• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sword Art Online: Infinity Edition [OOC+SU][Rated: T]

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Posted. Like you Red, please feel free to bunny Elise with the same stipulation. :)

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Name: Neddard Connerly. His in-game avatar is called "Golden Bear"

Appearance: Neddard is about 6'5 and weighs 190 pounds. He usually wears a black tee shirt and dark blue jeans. He has long, dark, ashy charcoal grey hair that hangs down to his shoulders and gets in his eyes when he doesn't blow it out of them. His face is generally serious. He always has a grim expression, even when he is extatic, and his grey, sad eyes and hooked nose don't do anything to help. He has the scrubble of a beard that he shaves weekly that covers his square-set jaw and a light mustache that covers his flat lipped mouth. Ned has a scar that leads down the length of both arms. When people see him, they either steer clear or ask him what he's depressed about because of his sad expression, which he responds too, "I'm not depressed. I'm serious." in his dark, serious voice.

His character in game avatar is just as large as Neddard is, but more muscular. He wears a scaled bronze breastplate with his emblem displayed on the front: A black grizzly bear with two grey greatswords crossed behind it. The armor has pauldrons that cover his shoulders and biceps, and a skirt type thing that hangs down to his upper calves. His greaves are plain bronze and go all the way up to his calves. They have a break at the knee joint that's covered with a padded cloth to promote flexibility in his joint. His gauntlets cover right up to his elbow, allowing it to move freely, and they are also made of bronze but are scaled at the hands. Neddard's helm is...unusual. It is made of bronze like the rest of his armor, but it has no ordinary shape. It's in the shape of a bear's head, from which he gets his nickname. His greatsword, which he named Fang, is bronze as well. It is six feet long. He has its sheath slung across his back.

Personality: There isn't much to say about Neddard's personality. He is as serious as he is bold. His face reflects how he acts. Connerly is extremely smart, but tends to spend a majority of his time gaming and playing SOA. He is very awkward around girls, so he tends to travel with his fellow guys. The Bear tends to think out of the box when it comes to strategizing, so his ideas come across as crazy win-proof, but they work. Ned is unhealthily brave and will charge the toughest monster without hesitation if one of his companions is in danger. I'm gonna say again, he is DEAD serious.

Life before SAO: Neddard was born and raised in London, England.

Current Level: 10
Weapon: Greatsword
Non-Combat Skills: Alchemy and Taming
Summary of first month in Aincrad:

Roleplay Sample: <First week in Aincrad, not including the lock-in>

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
Just a notice for you guys. I'm about to be hit with part of a hurricane so I'm unsure whether or not the power will be taken out. Either way I won't be able to post until wednesday.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Just a notice for you guys. I'm about to be hit with part of a hurricane so I'm unsure whether or not the power will be taken out. Either way I won't be able to post until wednesday.

Be careful Sky, let us know if you're ok.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
@ShinyD: There are two spots left. I'll be done with my SU soon, however, so mabye one.

Name: Neddard Connerly. His in-game avatar is called "Golden Bear"

Appearance: Neddard is about 6'5 and weighs 190 pounds. He usually wears a black tee shirt and dark blue jeans. He has long, dark, ashy charcoal grey hair that hangs down to his shoulders and gets in his eyes when he doesn't blow it out of them. His face is generally serious. He always has a grim expression, even when he is extatic, and his grey, sad eyes and hooked nose don't do anything to help. He has the scrubble of a beard that he shaves weekly that covers his square-set jaw and a light mustache that covers his flat lipped mouth. Ned has a scar that leads down the length of both arms. When people see him, they either steer clear or ask him what he's depressed about because of his sad expression, which he responds too, "I'm not depressed. I'm serious." in his dark, serious voice.

