• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Infernal Red / Natural Green

How many Gyms should the first demo go up to?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
N6OdSzu.png
n17IA3A.png

Welcome back to the place where it all began!

Pokémon Infernal Red and Natural Green are non-profit fanmade remakes of Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen in the style of Gen 5. They follow the same story, but have small changes and additions throughout. There is a complete main storyline and some post-game activities for you to enjoy (read the spoilers at the bottom of this post for more info).

Screenshots:​
Spoiler:

Features
- Re-embark on a journey to explore the Kanto region and become a Pokémon Master!

- Take on Gym Leaders, stop Team Rocket, and conquer the Pokémon League!

- Experience new twists in the story, and additional postgame content!

- Harness the power of Mega Evolution, with both new and old Megas!

- Remastered music in the style of Gen 5, along with all-new tracks!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpVVALjIm8CzwHsMYH_pR2JV2eHOZ6SWL

bretLkL.png
WZGFRgF.png

Download Infernal Red <---------- Choose your version ----------> Download Natural Green

(Credit to Xous54 Deviantart for Mega Charizard X / Mega Venusaur)

How to play:
Spoiler:

Postgame Content:
Spoiler:

Pokémon Locations:

Credits:
Spoiler:

About the game's release:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Just to update on the game's progress, I've decided that the first demo will go up to 3 gyms. I could do 4 gyms, but due to the gap between Vermilion's Gym and Celadon's Gym, you'd be waiting a long time for the demo to be released.

Anyway, I'm adding Game Jolt integration which means if you have a Game Jolt account you can connect to Game Jolt and earn trophies (achievements, whatever you want to call them). To log in and out of Game Jolt you'll have to access a Game Jolt Terminal, accessible in any Pokémon Center. Speaking of Game Jolt, Infernal Red now has a Game Jolt page. Check it out here:

http://gamejolt.com/games/pokemon-infernal-red/81423

I've mapped and evented up until the S.S. Anne, so the demo is almost ready. I will be polishing the game a bit before the demo is released, so I'll try to stamp out as many bugs as possible.

mde2001

Pokemon Industrial Developer
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
This does look good. I'd make sure that the plot changes enough so that it feels fresh and interesting to everyone, although obviously being a remake you'll mostly stick to the initial plot.

Good luck on your project.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
I won't make any drastic changes to the plot, but I'm making it feel fresh by adding new plot points (I've already begun eventing a side-story which the community should enjoy ;) )

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Wow! That's fantastic!
I was looking for a Red/Green remake from a long time! Also working for Team Rocket seems interesting.
I'm so happy! ♥

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
I'm liking the look of this game. Although you'll be facing some competition, as someone is making a SpiritBlue.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
I'm liking the look of this game. Although you'll be facing some competition, as someone is making a SpiritBlue.

Oh? I didn't even realise someone was working on a Blue remake. Do they have a page I can check out, because it's always nice to see how other people approach remakes.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Looks good i like the idea of remakes by fans because they can do some stuff Nintendo didn't do like add trophies and other features i was playing a demo of another red remake called blaze red it was good but i haven't seen anything on it since. Looking forward to more.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
With the first demo being close to release, I felt like it was time to make a trailer for Infernal Red. The demo will be released sometime in September, and if you participate you can receive a limited time Mystery Gift from any Poké Mart.

That being said, I hope you're looking forward to the demo's release! ;)

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtkbPVzZYnk&feature=youtu.be

P.S. If anyone knows how to change or remove the poll for this thread, please tell me because I'm aware that people are still voting despite me having already decided that the demo will go up to the first 3 gyms.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2016
Great game, can't wait for it. So Clefairy will be Fairy-type? How many Pokemon this game will have?
There is already 3 games with multiple regions: Pokémon World Online, Pokémon 3D and Pokémon Planet, so it will be hard to compete with those three in multiple regions. But it would be nice to see that.
Your progress here is bit outdated from what you posted a hour ago in GJ.
And there is bit newer version of Pokémon Essentials BW and it's V3.1.1, so good luck with game.

Last edited:

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Great game, can't wait for it. So Clefairy will be Fairy-type?
Yes, as well as other Pokémon who became Fairy-type in Gen 6.

How many Pokemon this game will have?
I've updated the Kanto Pokédex to compensate for post Gen 1 Pokémon, totaling the "new" Kanto Pokédex at 183 Pokémon.
Post-game, all 721 Pokémon will be obtainable.

Your progress here is bit outdated from what you posted a hour ago in GJ.
I'll be updating it here shortly.

And there is bit newer version of Pokémon Essentials BW and it's V3.1.1, so good luck with game.
Thanks! And yes I'm using V3.1.1. I forgot to update this thread with that, so thanks for reminding me. ;)

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
With Demo 1 only a month away, It's worth mentioning exactly how much content the game contains as of now.

So far I've finished the following areas (mapping and eventing):
- Pallet Town
- Route 1
- Viridian City
- Route 22
- Route 2
- Viridian Forest
- Pewter City
- Route 3
- Mt. Moon
- Route 4
- Cerulean City
- Route 24
- Route 25
- Route 5
- Underground Path
- Route 6
- Route 11
- S.S. Anne
- Diglett's Cave

The following areas need to be finished before the demo's release:
- Vermilion City
- Route 12

As you can see, there are very few areas to finish, so between now and the demo's release I will be finishing the areas that need to be finished, improving the game's appearance and finding bugs. All of this, so that the demo is as good as possible.

Remember, if you participate in the demo, you can receive a limited time Mystery Gift, so make sure to take part. ;)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 17, 2015
I want to help you with your project, for example, I have animated mega's I can make a file for you to download, and I would like to remake the Johto region with B/W Graphics, or any other region. If you want me to help, send me a private message

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
So I managed to overlook the fact that the link to my YouTube channel was wrong... It's been updated now.

In other news, Demo 1 is close to completion. I've added a few custom Pokémon sprites into the game to make battles look fresh for those who've already played BW/BW2. If you have any questions regarding the game, PM me or visit Infernal Red's Game Jolt page: http://gamejolt.com/games/pokemon-infernal-red/81423

Fotomac

Genwunner and proud of it
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 9, 2023
Guys, you've got some competition from yours truly. I'm making my own pair of remakes, but with a new and improved, fully Gen VI-compatible engine. Of course, I'd be happy to share ideas with you guys if you'd like to do the same for my remake project.

ETA: It's still in the planning stages, and, of course, the hard part appears to be actually getting the engine.

Last edited:
Back