• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Quest Of Kanto - FanFic

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2008
Hello everyone and welcome to my first FanFic, sorry if I mess up with my Grammar, I'm only new :) I hope you enjoy it, not really going to say much more...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One

"Matt…"
Matt's eye lids opened to see his little sisters face hovering above him.
"Huh?" Matt mumbled sitting up. He glanced out the hallway and saw a faint glow of ember. He stood up and heard screaming.
"What's going on?!" Matt cried at his little sister, she did not reply, more tears dropped onto her bare feet.
"Mom! Dad?" Matt shouted, he ran into the hallway.
"Mom! Dad!" He cried again, now sprinting downstairs.
"They have a son?" yelled a startled man.
"Get him!" Another shouted.
Matt glanced into the living room and saw around 8 men. Team Rocket. Along side them were PokeMon, two Zubats, four Geodudes and a Houndour.
Matt saw his parents, on there knee's, his Mother crying, his Father shouting at him to run. He couldn't escape through the front door.
His sister!
Matt turned and ran upstairs, his heart missed a beat as he saw his little sister being dragged out of his room. He turned around and saw more Team Rocket coming up the stairs. He dived into the room next to him. He locked the door and waited.
"Houndour! Ember!" a Grunt shouted. Matt watched as the door burned slowly. He backed away, no where to run. His back was pressed against a window. He opened it and glanced down. He couldn't jump, there was the Greenhouse under him. He glanced back and saw the door being smashed down.
"Come on little kid…" A Team Rocket member grunted.
Matt saw he was about to lunge at him so he turned to the open window and jumped. He covered his head and glanced up to see the scared look on the Grunts face. As Matt smashed through the glass and landed on the ground he slowly started slipping into unconsciousness.
"What should we do?" The grunt asked looking down on the boy.
"Leave him, he couldn't have survived it. Lets take the rest to the van." the Leader replied.
As the Grunts hopped into their van and sped of to Viridian City all looked lost for the young boy, Matt.

"Matt? Matt!" a voice cried out.
Matt woke once more to see not his sister, mother or father, but Professor Oak.
"Professor?" Matt moaned.
"Oh thank god! He's alive!" Oak shouted.
"What's going on…"
"Never mind boy, just rest… were going to stitch you up… you've got a few bad cuts and grazes… then you can explain what the hell happened here." Oak replied lifting Matt up. Oak was old, but he wasn't weak.

Matt sat at a table as he felt his limbs. Both arms, head, legs, other… important things, ears, nose. All there he thought as Oak sat down across from him.
"So Matt…" He started.
"Explain what happened last night, Officer Jenny is on her way now as well." He added.
"Well my little sister woke me up…"
His little sister. Oh what will they do with his family? A tear formed in Matt's eye but he brushed it away.
"… she was crying and then I ran into the hallway… I ran downstairs and left her there. I saw my parents, my father was screaming at me to run, the front door was blocked so I ran upstairs… They had grabbed my little sister somehow, I turned into the spare room and locked the door, a Houndour burned it down and I jumped."
"Quite a story…" Oak mumbled.
"Matt may I ask you a question?" he added.
"Yes?" Matt replied.
"I would like to ask you… if you would… ok, ok, wait here it is again. Matt would you rather be cooped up here for the rest of your life? Or out there…" Oak pointed out the window to the path to Viridian City.
"Out there living."
"You mean like a PokeMon trainer?"
"Yes."
"Professor…"
Matt had always wanted to be a PokeMon trainer, his parents had always wanted him to follow their footsteps, becoming a Professor. Matt wasn't a big fan of PokeMon Science.
"I would like to, but I have no PokeDex or a PokeMon…"
"Ahh!" Oak cried.
"Come with me!" He added leading Matt out the door to his lab.

Once they reached the Laboratory, Oak made a phone call asking someone to come over right away.
"Here…" Oak started as he handed Matt a PokeBall and PokeDex.
"Your giving me these?" Matt asked eyeing his PokeBall.
"Yes! Of course! I want you Matt, I want you to go and become famous!"
"Famous?" Matt questioned. He doubted HE could become famous.
"Yes! In a town past Viridian City there is a gym, there are 8 gyms in Kanto. Beat the Gym Leaders to -"
"Yes Professor I know, there are 8 gyms, if I can get 8 badges I can go to the league.. Do you really reckon I could do it?" Matt interrupted.
"Anyone can if they have the heart for it, you have the heart for it… and.. Oh! Dawn you're here!"
Matt turned to see a young girl.
"So you got to Kanto alright?" Oak asked the girl.
"Yes Professor, I'd like to thank you again for letting me come over to work for you." She glanced over at Matt.
"Hi, my names Dawn." She smirked shaking Matt's hand.
"Matt." Matt replied looking away.
Dawn studied Matt's clothes. White buttoned shirt, black pants, long black hair covering one of his eyes and his black shoes.
Emo?
"Dawn I have a different project for you." Oak smiled fiddling in his pocket for something.
He held out a PokeBall and a PokeDex.
"Accompany Matt on his journey." He added as he saw the look on Dawns face. It just made his day.

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
When you have two people talking, hit the retrn button twice:

"Huh?" Matt mumbled sitting up. He glanced out the hallway and saw a faint glow of ember. He stood up and heard screaming.
"What's going on?!" Matt cried at his little sister, she did not reply, more tears dropped onto her bare feet.

It's easier to read...

Also, don't change the font... And have more description. If you can work on that this is a fan fiction that'll get places.

Back