• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Mafia - Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
Years
Alright, so some of you may be familiar with this game, some of you may not be, but I've had a wee look at this forum and not really seen an active Mafia game in the past... let's see if we can turn that around, shall we?

For this initial version, I'm gonna set my sights low and go for a small game with a bundle of roles; just to see if we can have a reasonably good small game.

In a standard game of Mafia, there are two key factions; the Town, and the Mafia. The town get a large numerical advantage on the Mafia, but the Mafia will know their fellow allies and will be able to confer in the night phases.

The two key phases in the game are as follows:

Day Phase: Everyone will be able to post in this topic and will be able to cast votes on who to "lynch" in the day. If one person receives enough votes to be lynched, (this will be specified at the start of the day phase) then that person is killed at the end of the day. The Town will be seeking to lynch the Mafia in these phases, and of course, the Mafia will be seeking to avoid being lynched and if possible, end up with the Town lynching themselves!

Night Phase: Nobody is permitted to talk in this topic. If you are the Mafia, you are to discuss tactics and who to kill etc. at night. I'll leave the method of communication for the members of Mafia at their discretion; though I do have a good means in mind. This chat MUST be kept secret from non-Mafia players in the game. If you are the Town, and you have a role you may use at night, please PM me if you wish to use it or not; and if so, how you wish to use it! (If that applies to your role) The Mafia faction gets one designated kill per night; and whoever performs the kill may not use any additional abilities, if they have any.

The day and night phase cycle until there is a winning faction. For the town to win, all of the Mafia must have died. For the Mafia to win, they must be in a position where they outnumber the remaining number of town roles.

In addition to this, there are Neutral roles that can also come into play! Benign Neutrals aren't necessarily aligned to anybody, and will have a variety of odd win conditions. Evil Neutrals usually have sinister win conditions, and will have to fight against very difficult odds in order to achieve their win condition. A very good or very lucky player may well be able to pull off the extraordinary requirements! TOWN CANNOT WIN IF THEY DO NOT TAKE OUT THE EVIL NEUTRAL(S) AS WELL AS THE MAFIA.

You may need to lie to hide your role, especially if you're a member of the Mafia or have a role that is harmful to Town!

LIST OF POSSIBLE ROLES:
Town Roles
Spoiler:

Mafia Roles
Spoiler:

Benign Neutrals
Spoiler:

Evil Neutrals
Spoiler:

GAME MECHANICS:

Each day, I will make a post signalling that the day begins. After this, people can post whatever they feel like. Voting to eliminate a player (the official term for this is "lynching") can also happen. If you do this, make sure to follow this format: /vote Person. If you do not do this, you vote won't be counted. You can also unvote with /unvote Person. If a majority vote for one person is reached, he or she is eliminated from the game and cannot post in this thread any more, everyone learns that person's role, and the day ends.

During night, nobody may post in this thread. Mafia members and Mason members can chat through PMs or some IRC channel or something, but MUST take all precautions to keep chat to themselves. (I have something in mind for this!) Once everyone has submitted their final night action to me or the night ends, I will begin day with a post with who is eliminated and how.

One thing I must make clear: aside from Mafia and Masons who know who their team/group members are, nobody else knows who anyone else is, so do not reveal your own role unless you feel is necessary. Nobody aside from Mafia members and Masons can PM each other (i.e. Even if the Doctor and the Sheriff know each other, they can't PM each other to communicate), and even then cannot do so during the day. PMs will break the game, so PLEASE abide by this.

Lastly, unless you're a neutral role, dying does not mean you have lost! If you are a dead Sheriff, and the game ends with a Citizen, the Doctor, and the Tracker as the only three people left, you still win since you are listed under "Town" like everyone who was left alive.

Please do NOT discuss the game outside of the game itself until the game is over.

Order of Operations
Spoiler:

FAQ
Spoiler:

If you tl;dr'd all that, you probably shouldn't be signing up to play. Mafia is a game where it's imperative that you learn the mechanics, but when you do know the mechanics, it's highly enjoyable! If you're already familiar with Mafia, please still read through this topic carefully. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me either in this topic of via PM.

