• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
But Shiny Charm is a key item, isn't it? I like how I'm working on my Dex in XY when there's no reward like there was in BW2. ~_~ I don't understand myself sometimes, I really don't.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
But Shiny Charm is a key item, isn't it? I like how I'm working on my Dex in XY when there's no reward like there was in BW2. ~_~ I don't understand myself sometimes, I really don't.

Actually, I think Serebii reported that you get a Shiny Charm for completing the National Dex, which is probably what vaporeon7 meant! That also gives you a great reason to continue working on your Dex, haha. Speaking of Dex completion in XY, I'm pretty sure I've gotten every catchable Pokemon (besides Y exclusives and Skarmory I think..) so all I have to do to finish my Kalos Dex is evolve, breed, and do some trading! However, I've put that on hold for the past few weeks, as I've been finishing up challenges like a mad man. I had like 18 monotypes that needed to be completed two weeks ago, and I managed to complete all of them by Christmas, and now I'm working on doing monotypes on my copy of Y! Sadly, all of my challenge fun will likely end shortly, as I begin my final semester of high school on January 6th! I just don't have the time to juggle band, six AP classes, and challenges :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
OHHHHHH I didn't know they were bringing it back in XY. That makes me happy now! ...But at the same time, who really wants a shiny after they've raised everything in the dex already? idk I'm too lazy to raise the same thing twice usually, lol. :(

But hey, you got all those challenges done and chugged through most of your dex? You're a champ. You're gonna kill your final semester. Good luck to you! Someone that can play that much Pokemon can definitely beat school. ;)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 15, 2014
Let me start of by saying. Happy new year people!!

But back on topic. Do we have a "Character Challenge" Where you use pokemon only used by your selected character. Ie, say you picked Dawn. You would have to use things like Piplup pachirisu etc etc??

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I know we've had one before, and I could swear I just approved one the other day? But if I'm thinking wrong, then you're definitely free to make that.

It's not 2014 here yet, so I'm gonna wait before I make that post. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
NOTICE:

Due to a lot of drama going on in my family and to my sudden decission of dropping out of University, moving to London and taking life in my own hands (got my flight in 2 weeks), I won't be able to get on PC much. I'll be selling my desktop to have some pocket money when I leave and it's gonna take a while for me to get my hands on a laptop. So, for now, all my challenges are put on hold and updating my own threads will take a while as the only way for me to get online would be my phone. So, hopefully I'll have wi-fi over where I move so I can at least use my phone to check things out, but I can't promise anything.

I won't go into details, but, things are really bad if it took me 1 day to decide to leave, not just my family's home, but the country, to take my life in my own hands.

I'm gonna miss you guys and I'll do my best to keep in touch.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
NOTICE:

Due to a lot of drama going on in my family and to my sudden decission of dropping out of University, moving to London and taking life in my own hands (got my flight in 2 weeks), I won't be able to get on PC much. I'll be selling my desktop to have some pocket money when I leave and it's gonna take a while for me to get my hands on a laptop. So, for now, all my challenges are put on hold and updating my own threads will take a while as the only way for me to get online would be my phone. So, hopefully I'll have wi-fi over where I move so I can at least use my phone to check things out, but I can't promise anything.

I won't go into details, but, things are really bad if it took me 1 day to decide to leave, not just my family's home, but the country, to take my life in my own hands.

