• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Essentials "To Do" list

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
For the lottery system, try taking a hash of the current date as the lottery number. That way, it changes every day at midnight, and can't be exploited by resetting (still can be cheated by changing the date, but that holds for any system). Maybe keep track of the days it's been played already so you can't keep changing the date back to a winning date (also stops you playing multiple times per day).

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Alright, here's my to cents:

Essential
[FONT=Symbol, serif] [/FONT]Add all missing move/ability/item effects, and make sure they all work properly
You've got that right. To me, that's the highest priority in fact.

Some of the items under "Essential" seem minor to me however. To be exact:
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]o [/FONT]Bug: Events approaching the player via pbNoticePlayer will keep animating a little after reaching them, if the journey is an odd number of steps
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]o [/FONT]The player should continue animating when walking into a wall?
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]o [/FONT]Bug: Can have a surfing encounter immediately after ending surfing
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]o [/FONT]Bug: The background music should get quieter while the "item get!" SE plays
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]o [/FONT]Bug: An item ball should disappear before the message stating an item has been gained
These are all listed under under "Essential", and I thin they're hardly essential, just polishing touches.

Change default key controls
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]o [/FONT]F5 is in a stupid place, and should be closer to the rest of the controls
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]o [/FONT]What would be the best layout?
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]o [/FONT]Make surfacing button be the back/cancel button?
Here are the controls I use in GBA emulators, for your reference:
Directional buttons are the Arrow keys.
Z = A
Shift = B
A = L
S = R
ENTER & ESC = Start
' or \ = select

Another idea is to make CTRL also be usable as select.

[FONT=Symbol, serif] [/FONT]Add in mini-games:
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]o [/FONT]Underground/mining
Oh heck yes! I spent so many hours grinding for evolution stones and stuff in that. DO WANT.

[FONT=Symbol, serif] [/FONT]Remove support for ROM savegame reading?
That's in essentials!? That's cool, actually. A bit pointless however.

[FONT=Symbol, serif] [/FONT]Create berry.txt PBS file for berry-related info (growth rate/yield)
On that note, how about a watering animation? I have one in my game, and it uses the names scheme WateringXXX (Where XXX is the trainer number).
[FONT=Symbol, serif] [/FONT]Add a Pokémon property that can force any ability at all?
The only benefit to this is that I WOULD like to see what the name of the ability I'm giving a Pokémon is. Using 0,1, or 2 is slightly cryptic.
[FONT=Symbol, serif] [/FONT]Add a Gen 3-and-later style starter selection screen
I would leave this to the user, myself. Every selection scene is going to work differently.

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]o [/FONT]Add a constant sound effect for low HP
I would honestly rather have Pokémon Black/White's music. It's less repetitive, if not by much.

Another note - How about giving maps a size metadata? By this, I mean the number of tiles, in X and Y coordinates, that a specific map takes up on the Town Map. After that, the player icon's position on the town map can have their relative position on said map displays as well.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
For the lottery system, try taking a hash of the current date as the lottery number. That way, it changes every day at midnight, and can't be exploited by resetting (still can be cheated by changing the date, but that holds for any system). Maybe keep track of the days it's been played already so you can't keep changing the date back to a winning date (also stops you playing multiple times per day).
It's not exactly random, is it? I did briefly consider making the winning number depend on the date, but it'd be too difficult to turn it into a pseudo-random number. If you have any ideas, go ahead and share.

The only benefit to this is that I WOULD like to see what the name of the ability I'm giving a Pokémon is. Using 0,1, or 2 is slightly cryptic.
Good idea. The trick is that it should probably still be a number in trainers.txt, because that's much easier to deal with - the debug option and Editor's "make new trainer" function could show a list of abilities, though.

Another note - How about giving maps a size metadata? By this, I mean the number of tiles, in X and Y coordinates, that a specific map takes up on the Town Map. After that, the player icon's position on the town map can have their relative position on said map displays as well.
I considered this as well, but decided it was too fiddly. One particular example is of having an L-shaped map, and looking at the nests of a species that can be found on it - how can the game decide not to show the glowing red nest markers in the blank squares? And don't say "have a list of each square the large map occupies", because then how do you decide which square the player's head should go in?

