• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
ok i have a question. In my hack, I am going to have Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto. since they won't all fit in the same rom, could I make it in 3 Different roms, and have a certain map that lets you "warp" and has the same number in each rom? would that work? like say the room is Bank 0 Map 25 and its that in each rom. Would that load the saves? or not? and if it would, is there a way to make the game NOT load if the player isn't in that map?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
ok i have a question. In my hack, I am going to have Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto. since they won't all fit in the same rom, could I make it in 3 Different roms, and have a certain map that lets you "warp" and has the same number in each rom? would that work? like say the room is Bank 0 Map 25 and its that in each rom. Would that load the saves? or not? and if it would, is there a way to make the game NOT load if the player isn't in that map?

What's this mean? You want to change ROM when in a certain room? No, that wouldn't work, even with ASM. What would happen if someone put it onto a flash cart and played it on their GBA/DS?

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
Today After i finally figured out how to add custom sprites i did somethings:-
I've Added Some sprites"Combee,dawn sprite instead of may,shieldon and Sinnoh Starters"
and BROCK back sprites by "the the the the"
Renamed Some pokemons
And Renamed all Mays to Dawn with A-trainer
and when I Tested the Game When Battle may First time
the Game Automatically Resets
here is the game to test it please help
------------------------------
Download
http://medo00972.googlepages.com/help.zip
Also here is a RAW File For a Boot Screen For Ruby (didn't work)
http://medo00972.googlepages.com/Pokemon.zip
Guys Please help I'm new here so sorry if i'm a noob

-MeDo0

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
What's this mean? You want to change ROM when in a certain room? No, that wouldn't work, even with ASM. What would happen if someone put it onto a flash cart and played it on their GBA/DS?

wel i would have it so theres a main menu and make them be able to pick the rom they wanna play.

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
is there a way to edit an independent pokémon's egg moves, or is there a predefined list of moves in the game that directs which moves can be egg moves?
hacking firered, by the way

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
thaaat's gonna be fun

-----

i'm having a problem when i try to edit the titlescreen
i used unlzGBA to rip the charizard (to gif in black/white palette)
and rip the charizard tilemap (to .raw)
i edited the charizard tileset in photoshop, it's still indexed, and saved
then i opened both in cyclone
i fixed the tilemap and saved it as another .raw

the tileset is fine when i insert it, it's just jumbled up
when i insert the tilemap, the image is put together fine, but takes on the palette of the POKéMON logo instead
what did i do wrong? o_O

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Question: Where in unLz-GBA can I edit the big "Team Aqua Sign" that appears when you battle an Aqua grunt? (EMERALD please)
Whats the number, and can I just normally edit it in unLZ-GBA?

Also, same question, but then for the "Team rocket Sign" that appears in FIRERED, What's the number?

(By "signs" I mean the lgo you'll see right before a battle with team aqua/team rocket starts. You know, the screen get's all blurry, the battle music starts, and then ya see the logo.)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
i'm having a problem when i try to edit the titlescreen
i used unlzGBA to rip the charizard (to gif in black/white palette)
and rip the charizard tilemap (to .raw)
i edited the charizard tileset in photoshop, it's still indexed, and saved
then i opened both in cyclone
i fixed the tilemap and saved it as another .raw

the tileset is fine when i insert it, it's just jumbled up
when i insert the tilemap, the image is put together fine, but takes on the palette of the POKéMON logo instead
what did i do wrong? o_O

You didn't set the palette properly. By default, it's the first one (palette 1) which is used by the logo, among others. Basically you need to load the tileset, set the palette to 14 and re-make the whole tilemap. Or you post the tilemap you're currently using and I'll fix the palette for you in no time.

Question: Where in unLz-GBA can I edit the big "Team Aqua Sign" that appears when you battle an Aqua grunt? (EMERALD please)
Whats the number, and can I just normally edit it in unLZ-GBA?

Also, same question, but then for the "Team rocket Sign" that appears in FIRERED, What's the number?

(By "signs" I mean the lgo you'll see right before a battle with team aqua/team rocket starts. You know, the screen get's all blurry, the battle music starts, and then ya see the logo.)

