• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Touched Mega Evolution System Patches

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
I am here to provide to you today a patch of touched's mega evolution system, for use in your hacks.

The Why
Why did I do this?
Well, since there are people out there that don't want to set up the mega evolution system themselves, I have gone through the trouble of doing it for you, as well as providing some materials to help you set up an editor to be compatible with mega evolution.

Now, you might say: "doesn't mbcn10ww have a patch for the mega evolution system?"
and you would be correct, however the link provided in that post is dead, and it seems it isn't going to be updated.

What's included
Included with this are 2 patches:
Mega Gold Teeth: Where the gold teeth (item slot 0x161) is the mega item.
Mega 10B: The mega item is an unused ? slot, this is used if you already want to use or are already using slot 0x161, like: if you want to do a Kanto game with mega evolution.
A roms.ini file for PGE, this is to make PGE (Pokemon game editor by Gamer2020) compatible with mega evolution, how I would do this is like so:
1. Download PGE (if you haven't already)
2. Make a copy of PGE and call it something along the lines of: "PGE Mega"
3. Go into the ini folder, and replace the roms.ini with my roms.ini
and that's it
(There's also a "how to use" .txt file, but I'm going to go over what's in that)

How to use, and things to note
Once you've installed the mega evolution system by patching it with lunar ips, open you rom in the modded PGE and choose the Pokemon you want to have mega evolve, then add an evolution for that Pokemon, for the evolution method, scroll down all the way. Then choose "Mega Evolution", and for the item, choose your Mega Stone. Next do the same method for the mega evolved Pokemon, but for the item choose the ? item above the master ball, and make the evolution be to the original non-mega Pokemon. This will make it so it reverts after the battle.

To activate it in game:
1. Give your player the mega key item, and the Pokemon you want to mega, as well as the Mega Stone item
2. Set var 0x40FE to whatever the mega key item your using's id is (either 0x161, or 0x10B)
3. Set var 0x40FF to whatever item name you want you opponent to use, (if not set it will use the default item, the one 0x40FE was set to)
4. Get into a battle with your Pokemon you set up for mega evolution
5. Press start, choose an attack, and watch

To make an opponent have a mega:
Just make the Pokemon on their team you want to mega hold the corresponding mega stone, and the AI will do the rest.

As for things to note:
The data is written to 0x800000, just make sure you don't have any data there. Better yet, apply this patch to a clean ROM
The symbol that rises up from a Pokemon is the curse symbol, you'll have to insert the mega evolution symbol yourself.
This patch is intended for Fire Red ONLY.

Bugs
Sometimes a mega evolved Pokemon will attack itself on the first turn of being mega, (This is preventable, just use a status move the first turn)
IF YOU FIND A BUG, REPORT IT

Preview
From a hack of mine (Still in development):

Download
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WdpbnTt9WAjiNt3TWS8WUa6sN30yW99h

Credits:
Touched: Mega Evolution System
PokéMew: For the instructions that helped set up and insert the repo
Leon and UltimaSoul: For the ROM base that helped me set up the PGE INI
Lunos: For helping me set up the repo initially

Tools:
Devkitpro- Devkitpro team
Makegnu- Stuart Feldman
Python- Guido van Rossum
Lunar IPS- FuSoYa

If you use this, give credit to: "Child Amnesiac's Mega Evolution Patches"

Last edited:
Years
Oh nice, guess mine is redundant now.

First of all, I LOVE the music in the battle. Will definitely check out Pokémon Sevii. And second, this is an extremely nice patch for those who don't know how to use Devkitpro or python and are confused by how to insert it. But if you fix the Mega Evolution symbol, this would be amazing!

Overall, GREAT WORK!

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jan 22, 2021
MaN first , I'm sorry for my terrible english it's not the lenguage that i talk, second, i know that this post is literally made 2 years ago but i have a question that probably it's a super dumb one, ¿What object is the Mega Stone? Cuz when i patched i believe that was Gold Theeth but that seems to be the Key Stone , yes i only patch with the gold theet patch i don know if i suposse to use the other one, I'm sorry and I'm 99% sure that this question gonna be never answered .w.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
MaN first , I'm sorry for my terrible english it's not the lenguage that i talk, second, i know that this post is literally made 2 years ago but i have a question that probably it's a super dumb one, ¿What object is the Mega Stone? Cuz when i patched i believe that was Gold Theeth but that seems to be the Key Stone , yes i only patch with the gold theet patch i don know if i suposse to use the other one, I'm sorry and I'm 99% sure that this question gonna be never answered .w.