I'm still of the opinion that people should be breaking up large maps into smaller ones. There's less lag, for one thing. There's more and more support for small maps, and there was never any for single large maps.

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Here are the controls I use in GBA emulators, for your reference:
Directional buttons are the Arrow keys.
Z = A
Shift = B
A = L
S = R
ENTER & ESC = Start
' or \ = select

Another idea is to make CTRL also be usable as select.
well that wouldn't work for european keyboards (Z and Y are exchanged) or other keyboards with different layouts...

I'm still of the opinion that people should be breaking up large maps into smaller ones. There's less lag, for one thing. There's more and more support for small maps, and there was never any for single large maps.
didnt knew this...
thx for the advice! :)

ahh i finished to rip the entire B/W pokedex... (if i forgot something say it thought)
it took longer then i thought... <.<
here it is ---> http://www.xup.in/dl,15045847/BW_Pokedex_rip.zip/
if the rip is ok should i start ripping the cry images from the pokedex?
i mean these:
Spoiler:

i am sure it would be usefull to have all 649 cry images if you plan to add the cry option into the pokedex...
or is it more important to rip the B/W box system?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
To make save files goes in game folder in SpriteWindow change:

Code:
  def self.getSaveFolder
    if !@@folder
      # XXX: Use "." instead of Dir.pwd because of problems retrieving files if
      # the current directory contains an accent mark
      pwd="."
      # Get the known folder path for saved games
      savedGames=getKnownFolder([0x4c5c32ff,0xbb9d,0x43b0,
         0xb5,0xb4,0x2d,0x72,0xe5,0x4e,0xaa,0xa4])
      if savedGames && savedGames!="" && isDirWritable(savedGames)
        pwd=ensureGameDir(savedGames)
      end
      if isDirWritable(pwd)
        @@folder=pwd
      else
        appdata=ENV["LOCALAPPDATA"]
        if isDirWritable(appdata)
          appdata=ensureGameDir(appdata)
        else
          appdata=ENV["APPDATA"]
          elsif isDirWritable(pwd)
            appdata=pwd
          else
            appdata="."
          end
        end
        @@folder=appdata
      end
    end
    return @@folder
  end

to

Code:
 def self.getSaveFolder
  if !@@folder
   # XXX: Use "." instead of Dir.pwd because
   # of problems retrieving files if the current
   # directory contains an accent mark
   pwd="."
   if isDirWritable(pwd)
    @@folder=pwd
   else
    appdata=ENV["LOCALAPPDATA"]
    else
     appdata=ENV["APPDATA"]
     else
      appdata=pwd
     end
    end
    @@folder=appdata
   end
  end
  return @@folder
 end

Poccil is certainly a great scripter, but he lost interest and now you're stuck with me (and yourselves). I couldn't do anything as grand as he could, and my vision is somewhat different to his, but it's better than nothing. It's pointless dwelling on the past and wondering what could have been.
Yours version also had lot of good points too. You are more practical in compensation.

You imply that I've removed all these features. Wiimote compatibility and the laggy time system, yes, but none of the others. Can you explain what you mean by "shadows on overworlds", because if it's what I think you're talking about, I wasn't aware such a feature was ever in Essentials?
I know that you're only remove these two, I only list some of poccil great scripts with low application. About the Shadow I was talking about the events with name 'OutdoorLight'. The pole in Test Map has this.

It's not exactly random, is it? I did briefly consider making the winning number depend on the date, but it'd be too difficult to turn it into a pseudo-random number. If you have any ideas, go ahead and share.
I suggest the formula: 0xFFFF-(pickletters(day+month*2)+day+8*(month/10+month%10)+((month-1)*30+year*365)&0xFFFF). Here the pickletters picks the sum of char value of letters of a move name (or other PBS file) where internalnumber=parameter.

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
Here's an idea: Instead of putting only 10 moves and their animations/sound effects you could put moves up to at least 3rd or 4th gen instead of making people waste several weeks of time trying to make halfway descent attack animations.