Oh my. Good luck, wherever you end up.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
NOTICE:

Hope everything turns out okay again.
Keep in touch on Skype, eh? :(

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
NOTICE:

Good luck, here's to landing on your feet!
Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh, bby bird... :( Good luck! I hope everything works out well for you. Your fluffy support system is always here for you if you need to sign on to ramble.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Aaaaaw, you guys are so awesome Q~Q thanks for the best wishes and everything >u< I'll probably add my skype to the contact thingy on my profile so you guys can add me and keep in touch >u<

Aaaaaw, you guys are so awesome Q~Q thanks for the best wishes and everything >u< I'll probably add my skype to the contact thingy on my profile so you guys can add me and keep in touch >u<

Last edited:

James

Make it double!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
I just wanted to do a quick update for those of you who have seen my Pokedex challenge i set for myself a while back. Essentially it goes right back to the games original motto"Gotta Catch'em All" but its in the boxes in the PC laid out in order from Bulbasar to Zegarde(currently). I have completed Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, Shinno & Kalos with the exceptions of the legendary's for each region. Those are a little harder to come by and people don't want to trade their Mews and Entei's for meowth's. It has not taken me as long as i had originally thought to get to where i am in my pokedex but i currently have over 630 of the pokemon and am counting down the last couple boxes until i will finish my collection and also the national pokedex.

Update 1/8/14:

I have finally finished the pokedex as far as the non legendary's are concerned.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey guys, there's a new rule for double posts, so make sure you check the rules thread to see what it is. It's nothing major, and it's something I've just been allowing for a while now, but I thought I should actually put it in the thread so that everyone knows. Thanks!

I just wanted to do a quick update for those of you who have seen my Pokedex challenge i set for myself a while back. Essentially it goes right back to the games original motto"Gotta Catch'em All" but its in the boxes in the PC laid out in order from Bulbasar to Zegarde(currently). I have completed Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, Shinno & Kalos with the exceptions of the legendary's for each region. Those are a little harder to come by and people don't want to trade their Mews and Entei's for meowth's. It has not taken me as long as i had originally thought to get to where i am in my pokedex but i currently have over 630 of the pokemon and am counting down the last couple boxes until i will finish my collection and also the national pokedex.

That's awesome, man. You're my hero. I'm working on my Dex as well, so I know how difficult it is with those Pokebank legendaries. Actually, vaporeon7 told me he managed to get some legendaries off the GTS by putting up Slowpoke holding King's Rock (or any other Pokemon and their trade item) so maybe you should try that. I'm gonna work on getting trade items and do that myself, haha.

James

Make it double!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
Hey guys, there's a new rule for double posts, so make sure you check the rules thread to see what it is. It's nothing major, and it's something I've just been allowing for a while now, but I thought I should actually put it in the thread so that everyone knows. Thanks!

That's awesome, man. You're my hero. I'm working on my Dex as well, so I know how difficult it is with those Pokebank legendaries. Actually, vaporeon7 told me he managed to get some legendaries off the GTS by putting up Slowpoke holding King's Rock (or any other Pokemon and their trade item) so maybe you should try that. I'm gonna work on getting trade items and do that myself, haha.

WOW!! i never would have thought that would work. i have a whole bag full of trade items that i would totalt put up for some legendaries if it would work. thanks for the info :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No problem! I hope that all works for you. I haven't tried it myself, but Aaron said it worked well for him. I wish you all the best! :)

VanilluxeDeluxe

Best Ice-type ever!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 11, 2014
Gonna post this idea here to see if anybody's up for it.

I have an idea, called the "First Come, First Serve" Challenge. Basically, you can only catch the first six wild Pokemon you find, excluding repeats and your starter(which you must release). If you fail to catch a wild Pokemon(that isn't a repeat) or run away from it, your team maximum will drop down one. If you end up having only one Pokemon, you have to go solo with it.

Sound good? I would join it, but I'm kinda busy with X/Y.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Gonna post this idea here to see if anybody's up for it.

I have an idea, called the "First Come, First Serve" Challenge. Basically, you can only catch the first six wild Pokemon you find, excluding repeats and your starter(which you must release). If you fail to catch a wild Pokemon(that isn't a repeat) or run away from it, your team maximum will drop down one. If you end up having only one Pokemon, you have to go solo with it.

Sound good? I would join it, but I'm kinda busy with X/Y.
That sounds extremely limiting. For any given game the team variety would be extremely slim, and most people would wind up playing pretty much the same experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back