Gold teeth replaces gold teeth with the mega stone
10b replaces item slot 10b with the mega stone

Then you need a script with the commands:
setvar 0x40FF 0x[Opponent index mega stone]
setvar 0x40FE 0x[Your mega index]

If you applyed one you don't need to apply the other

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jun 27, 2021
I can't get this to work. I patched the rom with Lunsr IPS, replaced the ini in the PGE with the provided one, and I set up the mega evolution as instructed and choose potion for the mega stone item. I defined the variable with XSE and created a script that gave me the gold teeth. But when I obtained the gold teeth and gave the potion to my pokemon to hold, the mega evolution doesn't activate even when I press start and choose a move. Can I get some help with this? Any help would be appreciated.

deidara9216

deidara9216
Years
please help.

arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb -mno-thumb-interwork -mcpu=arm7tdmi -fno-inline -mlong-calls -march=armv4t -Wall -O2 -DBPRE -DSOFTWARE_VERSION=0 -c src/bs_command.c -o build/bs_command.o process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb -mno-thumb-interwork -mcpu=arm7tdmi -fno-inline -mlong-calls -march=armv4t -Wall -O2 -DBPRE -DSOFTWARE_VERSION=0 -c src/bs_command.c -o build/bs_command.o, ...) failed. make (e=2): El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado. make: *** [command] Error 2

I know this tutorial is old but I need help, I would like to introduce it in F00E00.

But it generates that error ...

please help.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 5, 2023
I am here to provide to you today a patch of touched's mega evolution system, for use in your hacks.

The Why
Why did I do this?
Well, since there are people out there that don't want to set up the mega evolution system themselves, I have gone through the trouble of doing it for you, as well as providing some materials to help you set up an editor to be compatible with mega evolution.

Now, you might say: "doesn't mbcn10ww have a patch for the mega evolution system?"
and you would be correct, however the link provided in that post is dead, and it seems it isn't going to be updated.

What's included
Included with this are 2 patches:
Mega Gold Teeth: Where the gold teeth (item slot 0x161) is the mega item.
Mega 10B: The mega item is an unused ? slot, this is used if you already want to use or are already using slot 0x161, like: if you want to do a Kanto game with mega evolution.
A roms.ini file for PGE, this is to make PGE (Pokemon game editor by Gamer2020) compatible with mega evolution, how I would do this is like so:
1. Download PGE (if you haven't already)
2. Make a copy of PGE and call it something along the lines of: "PGE Mega"
3. Go into the ini folder, and replace the roms.ini with my roms.ini
and that's it
(There's also a "how to use" .txt file, but I'm going to go over what's in that)

How to use, and things to note
Once you've installed the mega evolution system by patching it with lunar ips, open you rom in the modded PGE and choose the Pokemon you want to have mega evolve, then add an evolution for that Pokemon, for the evolution method, scroll down all the way. Then choose "Mega Evolution", and for the item, choose your Mega Stone. Next do the same method for the mega evolved Pokemon, but for the item choose the ? item above the master ball, and make the evolution be to the original non-mega Pokemon. This will make it so it reverts after the battle.

To activate it in game:
1. Give your player the mega key item, and the Pokemon you want to mega, as well as the Mega Stone item
2. Set var 0x40FE to whatever the mega key item your using's id is (either 0x161, or 0x10B)
3. Set var 0x40FF to whatever item name you want you opponent to use, (if not set it will use the default item, the one 0x40FE was set to)
4. Get into a battle with your Pokemon you set up for mega evolution
5. Press start, choose an attack, and watch

To make an opponent have a mega:
Just make the Pokemon on their team you want to mega hold the corresponding mega stone, and the AI will do the rest.

As for things to note:
The data is written to 0x800000, just make sure you don't have any data there. Better yet, apply this patch to a clean ROM
The symbol that rises up from a Pokemon is the curse symbol, you'll have to insert the mega evolution symbol yourself.
This patch is intended for Fire Red ONLY.

Bugs
Sometimes a mega evolved Pokemon will attack itself on the first turn of being mega, (This is preventable, just use a status move the first turn)
IF YOU FIND A BUG, REPORT IT

Preview
From a hack of mine (Still in development):

Download

Credits:
Touched: Mega Evolution System
PokéMew: For the instructions that helped set up and insert the repo
Leon and UltimaSoul: For the ROM base that helped me set up the PGE INI
Lunos: For helping me set up the repo initially

Tools:
Devkitpro- Devkitpro team
Makegnu- Stuart Feldman
Python- Guido van Rossum
Lunar IPS- FuSoYa

If you use this, give credit to: "Child Amnesiac's Mega Evolution Patches"

Hi ! i know im very late to this post but what are the question marks in the item menu?

Days
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 28, 2023
Hello I am aware this post was made quite some time ago, But I am new to learning scripting, How might I go about starting the script for the held items?

Back