As far as I remember, those pictures are not LZ77 compressed. I may be wrong though, so make sure to check all the numbers in unLZ, I suggest you using the Black and White option. If the picture is not compressed, then you'll need to use a tile editor such as TLP or Tile Molester.

Years
I've searched and I haven't found my answer, so here's my question:

In Advanced Map, I place a person event (the boat) in the water, save in AMap, play on VBA and the boat is somewhere inland. Thinking it has something to do with the movement permissions, I change where the boat is to have 'C's instead of '4's, but it does the same thing as before. Could someone help me, please?

P.S. I'm using Advanced Map v.1.9.2 and VisualBoy Advance v.1.8.0.

P.S x2. If there's a word with an 'm' missing, it's because my bloody 'M' key sucks (I have to BASH it for it to work. D=<)

Years
Sometimes when I use this command, my character faces down instead of left:
Spoiler:

Why does this happen? How do I fix it?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Sometimes when I use this command, my character faces down instead of left:
Spoiler:

Why does this happen? How do I fix it?

That should not happen, maybe you made a typo. O.o

Zaangoose said:
In Advanced Map, I place a person event (the boat) in the water, save in AMap, play on VBA and the boat is somewhere inland. Thinking it has something to do with the movement permissions, I change where the boat is to have 'C's instead of '4's, but it does the same thing as before. Could someone help me, please?
When you open VBA, is it on the same map that you just edited? Get off that map, save, and restart (close and reopen) vba.
If it's not that, the boat - how far inland is it when playing?

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Ok, four four questions.

1. Is there some way to like count steps or time in FireRed like in the Safari Zone? (I know there is no real time clock in FR and I'm pretty sure there's no way to make one. If there's a way please tell me.)

2. Is there a way to add the Macro / Mach bikes into FR? Also... How do I make a script where stars aren't there and then they appear when you press a switch? I learned tons of scripting but for some reason didn't come across how to do this. Is it setmaptile script? I know that you can change movement permissions with setmaptile.

3. Is there a way to edit what an item does? Like if I want a specific item to say some type of text when I choose the item. Ex: If I make an item and click on it so that it says "It's 1:30" or "Its 2:00" depending on which flag is set in a script.

4. (Not really simple). How are voicegroups set up in hex? I want to edit voicegroups so that R/S/E music sounds perfect in FR/LG.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
1. The BootScreen : 1635 (Click on Black/White Colors)
2. The Groudon : between 70 --> 80 (Search)
3. The Text Ruby Version
: 1637 or 1638 (Or Around But it's Bad colors You will never see it)

MeDo0

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Ok, four four questions.

1. Is there some way to like count steps or time in FireRed like in the Safari Zone? (I know there is no real time clock in FR and I'm pretty sure there's no way to make one. If there's a way please tell me.)

2. Is there a way to add the Macro / Mach bikes into FR? Also... How do I make a script where stars aren't there and then they appear when you press a switch? I learned tons of scripting but for some reason didn't come across how to do this. Is it setmaptile script? I know that you can change movement permissions with setmaptile.

3. Is there a way to edit what an item does? Like if I want a specific item to say some type of text when I choose the item. Ex: If I make an item and click on it so that it says "It's 1:30" or "Its 2:00" depending on which flag is set in a script.

4. (Not really simple). How are voicegroups set up in hex? I want to edit voicegroups so that R/S/E music sounds perfect in FR/LG.

1. There's a timer in the Trainer Tower, I just dunno how to use it. xD There's probably a way to make a clock with some hex and ASM skills. Look at M_X! He's made a Day/Night palette changer for RS and is working to make it compatible with FR/LG!

2. Dunno.

3. Dunno.

4. I want to know too! xD Some music fits perfectly (like the RSE Route theme 2 with the Route theme 3 from FR) but other are horrendous (you try Route 201's theme! xD) I tried copying and pasting but all it did was make Sappy shut down when I tried to import. >.<

In the end, I haven't helped at all. xD

Where can I edit the, Fight, Run etc. text?

Search for it in advance text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back