• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
Agreed with Magmaruby. There is no real prediction factor you can take into account when it comes to GF's deciding what gets an evo (look at Porygon2). Also, there's nothing that tells me that what you (Pinkie-Dawn) say is the "rule" of getting an evo, so I can want a new evo all I want because there is a possibility it could happen.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Agreed with Magmaruby. There is no real prediction factor you can take into account when it comes to GF's deciding what gets an evo (look at Porygon2). Also, there's nothing that tells me that what you (Pinkie-Dawn) say is the "rule" of getting an evo, so I can want a new evo all I want because there is a possibility it could happen.

Prediction factors do exist, not just on Pokemon, but also on everything else irl. The point about models is to allow us to understand, explain, and predict what will happen from a logical standpoint based on years of research from past events, and GF's methods on Pokemon pre-evos/evos are no exception. We can't blindly pick which Pokemon should have an evolution without proper research on the pokemon in question, or else we'll be solely disappointed, or flat out despise the game altogether, if that wish didn't come true. I have seen this before with other games with huge rosters.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Prediction factors do exist, not just on Pokemon, but also on everything else irl. The point about models is to allow us to understand, explain, and predict what will happen from a logical standpoint based on years of research from past events, and GF's methods on Pokemon pre-evos/evos are no exception. We can't blindly pick which Pokemon should have an evolution without proper research on the pokemon in question, or else we'll be solely disappointed, or flat out despise the game altogether, if that wish didn't come true. I have seen this before with other games with huge rosters.

Stats do not matter when it comes to evolving Pokemon. The Eviolite does not matter in evolving Pokemon. If Gamefreak wants to evolve anything then they will. There is little logic in Pokemon predictions. A camerupt evolution is as possible as Pachirisu getting an evolution or Stunfisk or Eevee. If they wanted to give Shuckle an evolution, they will. There are no factors outside of legend status that prevents future chances for evolution. The only other thing that hasn't been broken yet is stone evolution. Gamefreak can still break it this gen. Won't make sense but they will if they want to.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Besides IF the evolite really stands in GF's way of evolving a Pokémon they could always removed it (items have vanished between generations before).
Also on the topic of models as I've said we've had at least one 465+ evolve every even generation so one could say that's a model for gen 6.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I agree to xander. Gf will do wtevr it likes. They can evolve shuckle and make shuckle ****ing more defensive. But gf would make some pkmns that would counter evolite shuckle.
Same fr sableye. Gf make evolite sableye, on the other hand, they will make counters for it (like an ability that makes a pkmn immune to status ailments.)

Rayquaza 97

Draco Meteor.
Years
I'm pretty sure a Sableye evo is on the cards. A Sableye is shown next to pikachu on the poster of the Extremespeed Genesect movie coming up. Usually when a main character in the anime catches a previous gen pokemon it means they'll be getting an evo (with the expection of Dawns Cyndaquill as it was to promote HGSS) Ash caught an Aipom in a movie before Gen 4 and that was because it got an evolution.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Or they could just have a Sableye pre-evolution, and it wouldn't affect too much.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm pretty sure a Sableye evo is on the cards. A Sableye is shown next to pikachu on the poster of the Extremespeed Genesect movie coming up. Usually when a main character in the anime catches a previous gen pokemon it means they'll be getting an evo (with the expection of Dawns Cyndaquill as it was to promote HGSS) Ash caught an Aipom in a movie before Gen 4 and that was because it got an evolution.

Aipom was caught after the Kanto's Festival while Ash was taking on the Battle Frontier. Not a movie.

May was also the representative for 4th Gen when she caught Munchlax in Kanto. With Dawn getting Cyndaquil, this breaks the fairly non-existent pattern set in the anime. There are never exceptions set, if there is an exception then the pattern has been broken and isn't relevant.

From the video that was shown Sableye was a native to the area instead and was just playing with Ash's team. He may be the Plusel/Minun of this movie seeing as Mewtwo and Sylveon are the Gen 6 targets for this movie set.

