• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO] Yugimans? Oh boy! Prophet Fortunes!

Years
The title speaks for itself: Mix Prophecy Magicians with Fortune Ladies. Amazingly enough, it works very well. Rather than ramble about it, I'll let you see it.
Picture↓
Spoiler:

If you need a deck list, here:
3x Fortune Lady Dark
3x Fortune Lady Light
2x Fortune Lady Water
2x Fortune Lady Wind
1x Fortune Lady Fire
2x Spellbook Magician of Prophecy
2x Temperance of Property
2x Strength of Prophecy
2x High Priestess of Prophecy
1x Dark Hole
3x Fortune's Future
3x Future Visions
1x Heavy Storm
1x Magical Dimension
2x Spellbook of Life
2x Spellbook of Power
3x Spellbook of Secrets
2x Spellbook of Wisdom
3x Compulsory Evacuation Device
1x Reaper of Prophecy

Side Deck:
2x Wonder Wand
2x One-Shot Wand
1x The Grand Spellbook Tower
2x Effect Veiler
2x Bending Destiny
1x Slip of Fortune
2x Time Passage
1x Secret Village of the Spellcasters
2x Reaper of Prophecy

Extra Deck:
1x Alchemic Magician
1x Empress of Prophecy
1x Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
1x Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis
1x Hierophant of Prophecy
1x Number 11: Big Eye
1x Number 16: Shock Master
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Number 50: Blackship of Corn
1x Number C39: Utopia Ray
1x Photon Papilloperative
1x Photon Strike Bounzer
1x Sword Breaker
1x Wind-Up Zenmaines

I know there's gonna be a couple of questions here, so I'll get some of them out the way now. :D

• Why don't you run *Insert Staple Spell/Trap here?*
A very good question. Well, I suppose some cards that are considered staple (MST, Torrential, Dark Bribe and the like) Just honestly don't have any room in the deck. Dark Hole had to be in there, of course, as well as Heavy Storm, but with other things, it kinda clutters the deck more than it needs to be. As such, I didn't add them, especially when I have a disorder about having more than 40-42 cards in the deck as it is. (Although maybe I'll add another F.Lady Fire. Not sure.)
  • Why so many Spells? Doesn't that hurt consistency?
Not really. Keep in mind that most of the spells are Spellbooks, and Prophecy Spellcasters benefit HIGHLY off of them. As such, having as many Spellbooks as possible is not a bad idea in this deck. Plus, you can always use them in some way, and having free searches/shuffles is never bad.
  • Dude, 5 Field Cards?
Yes, 5 Field Cards. Future Visions is the bane of many decks, for the simple reason of "Well how am I supposed to get anything out if all I can do is set?", but not in this case. With Fortune Ladies, it works well, simply because Fortune Lady Light gives you a free Fortune Lady out of it. Also, with Spellbook of Wisdom, you don't have to worry about being Banished if you really want to keep that Spellcaster out, and Fortune's Future gives you draw power. Secret Village of the Spellcasters is an excellent choice, but not when playing other Spellcasters (Which aren't really meta apparently), so that's why it's in the side. The Grand Spellbook Tower is for when I really need draw power, but I don't typically use it.
  • Why no Synchros?
This is a question I'm in the middle with. Synchro monsters would go well in this deck, but because of the fact that the Levels consistently fluctuate, XYZ is a better option, because you don't have to worry about drawing an appropriate level Tuner, as compared to having a monster like Strength of Prophecy who can buff levels, as well as Spellbook of Life. It's a bit easier than having to micromanage them by throwing in a bunch of Tuners and turning this deck into a 50 card shuffle table.

And that's it for this tl;dr analysis. In case you want to know some combos, here ya go:
Spoiler:

Comments, recommendations, lay it out on me guys.

Last edited:

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Lack of true synergy between cards. Need stronger combos and better consistency. Cut some bad cards. Don't run triple Compulsory. Incoherent deck with no clear win condition.

I suggest focusing on either Fortune Ladies or Prophecy alone. The two archetypes have very little playability together; even though they seem to have some on the surface, Dark has no inherent advantage when it is being Special Summoned and you don't run enough Junon or more support to make the Junon beatdown consistent.

Also some cards like Reaper / Strength are just random.

Last edited:
Years
Lack of true synergy between cards. Need stronger combos and better consistency. Cut some bad cards. Don't run triple Compulsory. Incoherent deck with no clear win condition.

I suggest focusing on either Fortune Ladies or Prophecy alone. The two archetypes have very little playability together; even though they seem to have some on the surface, Dark has no inherent advantage when it is being Special Summoned and you don't run enough Junon or more support to make the Junon beatdown consistent.

Also some cards like Reaper / Strength are just random.

Noticed your posts a lot on the YGO thread. Nice to meet'cha. :D
(And thanks for responding derp)
Now then.

Reaper is sorta random, I'll give you that. But Strength helps boost levels for XYZ summons, I don't see how he's random, especially since I get to shuffle Spellbooks back.

No triple Compuls? I suppose 2 would be fine.
I have to argue against the Junon: Running 3 of them doesn't seem like something I'd want to invest in, especially when I can just Spellbook of Life for her. Plus, since I get the field management from Junon anyway, I don't think the intention is just for beatdown anyway. Dark gets a free F.Lady from the grave, and since most lady effects activate from SP summons from a F.Lady anyway, I don't see how she doesn't work.

Last edited:

Cirrus

Years
Nice to meet you. : o

Yeah, Strength seems good on the surface...

