• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Help Please (this is the current team i use against my friend, not for randoms)

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
First note, this team is only used against a couple of people I know who also have hacked teams)

Chandelure:
Nature: Modest
Held Item: Fire Gem
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: S.atk 252 speed 252
IVs (all 31)
attacks: Heat Wave, Calm Mind, Protect, Shadow Ball

Conkeldur
Nature: Brave
Held Item: Non
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: HP 120, atk: 252, s def 126
IVs: Speed, atk and hp 31
Attacks:
Mach Punch, Drain Punch, Poison Jab + bulk up

Electravire:
Nature: Adamant
Held Item: Leftovers
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: hp 4, atk 252, speed 252
IVs: All 31 apart from S atk which is 28
Attacks:
Wild Charge, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Cross Chop

Simipour:
Nature Quiet
Held Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Glut
EVs: Hp 124, def 68, s. atk 124, s.def 68, speed 124
IVs: HP, Def, S.def, S.atk, are 31, attack is 0 and speed is 27
Attacks:
Scald, Ice beam, Grass Knot, Hidden Power Fighting

Porygon-Z
Held Item Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 hp, 252 s.atk and 252 speed
Ivs: Cant remember
Attacks:
Tri attack
Dark Pulse
Hidden Power
Thunder Bolt (was meant to change this lol)

Durant:
Nature: Adament
Held Item: Wide Lens
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 in attack and speed (cant fully remember, didnt save the pkm >.<)
IVs: again cant remember didnt save the PKM)
Attacks:
Iron Head
Protect
Bug Bite
Rock Slide

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If Chandelure's Hidden Power type isn't Fighting, you can use Substitute over Protect so that it protects Chandelure from status and gives it a defensive buffer against attacks while it sets up Calm Mind. Use Leftovers as the item so that it doesn't get worn down by residual damage from creating Substitutes, as well as battle damage in general.

Poison Jab has terrible coverage on Conkeldurr. Instead, use Payback to help deal with Psychics and Ghosts or Stone Edge for fliers. When B2/W2 come, you can use Ice Punch for Gliscor and Landorus.

ThunderPunch is an inferior option on Electivire compared to Wild Charge (even though the recoil stings a bit). When B2/W2 come, replace it with Ice Punch. Also, since Electivire has excellent coverage, use an Expert Belt. But Electivire isn't as good as it used to be, so you can consider Jolteon over it:
-Thundebolt
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Signal Beam/Shadow Ball
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Choice Specs/Air Balloon (?)
Ability: Volt Absorb

A Quiet nature wastes away Simipour's good Speed. Simipour also doesn't have enough natural raw power to be a sweeper unless it has Nasty Plot; it also doesn't have good defenses. Rotom-W has the power and bulk to be a good Choice user or serve as a bulky attacker:
-Thunderbolt
-Hydro Pump
-Hidden Power (Ice/Fire)
-Trick
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

or
-Thunderbolt/Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-o-Wisp/Hidden Power (Fire)
-Pain Split
EVs: 112 HP/252 SAtk/144 Spe
Item: Leftovers

What's Porygon-Z's Hidden Power type? If you can't remember, go with BoltBeam. Also, Porygon-Z's average Speed and defenses make it hard for it to sweep. You can also use Trick in conjunction with the Choice Scarf to cripple walls.

Durant really should take advantage of Hone Claws to fix the accuracy issues that Hustle brings. Said move also makes Durant more powerful than it already is:
-Hone Claws
-X-Scissor
-Iron Head
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 8 HP/252 Atk/248 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Wide Lens/Focus Sash
Ability: Hustle

When B2/W2 come in, you can use Superpower to let Durant hit Steels hard.

Scizor is something else you can consider over Durant. It's bulkier and has priority Bullet Punch:
-U-turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower/Brick Break
-Pursuit/Quick Attack
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Technician

or
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Brick Break/Superpower
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb/Iron Plate

or
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite/Brick Break
-Roost
EVs: 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Iron Plate

Last edited:

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Cool, first off, ty for the info;

I never really considered Substitute as a protective thing, Electravire is mostly there to activate flash fire as my teams main tac is to power up Chand (1 calm mind + fire gem + flash fire activated) and then attack with heat wave - this on most occasions does at least 50% off full hp, and thats against water or other types fire is weak against (i spose i could get Whims for prankster/sunny day to make it even more powered).