SIGNED UP:
I'm going for between 12-24 slots filled, so this should be a small-medium game.
1. the delightful maccrash
2. the delicious SarasaKat
3. the daring Malamar
4. the delectable Zorogami
5. the dependable Judge Mandolore Shepard
6. the disgusting Razor Leaf
7. the dauntless Sora
8. the darling Euphoric
9. the dispendious Solace
10.the dashing elheroeoscuro
11.and Nuke

RESERVES:
1. Star11Pika
Some people will need to be on reserve in case someone drops out of the game for any reason. I may need a few reserves for this game since I'm not entirely sure how many people on this forum are able to commit and think ahead in terms of whether they'll be able to take part in this game! If there are too many reserves in this version, I may use less if I do another game~

Once I have a sufficient number of signups and reserves, I will PM people their roles. It is imperative that you keep this role to yourself. Thanks!

Last edited:

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
CONSIDERING YOU PM'D ME THIS TO PROOFREAD IT WOULDN'T BE SHIFTY IF I SIGNED UP SO CLOSE TO YOU POSTING.

SIGNING UP.

this is in discussions & debates but I'm signing up anyway :0)

£

Years
For the record, in the event of a disastrous turnout- which I am increasingly expecting now, I DO have an alternate version of Mafia in mind that can prolly work for as few as 5 or 6 people. Don't be scared to be signup number two! ...please.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
HAI :D

I shall be joining this game of questionable behavior. Make this game not so sad in signups. XD

£

Years
SEVEN IN I LOVE YOU ALL.

I'm planning on PMing roles out on WEDNESDAY. I could probably just about make a Mafia game work for nine or ten people at a squeeze. It would be much more fun with more people though!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I'm totes in. Can't wait to see everyone turn on one another
Spoiler:

£

Years
Okay; 11 signups, one reserve, I'd say I'm ready to finalise a role list and PM roles.

I'll be doing so at 8pm GMT (about 2 hours of this post)

Any signups before that time will be put into the game; but anyone after that deadline will have to be a reserve~ What's the lineup for this sort of game? STAY TUNED; you'll see!

£

Years
Okay, NIGHT ONE HAS BEGUN. Anyone signing up will be a reserve now.

The list of members playing is as follows:

1. maccrash
2. SarasaKat
3. Malamar
4. Zorogami
5. Judge Mandolore Shepard
6. Razor Leaf
7. Sora
8. Euphoric
9. Solace
10. elheroeoscuro
11. Nuke

Reserves: Star11Pika

The list of roles is as follows:

Godfather
Hidden Mafia
Hidden Mafia

Unknown Neutral
Sheriff
Doctor
Hidden Town
Hidden Town
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen

You may not post in this thread during the night.

The night will end on Friday the 28th of March, 8pm GMT. If you have a role capable of acting in the night, please ensure you have your actions submitted to me by then! After the night, Day 1 will begin, and discussion for the day will take place in this topic. If you have any questions, please PM me. Thanks.

£

Years
The sun rises, and outside, everyone is greeted by a bloodied corpse, which is lying next to a selection of sanative supplies and semen stained studio albums. Despite the sheer mutilation of the once living chap, it is apparent that our dead friend is none other than maccrash, the Doctor! Shock. Horror. Dead hipsters. This morning has all three. But who could kill such a poor innocent pussy? There is of course, only one fair way to find out. A public vote, with one person being executed. Ideally the culprit, but maybe it could be fun to lynch someone innocent for the fun of it.

The basics of the day phase is as follows:
You may vote for someone by writing in bold: /vote [insert username]
If someone receives a number of votes equal to [[number of remaining town]/2 + 1] rounded down, the person is locked in for the lynch and the lynch will happen at the end of the day. Once that person has been locked in, I may or may not make it possible to vote /skip day. If it is possible for that vote to go ahead, it will require the same number of votes as the lynch, and the day will end on that amount of votes being reached. The day will otherwise end on Monday the 31st of March, 8PM GMT.

People remaining:

1. SarasaKat
2. Malamar
3. Zorogami
4. Judge Mandolore Shepard
5. Razor Leaf
6. Sora
7. Euphoric
8. Solace
9. elheroeoscuro
10. Nuke

Reserves: Star11Pika

Roles Remaining:

Godfather
Hidden Mafia
Hidden Mafia

Unknown Neutral
Sheriff
Hidden Town
Hidden Town
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen

Graveyard:
Spoiler:

BEGIN. DISCUSS. LYNCH. Or y'know, don't lynch. Lynching is not compulsory. The choice is yours, dear townsfolk. As ten people remain, SIX votes are required for a lynch.

Last edited:

Euphoric

Indefatigable
Years
So I didn't receive any PMs, so I guess that nothing happened to me. (?) There isn't much to say right now, so I'll just wait for more people to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back