I spent all day today working on the move erruption and I still dont have it done cause I cant make the sound effect for it. So now that I'm *almost* done with eruption, 1 move down and like 300 to go. -_-

Aside from this one flaw Pokemon Essentials is perfect. (minus the small bugs/glitches ofcourse) I would be truly grateful if this is added in the next release.

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Here's an idea: Instead of putting only 10 moves and their animations/sound effects you could put moves up to at least 3rd or 4th gen instead of making people waste several weeks of time trying to make halfway descent attack animations.

I spent all day today working on the move erruption and I still dont have it done cause I cant make the sound effect for it. So now that I'm *almost* done with eruption, 1 move down and like 300 to go. -_-

Aside from this one flaw Pokemon Essentials is perfect. (minus the small bugs/glitches ofcourse) I would be truly grateful if this is added in the next release.
well thats not an idea but a selfish request...
why should maruno spend hours for making move animations if there are alot of other important things to do...
if you want essentials to have the move animations how about you make them and contribute them?
a nice idea that would help everyone right? :D

Maruno

Years
ahh i finished to rip the entire B/W pokedex... (if i forgot something say it thought)
it took longer then i thought... <.<
here it is ---> http://www.xup.in/dl,15045847/BW_Pokedex_rip.zip/
if the rip is ok should i start ripping the cry images from the pokedex?
i mean these:
Spoiler:

i am sure it would be usefull to have all 649 cry images if you plan to add the cry option into the pokedex...
or is it more important to rip the B/W box system?
I didn't say "rip", I said "design". I don't need the graphics themselves; I need an idea of how they go together. Concept art. Preferably art based on the existing screens (which are HGSS-style), so that they have the same feel as the rest of the game.

The Pokédex is simple enough to change (just resize a few boxes, and change what information appears in the list screen). The main problem is getting the storage screen to look nice when the graphics are impossible to cram together. If you just come up with a good design for that, I'll consider changing it.

I have no plans to add a "Cry" page to the Pokégear.

I know that you're only remove these two, I only list some of poccil great scripts with low application. About the Shadow I was talking about the events with name 'OutdoorLight'. The pole in Test Map has this.

I suggest the formula: 0xFFFF-(pickletters(day+month*2)+day+8*(month/10+month%10)+((month-1)*30+year*365)&0xFFFF). Here the pickletters picks the sum of char value of letters of a move name (or other PBS file) where internalnumber=parameter.
Ah, I see.

Will that formula yield all possible values (0-35565) eventually? Are some numbers more likely to be picked than others? I'm not sure I understand what pickletters does.

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
well thats not an idea but a selfish request...
why should maruno spend hours for making move animations if there are alot of other important things to do...
if you want essentials to have the move animations how about you make them and contribute them?
a nice idea that would help everyone right? :D

You're right.

I'm going to use what I believe are the ripped animations from either D/P or B/W. I'll be honest, I haven't played much of Pokemon after the gba generations so its gonna take longer than I thought.

After I'm done do I just message maruno with the completed animations? And what file format do you want it in? Like the ripped images or the actual Animations.rxdata file?

Also I'm pretty good with Ruby so I can help make scripts.

Last edited:

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016

Simple way: seed a RNG with the date in some form, and use the output of that. I'm pretty sure Ruby has a srand() method; there might even be a custom RNG class in Essentials you could use.
Complicated but more 'random' way: use a cryptographic hash function e.g. SHA or RSA on the date. You get better randomness, but it's harder to implement.

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I didn't say "rip", I said "design". I don't need the graphics themselves; I need an idea of how they go together. Concept art. Preferably art based on the existing screens (which are HGSS-style), so that they have the same feel as the rest of the game.

The Pokédex is simple enough to change (just resize a few boxes, and change what information appears in the list screen). The main problem is getting the storage screen to look nice when the graphics are impossible to cram together. If you just come up with a good design for that, I'll consider changing it.