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
Years
Pokemon that I see potential in getting pre/evolution:

Jynx- Evolution
Tauros- Preevolution/Evolution
New Tyrogue Evolution
Pinsir- Evolution
Lapras- Preevolution/evolution
Sudowoodo- Evolution

There's a few others, but those are the main ones I would like to see. ^^ (yes most from Gen One, but they are the one's that make since)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Pokemon that I see potential in getting pre/evolution:
Jynx- Evolution
New Tyrogue Evolution
Pinsir- Evolution
Lapras- Preevolution/evolution
Sudowoodo- Evolution

Giving Jynx an Evolution would make sense, since Magmar and Electabuzz got one in Gen IV. If Pinsir and Sudowoodo get an Evo, then so should Mr. Mime and Heracross imo, since they kinda go together. Tyrogue getting a new evolution sounds really interesting, would love to see that :D

Rayquaza 97

Draco Meteor.
Years
Aipom was caught after the Kanto's Festival while Ash was taking on the Battle Frontier. Not a movie.

May was also the representative for 4th Gen when she caught Munchlax in Kanto. With Dawn getting Cyndaquil, this breaks the fairly non-existent pattern set in the anime. There are never exceptions set, if there is an exception then the pattern has been broken and isn't relevant.

Sorry:3c I knew it was around that time but couldn't remember when specifically. With Munchlax he was unveiled in all sorts of media, most notably X D. Also I distinctly remember there being a Bonsly in that game. I also remember Tracey having a Marill that killed of the Pikablu rumours, and Misty had a Togepi. I know it's pretty inconsistent but I can see a pattern there.

Last edited:

Years
That "Leak" of the starters is most likely fake as they look like fakemon I've seen around, especially Froakie's evolution. Also they just look like larger versions of the starters, more so than any other previous starter line.

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
i have to agree with Magmaruby, they do seem pretty fake for obvious reasons.
I wonder when we will finally see some official new pokemon...

Years
Hopefully this upcoming weekend. Maybe we'll get a new evolution considering we've gotten old mons new evolution and new forme, so I feel like we may be continuing the pattern of old gaining something new.

I'm hoping we get an absol evolution though the chances of that for this issue aren't high but I can hope.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I guess that makes sense, and i'm honestly looking forward to find out the backstory to mewtwo's new form...that's like the last thing i would have expected from X and Y.
Absol is awesome, and an evo would be amazing, but as you already said, it's probably unlikely

Years
Does anyone want a Houndoom evolution? I beleive someone mentioned it a while back but someone didn't want to see it evolve, I was wondering if anyone else felt that way. Personally I wouldn't mind if Houndoom evolved, it just seems like a lot can be done with it. Of course that also presents the chance of messing it up.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Houndoom could use an evo, yeah. Something to make it match up better with Arcanine's 555 BST. I feel like the two of them are on similar footing in terms of concept so making them more equal would be nice. Even if the evo just offers more bulk (which could be explained by some bone-like armor in its design) that would be great. And possibly giving it Moonlight or Morning Sun.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Houndoom is one of my favorite pokemon and I'd love to see it evolve!
Giving him a stat buff wouldn't make him overpowered, so that'd be okay.
And design-wise he could be inspired by Cerberus, which would be pretty cool :D

Years
Dunsparce needs an evolution to make it recognizable as snake pokemon.
Since it has wings i'd say it would evolve into a normal-flying type and would gain a decent speed boost.
Zangoose should also evolve. It screams for a defense boost and a normal-fighting dual type sounds reasonable.
Seviper needs a defense boost to be able to perform so it should also evolve & add secondary steel type so it stays in balance with zangoose.
Farfetch'd needs an evolution as well due to its sub par stats. A flying-fighting typing would fit it well (since it's a cool & crazy swordfighting bird).
And lastly keckleon would also profit from a ground type evolution to fix it's bad defensive typing and also swap it's abillity for something like sturdy or multyscale.

Stats for the evolutions:
----Dunsparce-----Zangoose------Seviper-----Farfetch'd-----Kecleon
HP:---110----------90-------------90----------70-----------90
ATT:--95----------120------------100---------95-----------100
DEF:--95-----------80-------------90----------70-----------75
SPA:--80-----------60------------100---------80------------65
SPD:--80-----------80-------------75---------80-----------125
SPE:--95-----------100------------75---------100-----------45​

Back