His character in game avatar is just as large as Neddard is, but more muscular. He wears a scaled bronze breastplate with his emblem displayed on the front: A black grizzly bear with two grey greatswords crossed behind it. The armor has pauldrons that cover his shoulders and biceps, and a skirt type thing that hangs down to his upper calves. His greaves are plain bronze and go all the way up to his calves. They have a break at the knee joint that's covered with a padded cloth to promote flexibility in his joint. His gauntlets cover right up to his elbow, allowing it to move freely, and they are also made of bronze but are scaled at the hands. Neddard's helm is...unusual. It is made of bronze like the rest of his armor, but it has no ordinary shape. It's in the shape of a bear's head, from which he gets his nickname. His greatsword, which he named Fang, is bronze as well. It is six feet long. He has its sheath slung across his back.

Personality: There isn't much to say about Neddard's personality. He is as serious as he is bold. His face reflects how he acts. Connerly is extremely smart, but tends to spend a majority of his time gaming and playing SOA. He is very awkward around girls, so he tends to travel with his fellow guys. The Bear tends to think out of the box when it comes to strategizing, so his ideas come across as crazy win-proof, but they work. Ned is unhealthily brave and will charge the toughest monster without hesitation if one of his companions is in danger. I'm gonna say again, he is DEAD serious.

Life before SAO: Neddard was born in London, England.His mother was an airforce technician, and his father was a pilot in the airforce, so he moved around a lot. The grim little boy never had very many friends, so he was a loner. He moved from Liverpool, to New Hampshire, to Stratford Upon Avon, to Greenwich. In an average year, he would attend fifteen different schools. When SAO came out he was living in Manchester. He realized that this would be the perfect oppurtunity to make friends that he wouldn't have to leave in a week, so he bought it first chance he could.

Current Level: 10
Weapon: Greatsword
Non-Combat Skills: Alchemy and Taming
Summary of first month in Aincrad:
  • Entered Starter City and purchased the best gear he could while holding enough money for certain things like potions and herbs, then entered the first dungeon. He excelled on the first floor. He joined in on the boss battle and helped defeat him.
  • On the second floor, he had a bit of difficulty, but prevailed over the boss, going one on one.
  • He stayed on the third floor for a long time to help fellow gamers with some monsters.

Roleplay Sample: <First week in Aincrad, not including the lock-in>

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Reserve me a spot please! I am so glad I found a Sword Arts Online around here~ :D

Name: Kamui Ozora

Appearance: I'll start from the top. Kamui's silver hair is a short-layered, shaggy kind of style. He has dark gold eyes that people question about. There's a little mole under his left eye, which looks cute to some people. Kamui wears a chain necklace with a key pendant. Nothing special, really. He wears a plain white shirt with a stuffy black jacket, his arms stay inside the sleeves...he hates the cold. At the bottom he sports brown, baggy shorts & Nike sneakers. For armor & such, he wears silver shingards, metal gloves for combat, & a red cape. Weapons can be described on the Weapon section.
Personality: Kamui is a gullible kid who will believe in anything someone tells him, good or bad. He usually likes eating sweet things, nothing spicy, since he never gets mad. He's a little bashful around anybody, whether he's known them for a long time, to a stranger that creeps him out. He's actually a bright kid who wants to enjoy a normal life, but I'm afraid that's not the case for the situation he's in now. What makes him really sad is when someone is near death or anything like that, due to being traumatized when he was young. He enjoys gaming a lot, but he does have social skills.
Life before SAO: Kamui's story was just as simple as that. He was a regular kid who mostly kept to himself. His friends weren't into games very much, mostly just causing trouble around the neighborhood. Kamui was an indoor person at best. This reason being for the trouble his friends cause. Almost everyday they would try to convince Kamui to join them for their plans, but Kamui always refused. He didn't want to cause any trouble for anyone. At best, he stuck at home doing whatever, playing games like Liberation Maiden, Pokemon, also online computer games. I forgot to mention, Kamui lives with his mother & sister. His dad abandoned the family a long time ago. Kamui can't even remember his face, but he didn't care.

