• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: why not an emoticon for XD

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
recently i have been kinda let down by some sites with emoticons, because most of them do not have one for XD,...XD

I have an emblem for people who have coined the emoticon, but why not have a real one? will it destroy the experience of having a typed XD, or will it just look corny? So that's just what I wanted to know :p

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
Eh, there doesn't need to be an emoticon for everything.

Plus most people wouldn't like it (although you can turn them off, maybe they want other ones on)

NotchedEarPichu

The Best Friend Of A Lifetime
Years
recently i have been kinda let down by some sites with emoticons, because most of them do not have one for XD,...XD

I have an emblem for people who have coined the emoticon, but why not have a real one? will it destroy the experience of having a typed XD, or will it just look corny? So that's just what I wanted to know :p

I think it is fine the way it is...............................XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD :)

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
The less images PC's server has to send to the user's computer, the less bandwidth taken, and therefore, the faster PC goes.
Plus, smilies disabled or not, I don't care for an emoticon popping up when the text is just fine.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Because XD fails as an emoticon. Is that reason enough?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Why do you need one? There are a lot of people on PC that hate emoticons and don't let their smilies get parsed. The problem would be the lack of people using it not justifying the extra bandwidth usage.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Ugh, no.

It's fine as-is and... almost everyone I know disables smilies anyway so it'd just make it an extra, unnecessary hassle for the quick replies that don't have the disable box. If you wanna use an img tag to add one manually to your posts, go right ahead.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There's nothing wrong with XD. If it had an emoticon, it'd look awkward like the others.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeeah.. I've seen an 'xD' icon before.. it looks odd.

Must better as just text.~

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
okay, but i see a really contradicting add at the bottom of this post...

it says +1000 smileys

just thought I would point that out....XD

Back