I have no plans to add a "Cry" page to the Pokégear.
i dont want to say its impossible to design a fitting storage screen with the HGSS style but you should consider that the newest games are BW and BW2...
isnt it better to update essentials to the newest BW graphics?
i dont mean all at once but piece for piece...
why not be up to date with something as simple as graphics?
ok there are maybe some problems because the official games have 2 screens...
but thats another point you should consider adding...
maybe not "touch screen" but so that there is another screen that you can access with a single button klick... (like HGSS or BW)
it would fix all the problems with the storage system and the pokedex because you can show alot more information with 2 screens...
adding the 5th gen pokemon would be no problem anymore...
well at the end you will decide all these points...
i just want to make clear that nintendo already released 7 main pokemon games with dual screens and i dont think that they will stop it soon...
its a huge success for them after all... :P

i will try to make the storage system fit but you should think about the points i mentioned...

Maruno

Years
You're right.

I'm going to use what I believe are the ripped animations from either D/P or B/W. I'll be honest, I haven't played much of Pokemon after the gba generations so its gonna take longer than I thought.

After I'm done do I just message maruno with the completed animations? And what file format do you want it in? Like the ripped images or the actual Animations.rxdata file?
I'd need the animation sheet (the picture with the graphics), and the exported animation. That is, export each animation separately.

You might want to wait until I've touched up the Animation Editor a little to support better animations (i.e. added in backgrounds and cel layers).

i dont want to say its impossible to design a fitting storage screen with the HGSS style but you should consider that the newest games are BW and BW2...
isnt it better to update essentials to the newest BW graphics?
i dont mean all at once but piece for piece...
why not be up to date with something as simple as graphics?
ok there are maybe some problems because the official games have 2 screens...
but thats another point you should consider adding...
maybe not "touch screen" but so that there is another screen that you can access with a single button klick... (like HGSS or BW)
it would fix all the problems with the storage system and the pokedex because you can show alot more information with 2 screens...
adding the 5th gen pokemon would be no problem anymore...
well at the end you will decide all these points...
i just want to make clear that nintendo already released 7 main pokemon games with dual screens and i dont think that they will stop it soon...
its a huge success for them after all... :P

i will try to make the storage system fit but you should think about the points i mentioned...
I did consider the fact that Gen 5 exists, but then I decided I preferred the graphics of HGSS. I've already stated my reasons, but in a nutshell, I don't believe that newer is always better (so being "up to date" for the sake of it is a non-argument).

I have also considered adding a dual screen feature, but quickly decided against that. The Pokémon games are only dual-screen things because the DS is a dual-screen console, and not because dual screens are inherently better. Essentials makes games for computers, which have one screen. There's no "problems" with not having enough room to show everything, because there is room for it - I made sure when I redesigned everything (all by myself) that the information would fit.

That's where I stand. You may not like it, but you're not the one in charge of the development - it's just me by myself. I did try recruiting a development team at the start, but no one was interested (and still isn't, as I've not had any offers). If I suddenly get a wave of offers now, please keep it to PMs.

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
I'd need the animation sheet (the picture with the graphics), and the exported animation. That is, export each animation separately.

You might want to wait until I've touched up the Animation Editor a little to support better animations (i.e. added in backgrounds and cel layers).

The fixed animation editor is going to be released in version 8, correct?

Oh and since I already have the ripped images from emerald I'm building the attack animations based off of emerald. I can also do the roulette mini-game and work on other gambling mini-games.

BTW Ive overheard some ppl asking how they can make pokemon essentials into a multiplayer game. RMXP does have multiplayer capabilities using Netplay. Netplay isn't, as far as I know, an open source project but I do have the source for the 2.0 version of the client and server, so if your interested ill send it to you.

The server side .exe is written in Ruby (.rb files) and the client is an RMXP project file.

Just let me know if you want it and ill send it 2 you. (I can also upload it to VirusTotal if you have trust issues)

P.S. Im a freelance web developer so i have tons of free time on my hands, that being said I would love to help with this.

