass required.

Years
  • Age 72
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
All good :) Check out your next raid and see if that helps - I remember it was giving me problems and it's something they don't mention. Even if people already had it switched on it helps to switch on and off, generally, from what I've seen.

Thank you thank you Forever I think that has done the trick just done a 2 star raid on my own I was allocated 175 seconds!! Never had that much time before. I got and caught an Exeggutor!

Back