Noted, will change ASAP :)

It would seem to be dark, when i used Pory-z before i used it mostly for smashing mons with a 160 base tri attack, but what you say makes more sence, tbf i tend to go with a monster i like the look of and try and pick out decent moves, or go to smogon for a build lol - i never seem to quite get the team work aspect of double and triple battles lol :P sometimes i get it right on the nose, this will be something ill have to check and experiment with :D

Simipour is only there cause i like the look of him, if there is a better mon of any type, im happy to experiment, was thinking of Braivary/staraptor perhaps?

With Durant, yeah - that i can agree with, i forgot there would still be an accuracy deficit from hustle even with the wide lens, only problem is his 4x fire weakness :(

As for Scizor, I actually had your second suggested set up for him.

I wouldnt mind trying to build a whole new team, apart from Chand and Electravire (they are like my two faves ever :P) but as you can tell from my current line up - im not the best at team building, but your points I will indeed take into consideration, specially with conk and substitute, just a matter of tweaking things so that I can land a fire punch before sub :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Cool, first off, ty for the info;

I never really considered Substitute as a protective thing, Electravire is mostly there to activate flash fire as my teams main tac is to power up Chand (1 calm mind + fire gem + flash fire activated) and then attack with heat wave - this on most occasions does at least 50% off full hp, and thats against water or other types fire is weak against (i spose i could get Whims for prankster/sunny day to make it even more powered).

Noted, will change ASAP :)

It would seem to be dark, when i used Pory-z before i used it mostly for smashing mons with a 160 base tri attack, but what you say makes more sence, tbf i tend to go with a monster i like the look of and try and pick out decent moves, or go to smogon for a build lol - i never seem to quite get the team work aspect of double and triple battles lol :P sometimes i get it right on the nose, this will be something ill have to check and experiment with :D

Simipour is only there cause i like the look of him, if there is a better mon of any type, im happy to experiment, was thinking of Braivary/staraptor perhaps?

With Durant, yeah - that i can agree with, i forgot there would still be an accuracy deficit from hustle even with the wide lens, only problem is his 4x fire weakness :(

As for Scizor, I actually had your second suggested set up for him.

I wouldnt mind trying to build a whole new team, apart from Chand and Electravire (they are like my two faves ever :P) but as you can tell from my current line up - im not the best at team building, but your points I will indeed take into consideration, specially with conk and substitute, just a matter of tweaking things so that I can land a fire punch before sub :D

Electivire has Motor Drive, not Flash Fire. Chandelure is the one who has that ability. xP Like I said, Electivire's not as good as it used to be. Test it out in OU and see for yourself. Chandelure, on the other hand, does pretty decently in OU despite being a UU Pokemon (because it used to be OU). Oh and use Fire Blast over Heat Wave; the 20 extra Base Power helps.

Braviary and Staraptor are...interesting choices to say the least. But Braviary is held back by its average Speed and Staraptor's overuse of recoil moves wears it down easily. Both are also weak to Stealth Rock. Speaking of Stealth Rock, Chandelure is weak to it too. You're going to need a Rapid Spinner, like, say, Forretress or Starmie:
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball/Earthquake/Volt Switch
Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef (Relaxed) or 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef (Sassy)
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy

Starmie:
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin/Recover
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers/Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Sorry, I didnt make myself clear - Elec uses Fire Punch on Chand :P

I dont tend to follow the teirs much in my choices as said :P just ones i test and see how they work lol, my original team was:

Elec, chand and conk (as they were in my original post) then I had Excadrill Hippowdon (as suggested in the other CBC post in the other thread) and Nidoking so i had half a sandstorm team and half a heat wave team, and i chose heat wave as its one of those moves where if its in the middle, it takes out the whole team rather then attack one mon :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Sorry, I didnt make myself clear - Elec uses Fire Punch on Chand :P

I dont tend to follow the teirs much in my choices as said :P just ones i test and see how they work lol, my original team was:

Elec, chand and conk (as they were in my original post) then I had Excadrill Hippowdon (as suggested in the other CBC post in the other thread) and Nidoking so i had half a sandstorm team and half a heat wave team, and i chose heat wave as its one of those moves where if its in the middle, it takes out the whole team rather then attack one mon :)

Wait, this is a double battle team? You could've said that in the OP; I never knew that before. xP I was thinking that this was a single battle team. In that case, Protect is still fine on Chandelure, since you won't have much time to set up Calm Mind (or Substitute for that matter), since the double battling environment is fast-paced compared to single battling.

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Oh, sorry again :( its mostly triple battles yeah, i should make a custom emblem for most clueless member lol! :P

Back