Last edited:

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I did consider the fact that Gen 5 exists, but then I decided I preferred the graphics of HGSS. I've already stated my reasons, but in a nutshell, I don't believe that newer is always better (so being "up to date" for the sake of it is a non-argument).
i know what you mean...
i dont like alot of things in the 5th gen games myself...
but fact is that the new games will be more different in design with each generation...
and they will always be dual screen until nintendo decides to make a new console with 1 screen...
nintedo isnt going back with pokemon graphics and we shouldnt stick to one generation either! :)

I have also considered adding a dual screen feature, but quickly decided against that. The Pokémon games are only dual-screen things because the DS is a dual-screen console, and not because dual screens are inherently better. Essentials makes games for computers, which have one screen. There's no "problems" with not having enough room to show everything, because there is room for it - I made sure when I redesigned everything (all by myself) that the information would fit.
i know that dual screens are not usefull during the normal gameplay...
and i know that "touch screens" (which arent actually touch screens because you use your mouse) is completely unnecessary for a computer pokemon game...
i would never advise you to add a "touch screen"...
but a second screen accessible with a button klick is something different...
you could put the menu there which would look much better...
you could make the storage screen like in BW...
you could show pictures AND the main screen without sacrificing space to show different things...
you could add minigames like the unown puzzle from the second gen (movable with the d-pad)
and alot of more things...
of course its possible to do all this with one screen...
but wouldnt it be a little squeezed together? ^^
and that the 5th gen pokemon sprites dont fit in the storage screen is actually a "problem" :P

That's where I stand. You may not like it, but you're not the one in charge of the development - it's just me by myself. I did try recruiting a development team at the start, but no one was interested (and still isn't, as I've not had any offers). If I suddenly get a wave of offers now, please keep it to PMs.
hope you dont missunderstand me...
i love the work you do and i accept all decisions you make/made...
i just want to give you advice and points to think about...
doing this much all alone is hard i know...
and i would gladly be a member of the development team... (if you would accept someone like me of course)
ok i cant script but if you need graphics i can find, rip and/or make them!
i know alot of the metagame which could be considered as another plus point... :P

redx2dth said:

Oh and since I already have the ripped images from emerald I'm building the attack animations based off of emerald. I can also do the roulette mini-game and work on other gambling mini-games.

BTW Ive overheard some ppl asking how they can make pokemon essentials into a multiplayer game. RMXP does have multiplayer capabilities using Netplay. Netplay isn't, as far as I know, an open source project but I do have the source for the 2.0 version of the client and server, so if your interested ill send it to you.

The server side .exe is written in Ruby (.rb files) and the client is an RMXP project file.

Just let me know if you want it and ill send it 2 you. (I can also upload it to VirusTotal if you have trust issues)

P.S. Im a freelance web developer so i have tons of free time on my hands, that being said I would love to help with this.
look here for the attack animations from DP --> http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pkmndiamondpearl/sheet/21068
and it would be awesome if you can help us with some minigames like the roulette minigame from emerald or some other! :D
look here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7177085&postcount=6) for more information about the gambling minigames and ask me if you need anything... (graphics or info) ;)
and the point with multiplayer sounds awesome too! :D

Last edited:

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
look here for the attack animations from DP --> http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pkmndiamondpearl/sheet/21068
and it would be awesome if you can help us with some minigames like the roulette minigame from emerald or some other! :D
look here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7177085&postcount=6) for more information about the gambling minigames and ask me if you need anything... (graphics or info) ;)
and the point with multiplayer sounds awesome too! :D

Ive tried making animations with this. I tried seed flare and it was less than adequate. I can give it another go i suppose.

I could allways use both generation's animations because, unlike the overworld sprites and tilesets, they dont differ very much. I could just touch up emerald animation's using MSAA or tessellation, which are both achievable using GIMP and Photoshop CS4(or higher)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Here I made a system that make equal name areas flashing in Pokédex Area if someone wish.

Will that formula yield all possible values (0-35565) eventually? Are some numbers more likely to be picked than others? I'm not sure I understand what pickletters does.
The right is 0-65535 or 0x0000-0xFFFF or 0-(216-1). Yield all possible values, maybe some numbers more likely to be picked than others, but isn't something notable (like one had two times more chance).