Until you realize you have to summon something else too to make an Xyz. Which is okay, but not really good enough as a summon by itself. It's just not a particularly strong or forceful card (no meaningful effect other than, you know, making an Xyz monster) - you might as well play Aster Drawn. Plus, is shuffling a Spellbook even meaningful if it's usually just a one-shot effect anyway? Why not play Grand Spellbook Tower? Grand Spellbook Tower is far stronger in terms of utility and awesomeness, because everybody likes free cards every turn. (You might make the argument that Strength is an okay beatstick, and sure, it's fine at doing that, but I'd still take Aster Drawn most days of the week over Strength).

As for why triple Junon: Agents are a dominant force in the metagame. One of the key reasons they are dominant is their ability to casually deploy the beatstick and spot removal machine known as Master Hyperion. Spot removal + on-demand summon + good body makes a card extremely strong; Junon, although being a little harder to summon, is no exception to this rule. This is another reason to focus more strongly on Prophecy - Junon is just that good, and Justice gives you free cards while fetching Junon (akin to a slower version of Agent of Mystery - Earth).

The only reason I said that triple Compulsory was bad was because you have no Trap lineup period (including things that would likely be better, such as Torrential Tribute - although CED is a fine 2-of) ... why not cut more Spells and run more Traps? Fortune Ladies are often dead draws if you draw them (Water, Fire, Dark) and Wonder Wand is plenty fine as a card advantage engine - the suite of triple Fortune's Future and Future Visions is highly detrimental to the actual playability of the deck because it prevents you from playing a defensive Trap lineup and thus maintain any field advantage you might have previously accumulated, not to mention the fact that if you cut all the Fortune Ladies you will receive 11 additional slots to play with.

Those are my thoughts on the matter. (Basically - the bigger problems, or rather the problems you didn't address - consistency and lack of synergy.)

Last edited:
Years
Nice to meet you. : o

Yeah, Strength seems good on the surface...

Until you realize you have to summon something else too to make an Xyz. Which is okay, but not really good enough as a summon by itself. It's just not a particularly strong or forceful card (no meaningful effect other than, you know, making an Xyz monster) - you might as well play Aster Drawn. Plus, is shuffling a Spellbook even meaningful if it's usually just a one-shot effect anyway? Why not play Grand Spellbook Tower? Fortune Ladies and Future Visions are pretty weak anyway, so that is a consideration you might make (switching to Prophecy entirely). Grand Spellbook Tower is far stronger in terms of utility and awesomeness, because everybody likes free cards every turn.

As for why triple Junon: Agents are a dominant force in the metagame. One of the key reasons they are dominant is their ability to casually deploy the beatstick and spot removal machine known as Master Hyperion. Spot removal + on-demand summon + good body makes a card extremely strong; Junon, although being a little harder to summon, is no exception to this rule. This is another reason to focus more strongly on Prophecy - Junon is just that good, and Justice gives you free cards while fetching Junon (akin to a slower version of Agent of Mystery - Earth).

And the only reason I said that triple Compulsory was bad was because you have no Trap lineup period ... why not cut more Spells and run more Traps? Fortune Ladies are often dead draws if you draw them (Water, Fire, Dark) and Wonder Wand is plenty fine as a card advantage engine - the suite of triple Fortune's Future and Future Visions is highly detrimental to the actual playability of the deck because it prevents you from playing a defensive Trap lineup and thus maintain any field advantage you might have previously accumulated, not to mention the fact that if you cut all the Fortune Ladies you will receive 11 additional slots to play with.

Those are my thoughts on the matter. (Basically - the bigger problems, or rather the problems you didn't address - consistency and lack of synergy.)

I honestly haven't encountered many agents in my time of playing...like literally. I do see the Hyperions though, and 3 of those do make your point valid.
Holy god now that I reflect on it there are some issues....(Thanks a lot Violent)

Welp. Time to switch back to my Vayusworns.

I'll probably get around to switching this to a full-on Prophecy, especially with the new Spellbook support that's dropping soon.

Cirrus

Years
Yup, Divine Judgment is pretty ridiculous - and might be the card that finally propels Prophecy into viability.

Though I definitely wouldn't say no to another boss monster. :x

Years
Yup, Divine Judgment is pretty ridiculous - and might be the card that finally propels Prophecy into viability.

Though I definitely wouldn't say no to another boss monster. :x

inb4WorldArcanaMonster

Talks on DN are like "Yo, this needs to be banned".

Let's say for the sake of keeping this build idea, what would you suggest?

Cirrus

Years
I would suggest focusing on your combos more strongly. What's your win condition? If you don't have one, there's your problem...

Years
I would suggest focusing on your combos more strongly. What's your win condition? If you don't have one, there's your problem...

inb4HieraticSunDragon
(That was a joke)

I suppose if you think about it, Junon is the only viable win condition. XD

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Don't run two Fortune Lady Winds, one is plenty. Chances it's going to be kind of a dead draw or you're going to have something else you want to run. Either take it out so you have 40 cards or throw in a card to better support your deck. I'm going to have to agree with Cirrus in that I'm not seeing a great amount of synergy here.

Half your deck seems to support Fortune Lady Light only you don't have room for cards to search for Fortune Lady Light. Strength also seems like a slow card for this deck especially with Future Visions.

Either play more support for Junon so you can use it consistently or throw in Time Passages for Fortune Lady Dark to counterattack during your opponent's damage step that way you can bring out Fire to take down a second beat stick for major damage, Water to increase hand size or another Dark to swarm the field.

I'm not that well versed with the Spellbook cards but I do know quite a lot about the Fortune Lady cards and I know that Wind isn't going to be doing much other than forming rank 3 or 4 xyz monsters. It's probably going to be a rank 3 monster with a Fortune Lady Fire that has overstayed its welcome.

Back