One day, at age 12, tomorrow was Kamui's birthday, & his friends tried to convince him to join them for a great little trip. They explained there was candy involved. Kamui was uneasy about this, but he did love sweets. Finally, he agreed to come along. That night, they broke in to an angry neighbor's backyard. The plan was to throw eggs at the house so the neighbor would come out, then two kids would sneak in behind him & get as much candy as they can. What they missed, however, was that the neighbor had gotten a new dog, one that doesn't show mercy. The first egg was thrown, & the dog immediately came out. It attacked the group, scratching Kamui's left arm hard. The dog bit one boy's shoulder ferociously, shaking back & forth. The boy screamed, while the group tried to get the dog off. After they escaped, Kamui saw his arm injury, & then his friend. He was losing blood too much, it freaked Kamui too much that he fainted.

When Kamui awoke, he was at the hospital where his mom & sister were. It was daylight, he was now 13. His arm was bandaged, it still hurt. When he saw what became of his injured friend, he almost puked. They were told his friend needed medical surgery. That day traumatized him for life. Never again did he want to see something so gruesome. It's heavy gore that freaks him.

4 years later, Kamui's sister got him a new game to try out. He was quite excited for it. Immediately, Kamui set it up, ready for the adventure through his character's point of view.

Current Level: 4
Weapon: Sword/Shield
Non-Combat Skills: Alchemy & Speed
Summary of first month in Aincrad: Kamui enjoyed his time in Starter City. Before he ventured to his first floor, he first got some weapons, a sword & shield; the usual. It was then that he began his first floor, gaining a few levels slowly. Afterward he stopped at level 3 & decided to head back to Starter City to learn some skills. Since he didn't like to die, a lot, Kamui began training in speed, which was very useful for him. He could feel the wind flow by him, not sweet though. Craving sweets...! Afterward, he tried Alchemy. Not bad, really. It took the rest of the week for Kamui to reach level 4. Now that that was done, he was ready to log off. However, the creators neglected to install a log off option. Fearing death itself, Kamui has stayed in Starter City for a month, having plenty of game money to strive for survival. There was no way he was going to fight, no way! If he dies here, he dies for real. He's found a place to live in Starter City. It's so lonely, some of these people he can't trust...right?

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
There should be a few spots left, Shiny :D So yeah, join us! ^___^

Should have my post up today. Got NASCAR in the way. :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Swift, I think that the "Switch" process should be in the OP somewhere, either explained or in the key terms, for the sake of those who haven't/don't watch the show or know what it is/how it works.

I've avoided using the term 'switch' due to a general lack of understanding, I'm not even fully sure whether it's a process/skill or just a general fighting technique. It was never really explained much so I think I'll leave it XD.

(For anyone interested reading this post: Switch is basically when a second player jumps in to continue an attack).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah, I think we can just keep battles in real time and realistic ^^ With Sword Arts, of course.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
I've avoided using the term 'switch' due to a general lack of understanding, I'm not even fully sure whether it's a process/skill or just a general fighting technique. It was never really explained much so I think I'll leave it XD.

(For anyone interested reading this post: Switch is basically when a second player jumps in to continue an attack).

It is just a general tech. Players start with it. @Everyone Sandy is here but hasnt cut power yet

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I hope you're doing fine if you're caught in the hurricane, SkyisUmbreon ;;

Elise and Krissu are going into a cave/dungeon thing on Floor 4 now. If somebody is in a cave there and wants some company, we can stumble upon you :3 If Claire is ok with that.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Sorry I haven't posted yet. Still trying to work out what to do for my first post. Probably post sometime tomorrow local time. Need to catch some sleep.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Leila is now available for interaction! She is currently in Floor 3 (Blues Village) leveling up and fighting some giant sharp toothed frogs. :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
If you can, SwiftSign, can you look over my latest post? It has a lot of exposition, and I don't want it to be overpowered or be too descriptive for a non-GM.

The description (making up your own items, etc.) is all well and good. Try to avoid double-levelling, especially when you're soloing, as it could be deemed overpowered if it happens often. Otherwise all good!

I have a somewhat similar question...I already mentioned it in my post, but would there be such a thing as unidentified weapons in SAO? Or should I take that out of my post?

It's ok, I know lots of RPGs have 'unidentified' items that need curating. I would suggest that it's just a high level weapon and the details emerge next time you level though :P For easiness sake.

Back