Pickletters example with moves and the 37 value: 37 move is Fling, so using the Ascii table:
Spoiler:

Code:
F   l   i   n   g
070+108+105+110+103=496
Thinking now maybe is better to do 070*1+108*2+105*4+110*8+103*16 and sum the result with the call of this function again with month*16, maybe using a different PBS file.

Better idea, create a new variable on PokemonGlobal that is initialize with a array with around 1000 numbers rand(0x10000) and every day one position is read and all values before this position were removed and a equal number are added.

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Ive tried making animations with this. I tried seed flare and it was less than adequate. I can give it another go i suppose.

I could allways use both generation's animations because, unlike the overworld sprites and tilesets, they dont differ very much. I could just touch up emerald animation's using MSAA or tessellation, which are both achievable using GIMP and Photoshop CS4(or higher)

you use this (http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokeem/sheet/28882) sheet right?
yeah they dont differ much... ^^
you could even use some of these attack animations --> http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pokemonrangertol/sheet/41335
and are you helping us with the roulette minigame? :D
you have time until maruno updates the animation editor right? ;)

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
you use this (http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokeem/sheet/28882) sheet right?
yeah they dont differ much... ^^
you could even use some of these attack animations --> http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pokemonrangertol/sheet/41335
and are you helping us with the roulette minigame? :D
you have time until maruno updates the animation editor right? ;)

I used that sheet and DP animations.

Im working on that and 2 other games. Also, because there are only like 10 songs included with pokemon essentials, I used Sappy-mod15 to extract all MIDI songs from emerald and fire red so im going to send that and Netplay 2.0 source files to maruno soon.

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I used that sheet and DP animations.

Im working on that and 2 other games. Also, because there are only like 10 songs included with pokemon essentials, I used Sappy-mod15 to extract all MIDI songs from emerald and fire red so im going to send that and Netplay 2.0 source files to maruno soon.

ahh thats nice to hear! :D
and i have all the OST from all pokemon games until now (as mp3 thought) so if someone needs any theme feel free to ask me! ;)

Maruno

Years
Maybe, if I (or someone else!) gets round to it. The "To Do" list says what needs doing for this.

hope you dont missunderstand me...
i love the work you do and i accept all decisions you make/made...
i just want to give you advice and points to think about...
doing this much all alone is hard i know...
and i would gladly be a member of the development team... (if you would accept someone like me of course)
ok i cant script but if you need graphics i can find, rip and/or make them!
i know alot of the metagame which could be considered as another plus point... :P
Whenever someone mentions a feature or aspect, I do reconsider my stance on it. Most of the time it doesn't change, though. Trust me, I've already thought quite enough about dual/touch screens and which game's graphics to use.

As I said, this discussion has been had before. Essentials is for making Pokémon games, which I believe means an RPG with Pokémon in it, not emulating the console some of the official Pokémon games were created for. The sheer number of fangames that are already being made proves that a dual screen is not "a vital feature without which it isn't a Pokémon game". The computer is a fundamentally different medium to a DS as well, and a dual screen layout doesn't suit a computer game (my opinion, but at the moment it's the one that matters).

I don't recall anyone else complaining that Essentials doesn't have a dual screen (and indeed, those who have made their own prefer Essentials not to have it, because that makes their games more unique). If you want to keep claiming that a dual screen is better than a single screen, then make your own thread about it and post comparisons that prove your point. Don't fill up this thread with it.

If you can come up with a design (even just a sketch) that allows both the sprite and storage box to fit on the one screen, please let me know and I'll try to develop it. It would be nice to allow larger sprites.

Better idea, create a new variable on PokemonGlobal that is initialize with a array with around 1000 numbers rand(0x10000) and every day one position is read and all values before this position were removed and a equal number are added.
That's a much better idea. It's remarkably simple, keeps the randomness (as much as the rand function can be random), and lets the numbers stay the same during the day to avoid cheating. Perhaps just 5 in-advance values need be stored - trying to get around even that would take an inordinate amount of effort (involving lots of saving/date changing/backing up saves).

I'll do this, then.

Back